What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How does medical marijuana help the elderly feel better?

parkerharry

informenter-marker-1.png

Dog Star

Veteran
Yep... elderly know to be a bitter and its a logical thing Cannabis will improve their
performance and they will sees a World in much brighter light,more laughs leads
to more personal happyness and vice versa..

so its definitly therapeutical as that plant will control amount of negativity this
individues usually perform to outside World.. ;D LOL

Am joke a bit.. but then again i will say it made me better man,as whithouth weed
am become unbearable person.. like a grumpy old man or pregnant woman..
too much issues.. while cannabis put me in balance.. but not all strains..

you need to sees do you will favor more sativas or you have appetite for indicas..

Also what kind of medical problems bother you and why you wish in first place to
use Cannabis???

food tastes better
music sounds better
sleep quality improved

the list goes on and on but is mostly strain specific, ask if you have a particular ailment or mental disposition and a marijuana somolier worth their salt can point you in the right direction

Cadfael

From Boondocks:

"I looked up Grandpa's side effects of his medication. But none of them list happier and well adjusted."

White Beard

When I’m “cannabis-free”, my joints stiffen up, making me slower, and moving is painful, making me grumpy. More of my attention is directed at ‘not hurting’ and I become much less comfortable and much less active. NSAIDs do very little to help me with any of that.

With cannabis, those are barely even considerations - much less, limits; my energy and attention aren’t drained coping with the many signals of bodily unhappiness, so I’m in a better mood, move more fluidly, and have “more spoons”.

Without cannabis, yoga is an uphill battle against my body, I’m poor company, and I get annoyed easily. With cannabis, yoga is a real pleasure, I’m *much* better company, and I laugh easily.

Without cannabis, I’m beset by “the thousand ills that flesh is heir to,” and with it, I am free of those ills, I take things in stride easily, and I’m much more ‘available’.

White Beard

Yep... elderly know to be a bitter and its a logical thing Cannabis will improve their
performance and they will sees a World in much brighter light,more laughs leads
to more personal happyness and vice versa..

so its definitly therapeutical as that plant will control amount of negativity this
individues usually perform to outside World.. ;D LOL

Am joke a bit.. but then again i will say it made me better man,as whithouth weed
am become unbearable person.. like a grumpy old man or pregnant woman..
too much issues.. while cannabis put me in balance.. but not all strains..

you need to sees do you will favor more sativas or you have appetite for indicas..

Also what kind of medical problems bother you and why you wish in first place to
use Cannabis???

Why do I wish to use cannabis in the first place? It was not for medical reasons, but for discovery and adventure, followed by general enjoyment, general improvement of mood, of interaction, of thought.

I never gave it a thought as a medicine until my supply chain went dry 20 years ago...and after a couple months, I was in chronic pain, short-tempered from the pain and from the accumulated lack of flexibility. I became less agreeable to myself and to others. Very eye-opening.

Currently without for two months, and all this is quite fresh for me....

To original poster, CBD marijuana strains are also very useful and provide a very pleasant experience that relieves pressure on the joints, stress and improves cognitive function.
Widely available in the United States in the form of oil or flower via the internet, but also in most major cities at a CBD or hemp dispensary. Good luck friend.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The same way it makes young people feel better. Mostly in the mind but some body depending on strain. If you are stuck in a rut mentally, it tends to kick you out of it. Sativa more than indica in my view.

Takes you away from the mundane and boring and into a fresher view of things looking at things outside yourself more.

Latest posts

Latest posts