What's new

Car lights & greenhouse flowering

Old Dirty

I think I have a small/large problem. The greenhouse is located about 250-300 yard from a highway. At night when I'm out working I notice varying degrees of light from cars, trucks & tractor trailers. It's not directly hitting the plant but it does light up that area a little bit. I have a shade cloth over the green house. When I'm inside the GH, I can see vary faint car lights. Will this mess with the flower cycle? I'm gonna put paneling on the wall face the highway to block the lights. I've been covering the GH at night to avoid possible light throwing of the cycle. I starting worrying about 5 days ago when the ladies didn't seem to be where I thought they should be. Since tarp they look like they are really starting go into full flower, bud set. I would really like to not have to tarp till harvest if I don't have to. I notice lots of garden near roads in Oregon. Someone most know? Thanks for any info. Happy growing....OD

Please tell me I'm overreacting.

Diggaz

Overreacting I think, full moon is fairly bright too. If you do decide to do sometimg you would only have to do it to the side of gh that is faceing road.

Old Dirty

Thanks for your response. I'm trying not to learn the hard way. I've been growing for about 26 yrs. This is my first greenhouse , so this is a new adventure in our wonderful world of flowers. I would love to hear what other outdoor/greenhouse farmers think? Thanks again

Diggaz

250-300 yards away is a good nick for car headligts mang. been growing od for over 10 years not much gh ex but some. Maybe someone with a high post count will put your mind at peace,lol.

Good Luck on the grow................