What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are you prepared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J0sh1

Veteran
Excellent topic threadstarter even though it doesn't affect me directly (I don't live in the USA) I still found it very informative.

Self Sustainance is the way to fly people, take it from from a person who walks the talk. There is nothing more satifying in this world than not having to be worried about having to pay any bills/mortage/utilities. My only bills are my internet provider a P.O. Box and a $250 I spend each month on groceries. My cabin was built with plans straight out of Mother Earth News for under $4,000. I harvest my energy from the sun/wind, I drilled an aquifer that runs underneath my property for water and I cultivate a lot of stuff I eat (Im vegan). I have a solar oven and a home-made brick oven (You haven't tasted a pizza till you try it on a wood burning brick oven).

genkisan I can tell you are the kind of person that would understand this type of living style, good luck on your proyect. :wave:

Nikijad4210

Veteran
"All good things must come to an end."

This country's had a good run with prosperity, and it's damn near gone bust a couple of times already. Sooner or later, just like other great empires of history, the US & like powers'll collapse into history with the rest of them.

You know the old phrase, "When in Rome......"
Well, Rome was prosperous as fuck. But it buckled under, too.

History always repeats itself.

BACKCOUNTRY

Mourning the loss of my dog......
Veteran
bunti said:
It has been Armageddon tomorrow for ohhh just a few years now?...I find it better to be in the light:)
Yes, ignorance is bliss.

Its been armagedon tomarrow since they invented the Nuclear bomb.

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
J0sh1 said:
Excellent topic threadstarter even though it doesn't affect me directly (I don't live in the USA) I still found it very informative.
Why would it not affect you? You live on planet earth right?

G

Personally I'm glad alot of people think it's crazy; I know they'll be no competition. Being prepared isn't crazy, thinkin you'll get any help when the shit hits the fan is crazy, tryin to steal any of my supplies is crazy. Oh well!

J.

ngakpa

Veteran
BACKCOUNTRY said:
Yes, ignorance is bliss.

Its been armagedon tomarrow since they invented the Nuclear bomb.

Yep, sadly I've got to agree with you there Backcountry - once we've gone down the nuclear route, we've gone down the nuclear route

Riddley Walker says it all

and I remember reading "Surely you're joking Mr. Feynman?" when - after years of working at Los Alamos on the atomic bomb - they had finally completed the project, and Feynman came to a sudden realisation of the full implications of what they had created

http://www.feynman.com/

Last edited:
G

Nikijad4210 said:
"All good things must come to an end."

This country's had a good run with prosperity, and it's damn near gone bust a couple of times already. Sooner or later, just like other great empires of history, the US & like powers'll collapse into history with the rest of them.

You know the old phrase, "When in Rome......"
Well, Rome was prosperous as fuck. But it buckled under, too.

History always repeats itself.
Yes it does. Thats why I stock info, food, ect. I have detailed maps of my 3 county area which includes all mineshafts.
It won't even take nukes to destroy this country. Just let the dollar fail and this country will turn on itself like cancer...
When that happens is when I start living as man was intended to live on Earth.

G

We may be paranoid - but semper paratus

Funny thing, the paranoid are always mocked until shit happens and they're proven right. Then the mockers always come running for that weird paranoid guy to save them.....only to find themselves looking down a barrel of a gun.

Doesn't take much to turn the civillized into animals - remember Katrina?

Nikijad4210

Veteran
Doesn't take much to turn the civillized into animals - remember Katrina?
Good point. It's also a good example of why you should never rely on the government to help you---It ain't gonna happen.

LIMELIGHT

this ones right up my alley,,,i got bubblebags and canned corn, enough thc and ip6 to sustain......for a bit....

NOKUY

Veteran
I'm so glad that most of you are with me on this stuff! I try and talk about these things w/ peeps that I know, and most think it's loonie, or if they dont, they just dont think about it enough to wanna chat about it. ...not that I give a shit, I just dont have the right peeps around to bounce thoughts off of.

"seapebble" awesome additional points ya made bro!

I just really hope I'm back in Alaska before I need to be, not that it's the most safe place on earth w/ the trans-alaska pipeline being a large target, but I think the AK bush is about as safe as anywhere.

