What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

my chemdog double d

G

Nice chem. I have a moemist (kalimist bx1 X (Kali X Chemdog back-crossed 4 times) and the stinky fuel smell comes out of my best and tallest one. It also has the most indica leaves, this is a great plant! Its funny how chem comes through anything its grown with. I realized last night looking at my garden, the 14 plants I have all have chem in them somehow. There is a total of about 4-5 different mothers all crossed with a SD ibl male and they all smell pretty funky like rotting fish/fuel.

(?) X sd father
Snowdog X hindu kush f1
Snowdog X hindu kush f2's
Moemists

Last edited:
G

sorry folks I dont have any pics but can testify on the double d, I have grown out 10 of them, 5 females and flowered two males and made f2 stock. I got two great phenos and one so so and two i dident like. my pheno 4 is my fav, a diesel dom bud structure that is loaded with trics, the 5 pheno is the same except is more chem looking, both have the same smell, its not diesel smell but a unique smell all its own. I cant grow enough of it, every one wants it now, I have sent a cut of the #4 to a friend that can post pics and im sure he will soon. out of all the strains im currently running its the best.

clowntown

Veteran
bon,

Nice buds. :yes:

Did your plant release any pollen before turning into a female? How far did the male flowers get, before starting to release female flowers?

Last edited:
B

bon

@grizz: idd this is kinda addictive. Already wanne grow me some more...

@clowntown: when i was removingthe balls from the plant, i saw pollen drop. Also found a few seeds in buds, but only 4-5 of them (kept one, the rest were found by friends of mine who lost them...). With this one plant i had, the male flowers got pretty far, i was even in doubt about killing the last out of ten... Just kept it and pinched away the balls, later on she showed her female flowers.

Hope this helps

cheers

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
bon said:
dusty indeed, sometimes i can see the trichomes fall off... I can't start imagining how much trichomes i lost while trimming :nono: gheghe

cheers!
thats why you trim wet.

B

bon

@Rez: Thanks for dropping by!

@Bubbabear: Thanks!

@ethereal: That's what i do; but still...

cheers ! :joint:

THC•20

So I'm guessing if you pick the balls, weeks go by and nothing happens it's safe to say it was a male right? :p

clowntown

Veteran
Started 5 seeds; 1 died within a few days of sprouting, and the other 4 turned into 3 females and 1 male. Of the 3 females, 1 showed 2 or 3 balls (unopened) by roughly 14 days 12/12. Another one showed 3 unopened balls roughly 21 days into 12/12. No signs of sacs / nanners on the third one, but I'm keeping my eye on it. Since I've plucked off the balls, I haven't seen any more since (IIRC, they're roughly at day 25-ish). Hope they stay that way.

B

bon

@THC•20: If i remember correctly, the first signs will be female, like clowntown is saying...

@clowntown: sounds about right, it's like a stage they go thru, think youl'll be safe from now on...

cheers!

Tolpan

I'm just harvesting at the moment!
Amazing plants, if I get my computer back next week, I will show some shots.

The first one I harvested was a 59 day finisher with a very good yield and nice dense structure. Now I'm at day 72 and still some plants need 2-3 days more then the first chemdog DD run is over!

Had nanners one every plant, some had only 5, others showed 30-40 at day 25-30. But they all showed first that they are females, then they hermie.

But they smoke is worth keeping it, really outstanding stuff! Kept the 59 day finisher as mother!

Tolpan

B

bon

nope they didn't, just in the last few weeks you can find a sterile nanner... as far as i know the balls did have some pollen in it. I found like 4 seeds in the weed... Good luck!

cheers!

do any of the chemdogs produce a cat piss / stinky urderarm smell. Im in nyc and am gettin bud that looks just like this called "sour". shit is amazing and funky, very skunky, deep inhale of a nug and u get a catpiss smell, quick whiff and its sweaty underarms. anyways its starting to become harder to get so id like to find out what it is so I could add it to my box.haha

clowntown

Veteran
Thanks bon. :wave: I'm really looking forward to it. Looking back at my notes, 2 of the plants are at day 34-35 now; and 1 around 21-22 days.

SOURSOILDER, I'm confused. :confused: Are you growing this, or did you buy a bag? And you're curious if it's CDD? :chin:

Last edited:
im getting bud that from the looks and decriptions seems like it could be a "chemdog" strain, so i figured id see if any of the guys growing it came across a pheno with the smell ive described. btw here are some shots of the nug im talking about..

Last edited:

clowntown

Veteran
Interesting; not to be too harsh, but ... you bought some bud from a dealer that looks like... weed... and you're wondering, if by one in a million chance, it's Chemdog Double D based on those pics and your smell description on a purchased bag with no origin? :bashhead:

I'm gonna give you some free advice. :jump: If you want to be smoking some of this stuff that we're talking about on this thread, for sure without question, then pony up $80 and grab yourself a pack and grow along with us. Stop buying random bags of bud and randomly asking if it's so-and-so strain. Grow it and know it for sure.

Last edited: