What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

white corrugated greenhouse roofing.questions

caliprop215

Veteran
Hey everyone!ineeda little advice fromall you greenhoise growers. I have about a 100 sq ft spot that needs a roof.

Ive been to home depot and Lowes. I can not have see through panels because people upthe hill would be able to see into my greenhouse.so im thinking white or green. I dont know if this will let sufficient light through the panels for the plants????!please if u have any input please let me know!

Anyone know the light transmission for these panels?

Do any of u use the white panels? Do the plants get enough light?

I assume if light transmision is 75%.i woild lose 25% of crop just because its not getting as mich light as the sun. Woild give off?

Thanks and good luck to all the fellow growers this summer!

igrowkushbitch

I bought my plastic from home depot and its completely clear. They should have around 90% clear corrugated plastic. I got mine in 20 foot sections. Not cheap though.

picture.php

caliprop215

Veteran
Those plants look great same with the green house! 20 ft section the longest they had was 12 ft at all the stores i went to...those are like 33 for the white polycarbonate. I cant use clear if i did people would se and steal everything. You know the light transmission for the white?

EsterEssence

Veteran
Get the clear, some cheap white paint dilute it around 50% and fog the clear panels. Make sure you get the uv treated panels...

catbuds

If somebody wants pot plants, they'll break into any greenhouse just to see if you have any! I have the double layer poly on mine, & it's milky, can't see through it, but they break into it every year anyway. Last time, no plants. Not even a tomato. But they broke the door off the hinges just incase they'd get lucky. "Oh we didn't steel them! We found them growing wild! Honest!!" (Guess that's why it looks like my pruning method & my hand painted pots)! I just love me some thieves! They make really good dog food! :D
- The lime water method is best. You can hose & scrub that off should you feel the need. If your paint is too opake (sp) once its dry, just try getting that off. Actually, you could just sand it & make it hazey. :)

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i use clear tarp (over my dog kennel greenhouse)
WORKS GREAT!!!!!
diffuses the stuff people can see in and lets in plenty light
and keeps the rain off too
http://www.tarpaflex.com/acatalog/clear-poly-tarps.html

i had previously used the clear panels.... they were okay but I didn't engineer the roof properly for them. I am not much of a builder hahaha
good luck

aloha

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I use the white polycarb panels from lowes-- Here are results from my house--

And here is the big grow-- Been using this for like 8 years now, works great!! You do have to change them every 2 years tho, as they get burned from the sun--:tiphat:

Pangea

Veteran
Dynaglas SolarSoft 85 is the pro standard for diffuse, corrugated panels. Greenhousemegastore sells it online for a good price, or get it from you local greenhouse mfg, most of them offer it.

T

The_Core

Are the side panels solarsoft 85? They look like white metal panels from the picture.

Latest posts

Latest posts