Genkisan has a great plan too. I was standing on an Island on Reindeer Lake Sask. when I was a little kid, talking to a native family that lived there in a small cabin and thats when I knew that society wasn't for me, and that I could live off the land in the woods just the way the natives were there...These people had it all, and they had no money, and they were happier and more content than anyone I ever met. I seriously did not wanna ever leave that place. This is about the same area that "genkisan" is speaking of (I believe). I know they aren't worried about any of this crap, they already do everything to take care of themselves.

The thing thats gonna be really hard for peeps when the shit hits the fan is that only a few of us will actually be ready and in practice when its necessary.
Things will be lots easier for us that already are self-subsistant by choice....I sure wouldent wanna be someone that is not used to it to have to pull it out their ass at the last minute. Desperation will turn to violence real fast.... "animals" as previously mentioned. (a BIG reason to stockpile ammo and have re-loading capabilites..I dont think you can have enough ammo)

Yummy...don't worry about it bro. I know you think were all paranoid. You probably won't see much of it unless your lucky tho. Trust me The weak won't suffer for long son.

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
yukon, hello

i asked you because some people say that in 2012 many different sort of things will happen, because in the mayan calendar, the 'end of times' is going to happen according our modern day calendar in 2012. this 'end of times' is interpreted in many various ways.

peace

genkisan

Cannabrex Formulator
Veteran
Yukon, Saskatchewan is about 1000 KM or more form where I wanna be.

Google the Canadian Shield, or Algonquin Park.....I wanna be within a 2 hour drive of the park.

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
Can you guys grow crops in Alaska and the Canadian shield, or are you planning on hunting, fishing, and ranching for food?

V

vonforne

I'm so glad that most of you are with me on this stuff! I try and talk about these things w/ peeps that I know, and most think it's loonie, or if they dont, they just dont think about it enough to wanna chat about it. ...not that I give a shit, I just dont have the right peeps around to bounce thoughts off of.

I know what you mean. I'm ex-military and I keep all kinds of stuff around ....organized. I come from a farming and livestock community. I even have these three books that cover about everything. Herbs for remedies, what and how to make just about everything. It is called Foxfire and it was written by these Tennessee hillbillys. I have had those for years and this friend of mine wants to get out and start living like this. Which is good by me but when we tell people, some start to laugh right away.

genkisan

Cannabrex Formulator
Veteran
BACKCOUNTRY said:
Can you guys grow crops in Alaska and the Canadian shield, or are you planning on hunting, fishing, and ranching for food?

In Ontario where I wanna be, you can do plenty of summer farming, and with good infrastructure (decent greenhouses - http://www.geodesic-greenhouse-kits.com/) you can be feeding yourself year round.

It aint the North Pole laddie.......

NOKUY

Veteran
BACKCOUNTRY said:

you can def. grow crops in Alaska....most of the world record vegetables come from Alaska (midnight sun baby)

Canadian shield I'm sure too

genkisan I checked out algonquin park on wikipedia...very very nice area. I've not been that far east in canada, but it looks awesome!!!

here is a link for other people looking for info on the area:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algonquin_Park

"Vonforne" we'll def. be the ones w/ the last laugh bro! :wave:
Shit aint gonna be so funny when there aint no other choice.

BACKCOUNTRY

Veteran
genkisan said:
It aint the North Pole laddie.......
Oh! I know that of course! I'm not that ignorant, I'm well aware of the moster vegetables grown in Alaska each year.

More I was interested in whether the two of you were interested in crop farming for food, or if your plans would be to subsist mostly on Animal protein, living off the land would be difficult here compared to Canada and Alaska, so most of my plans are based on growing non-Grain staple crops like Potatoes and Fava beans.

NOKUY

Veteran
I def. plan to do as much crop farming as necessary, and LOTS of canning, veggies, fruits and meat. A well rounded diet is important.

I havent yet researched soybean cultivation in Alaska, but I would like to do that or a sim. crop for my bio-diesel.

Not only could this be crucial in our near future but I think we friggin owe it to our anscestors that we learn to grow crops....its fucked up we learned the land so well then just forgot like a flick of a swith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts