What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are you prepared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The roadways out of any big city will be crawling with the newest and most desperate breed of highwaymen.......

Navigable rivers and waterways would be your safest bet out of town. Leave after nightfall.

A deep-V 18' aluminum fishing boat w/a 50-75 hp outboard motor, get it quickly to the river & motor to your bugout location, make sure there are no dams or waterfalls between you & your destination by proper planning well in advance. Plan in advance to launch it from a roadway somehow to avoid any kind of traffic @ public access points. After unbinding your boat from the trailer but keeping a long line attached you can just drive your car/truck right into the water if need be, this is likely the last time you'll see your vehicle.

Stick to the middle of the river, know how to navigate buoys, watch for trouble from overpasses, perhaps even to fashion a small stone-proof plywood roof if you know you'll motor by a lot of overpasses while still in the city. Have one or two fully charged Q-Beam spotlights on board, if you think trouble is incoming blind your foes and pick up speed, it's really tough to hit a moving target once blinded at night.

Your bugout could simply be a piece of country land you own with an old school bus on it, get close to your land, be able to recognize this point in the dark, one person waits w/the boat while one goes to get the school bus to come empty the boat of all your supplies and rations you packed in it in anticipation of this day. Try to save the boat and motor for trade value if possible but if its served its purpose in getting you out of town safely you may choose to leave it too. The person going to get the school bus should walk to it with one of those 12Volt car jumpers & a can of ether starting spray in hand, be prepared.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
trails are another option.

pacific crest trail
pctmap.jpg

SamsMap-2.jpg

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

good stuff HZ, the North Country Trail in MN was 100 yds from my 1st piece of property up here in MN, that land adjoined the Chippewa Natl Forest. I'd walk out my back door and down to the trail to hunt ruffed grouse, hunting behind 2 dogs those birds didn't stand a chance.......

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is other smaller trails that connect these larger ones too. research and notes are necessary though. There are long parts on some trails with out any access to water.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is other smaller trails that connect these larger ones too. research and notes are necessary though. There are long parts on some trails with out any access to water.

The NCT is no wider than a decent foot path up here, as it winds through the natl forest there are hundreds of other forestry trails intersecting it here & there; up here there's water everywhere. I wouldn't want to walk far to my bugout, thankfully where I am now is where I'll be staying if and when that time comes.......

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Despite the lack of funds, I have been working on getting some sort of bug out bag prepared. Being in mid-20's there have really been only two times I've been without power for any length of time, although I live in a pretty safe environment wise place, in the suburbs too. 2nd time was the Oct '11 ice storm shit. I just feel like 'something' is going to happen, probably sooner than later, and I want to be prepared as possible at least in the first 72 hrs. Although that something will probably be bad weather, you never know. I do however wish I had a firearm, guess I need to look into getting a license. Will hopefully repost when I got my shit together

Anyone else consider emergency herbal supplies?

Your post highlights why this is a great idea, not only because it can help you in the event of a possible catastropic situation that may or may not happen but it can also help in the event of more ordinary problems that while not the end of the world can be nearly as devastating if one doesn't have what they need.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
The NCT is no wider than a decent foot path up here, as it winds through the natl forest there are hundreds of other forestry trails intersecting it here & there; up here there's water everywhere. I wouldn't want to walk far to my bugout, thankfully where I am now is where I'll be staying if and when that time comes.......

If one is expecting and preparing for the kind of situation these doomsday preppers are preparing for then this is the best way to go in my opinion. I mean most people can't afford to have two places so doesn't it just make alot more sense to prepare the place where you are rather then bug out to some place that who knows who else is planning to bug out to?

med_breeder

I wouldn't be showing my guns on TV that's for sure.......

already happened.

The guy with the high BMI.

Has been ruled mentally incompentant,

his guns have been seized.

His Doctor dropped the dime on him.

If they get picked up for a season two, I wonder if the show will cover it.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Depending on the season depends on where to go. If it happens in spring then you have 5 or 6 months to prepare for winter in the mountains, and you can do ok. Stocking up on food is crucial.

If it happens in the winter than heading towards the equator is the way to go. Not to far south though or it is all jungle. Just to go on record. Fuck the Jungle. Way to many bugs that are poisonous and bigger than my face.

SacredBreh

Wow.... a five year thread! Just finished catching up.

Wow.... a five year thread! Just finished catching up.

What is interesting is that it is even more likely in the next year than when the thread was started.

Lots of good info.... have been preparing for years now. For some reason it has always been an interest of mine since a kid.

Peace

mrcreosote

Veteran
If the shit really hits the fan I'm gonna hang out with this guy...

Deliverance+1.jpg

And bring a gun in case I run into this guy...

images

hunt4genetics

Veteran
already happened.

The guy with the high BMI.

Has been ruled mentally incompentant,

his guns have been seized.

His Doctor dropped the dime on him.

If they get picked up for a season two, I wonder if the show will cover it.

His name is David Sarti.

The FBI declared him Mentally defective.

I saw one of his youtube vids a while back.

He did a dramatization of what a North Korean invasion would be like. He is a well skilled prepper with a wealth of info.

If you have guns I would advise you to never joke about anything in front of the new snitch squad:

Doctors
Teachers
Telephone/cable/internet installers
sorry to say even
priest
ministers
rabbis

I'm sure this list is incomplete.(feel free to expand the list)

Guns+humor= no guns

Status
Not open for further replies.