What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1872 sq ft Test Green House

Not sure how many times I want to run it yet. Also, some update pics... 7 days away from flip if I stay on schedule

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ACT Recipes

ACT Recipes

Okay so I thought I'd post some information on what I've been feeding.

We started off by inoculating the roots with Azospirillum bacteria and glomus intradices fungus. This was done when they came out of the cloner and again when they were transplanted from 1gallon to 100 gallon pots using Xtreme gardening products Azos and I can't remember the brand name for the fungus.

What follows are my two veg ACT recipes. These are brewed once a week in a 300 gallon water tote using a 120lpm air pump. I also have bloom recipes but I'm going to run chemical nutes + intermittent ACT during flower. I stole the original base recipe from here: http://forum.grasscity.com/introduce-yourself/718389-organic-guano-tea-recipe-spaceship-farmer.html. I've made a lot of adjustments after reading books, testing different additives and etc.

Anyone else using ACT? How big are your batches and how big of an air pump do you use?

Tea Recipe - Veg 1 (100 gallons) ROOTS40 cups VermiBlend (~2.38% see microbeorganics.com)6.25 cups unsulfurred molasses (should be 8.75 cups but we get some with the alfalfa, ~0.5% see microbeorganics.com)3.75 cups soluble Kelp (1-0-8?) (0.25% MAX see microbeorganics.com)6.75 cups High-N Mexican Bat Guano (9-3-1)2 cups Azomite10 cups alfalfa meal (~0.25% see microbeorganics.com)0.5 cup Pure Black Humic AcidActivated Bokashi (varying quantity, use to adjust ph to 6.5) ADD AFTER BREWING IS COMPLETE100 gallons well H2O
Tea Recipe - Veg 2 (100 gallons) ROOTS40 cups VermiBlend (~2.38% see microbeorganics.com)6.25 cups unsulfurred molasses (should be 8.75 cups but we get some with the alfalfa, ~0.5% see microbeorganics.com)3.75 cups soluble Kelp (1-0-8?) (0.25% MAX see microbeorganics.com)6.75 cups High-N Mexican Bat Guano (9-3-1)2 cups Azomite10 cups alfalfa meal (~0.25% see microbeorganics.com)0.5 cup Pure Black Humic Acid6.75 cups Peruvian Sea Bird Guano (12-11-2)3.75 cups Neptunes Harvest FIsh Fertilizer (2-4-1) (~0.063% see microbeorganics.com, apparently we use too much, fuck em)Activated Bokashi (varying quantity, use to adjust ph to 6.5) ADD AFTER BREWING IS COMPLETE100 gallons well H2O

Trying to post the recipes again in a readable format. The thing butchered it last time.

Tea Recipe - Veg 1 (100 gallons) ROOTS
40 cups VermiBlend (~2.38% see microbeorganics.com)
6.25 cups unsulfurred molasses (should be 8.75 cups but we get some with the alfalfa, ~0.5% see microbeorganics.com)
3.75 cups soluble Kelp (1-0-8?) (0.25% MAX see microbeorganics.com)
6.75 cups High-N Mexican Bat Guano (9-3-1)
2 cups Azomite
10 cups alfalfa meal (~0.25% see microbeorganics.com)
0.5 cup Pure Black Humic Acid
Activated Bokashi (varying quantity, use to adjust ph to 6.5) ADD AFTER BREWING IS COMPLETE
100 gallons well H2O

Tea Recipe - Veg 2 (100 gallons) ROOTS
40 cups VermiBlend (~2.38% see microbeorganics.com)
6.25 cups unsulfurred molasses (should be 8.75 cups but we get some with the alfalfa, ~0.5% see microbeorganics.com)
3.75 cups soluble Kelp (1-0-8?) (0.25% MAX see microbeorganics.com)
6.75 cups High-N Mexican Bat Guano (9-3-1)
2 cups Azomite
10 cups alfalfa meal (~0.25% see microbeorganics.com)
0.5 cup Pure Black Humic Acid
6.75 cups Peruvian Sea Bird Guano (12-11-2)
3.75 cups Neptunes Harvest FIsh Fertilizer (2-4-1) (~0.063% see microbeorganics.com, apparently we use too much, fuck em)
Activated Bokashi (varying quantity, use to adjust ph to 6.5) ADD AFTER BREWING IS COMPLETE
100 gallons well H2O

Okay last post today, I swear! I thought other greenhouse growers might be interested to see these. They're my blackout setup. They are the pieces I had made that will be attached (3 on each end) to the end of the greenhouse then a cable will be strung between them under tension and a curtain hung from the cable on either side of the gh.

picture.php

Looks good .

