What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Picking out a green house for SoCal

Hi all,
I am going to be purchasing my first greenhouse soon. I have been doing some research and will be purchasing a greenhouse from either Rion or Grandio.

I have space for a greenhouse that is 8'6" x 12'7". What I am trying to decide on is whether I should go with thinner or thicker polycarbonate ie. 4, 6 or 10mm in Southern California by the coast. I understand that 10mm insulates better for winter growing (and keeps it cooler during the summer months?) but I feel like that may be overkill for where I am on the coast.

I also can't decide between opaque or clear polycarbonate. The Rion Prestige comes with 4mm all around with opaque panels on the roof and clear on the sides. The Rion Green Giant comes with 6mm on the sides and 4mm on the roof with opaque panels all around. The Grandio's come with either 6mm or 10mm opaque all around however, I don't like the apex design on the 6mm Grandio so I am leaning more towards either of the Rion greenhouses.

Any suggestions? Thanks for reading.