Wondering why you have the lights hung so high ? id be scared to go past 3ft mark without feeling like i was wasting the light/power .

Are you gonna use tomato cages to support all of those ? Trellis and wooden stakes are easier to use and to store at the end of the season :2cents:

Hello Blue Berry,

About the lights....

The lights are hung at that height for a couple reasons. One being I only have 12KW to cover 1872 sq ft so I need a 12.5'x12.5' footprint out of every light. The other reason is we're planning on growing these to about 5'-6' tall so the lights are mounted to allow them to get that big.

Raising up your lights does not reduce the amount of light they put out, it's just more spread out. As a result lights can be hung at any height and be equally effective if they overlap with many other lights. This is why in some large commercial greenhouses you'll see lights mounted 15' in the air but 5' apart from each other. You improve canopy coverage by allowing many lamps to overlap rather than depend on one to cover ie a 5'x5' area.

About the cages....

We use 5 foot tall steel deer fencing to support them. The type with smaller squares at the bottom and bigger ones at the top.

I've used the hortanova white plastic trellis numerous times in the past. In fact last run in the GH I used cables under tension with the white plastic trellis attached. I also did an outdoor using T posts, rebar and the white trellis. I simply prefer something more robust. Also stepping in discarded trellis makes me want to kill someone.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
I highly recommend supporting the fencing your using with some rebar or stakes, I've has it crumple on me! It sucked so bad!

Are you mounting that on the outside or inside?

I'm setting up an automated black out system ..I'll show you when I get it built

Your plants look great I can't wait to see how this works out for you

theJointedOne

Veteran
Okay last post today, I swear! I thought other greenhouse growers might be interested to see these. They're my blackout setup. They are the pieces I had made that will be attached (3 on each end) to the end of the greenhouse then a cable will be strung between them under tension and a curtain hung from the cable on either side of the gh.

View Image

sick, thanks for sharing

Morcheeba*

Veteran
Stress Case,

thx for sharing you G/H grow with us and ive been looking at FarmTek G/H so the instruction info not being the best is good to know, im leaning toward the Vent master 21.

peace

I highly recommend supporting the fencing your using with some rebar or stakes, I've has it crumple on me! It sucked so bad!

Are you mounting that on the outside or inside?

I'm setting up an automated black out system ..I'll show you when I get it built

Your plants look great I can't wait to see how this works out for you

Hey Backyard Farmer,

The cages seem like you could tie a 5lbs dumb bell on either side and not hurt anything. They bottom 2ft is wrapped pretty tightly around the 100gal pot. We will have to wait a couple months and see if I eat my words :)

Those pieces get hung on the outside of the GH. The reason being the closer we get to summer keeping heat out becomes a huge issue. It won't be automated but it'll be relatively easy for a single person to do and reliable I think. I will post pics when they get installed this week.

Also thanks for the well wishes! :tiphat:

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
It was just my experience. My garden is outdoor on the river bank, it's awfully windy. I'm sure that had a lot to do with it.

Can't wait to share my black out set up with you and see what you think

I just hate pulling tarp and having that set schedule makes it hard to have a life. I've been a slave for these plants for a long time , this year I want to spend a little money to have a more comfortable season ... Big up for your efforts

Stress Case,

thx for sharing you G/H grow with us and ive been looking at FarmTek G/H so the instruction info not being the best is good to know, im leaning toward the Vent master 21.

peace

Glad you're enjoying the grow log!

Ya the instructions really do suck. Many of the pictures are not of the greenhouse you're actually getting/building and many of the written steps are incomplete. The one thing I will say is the staff is super helpful. They screwed up and sold me incompatible vents for my GH and were totally willing to replace them at no cost. They were also fast to ship additional missing pieces.

Could you link the GH you're looking at? I can't find anything called "vent master" on the FarmTek site.

And some update pics! We decided to wait a week to go into flower to let the purples fill out a bit more. The blue dreams are really ready now. I also included a few pics of the under-performers in the group so everyone can get a feel for the deviation in size among the group.

One of my favorite Cadillac Purples...
picture.php

Under performing Cadillac Purple...
picture.php

Under performing Cadillac Purple...
picture.php

Front to back... Pot of Gold -> Super Blue Dream -> Cadillac Purple
picture.php

Front to back... Pot of Gold -> Super Blue Dream -> Cadillac Purple
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts