What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RIP "no" vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
I voted (not that there really was a vote for it) to keep it, but to make it visible cause of those cock smokers who go around neg repping ppl who don't deserve it, but some of you are really taking it too seriously and reaching here. Like the only way to to separate bad info from good is the helpful/unhelpful thingy, c'mon now hey. You just can't please all the ppl all the time. Some of you need to pick your undies from your butt cracks and smoke some to mellow out or sumtin. I do however think it should be brought back, way too facebookish if you only get to like stuff. However, it's not the end of the world, the end of the world as we know it, should it stay a goner.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
I voted (not that there really was a vote for it) to keep it, but to make it visible cause of those cock smokers who go around neg repping ppl who don't deserve it, but some of you are really taking it too seriously and reaching here. Like the only way to to separate bad info from good is the helpful/unhelpful thingy, c'mon now hey. You just can't please all the ppl all the time. Some of you need to pick your undies from your butt cracks and smoke some to mellow out or sumtin. I do however think it should be brought back, way too facebookish if you only get to like stuff. However, it's not the end of the world, the end of the world as we know it, should it stay a goner.
^^^^ yeah that^^^^
And will some one get my trolls a Midal??? Just because I can't hear them, does not mean they are not weepin:huggg:

mowood3479

Veteran
Ill second that notion hl45... I tried to neg rep that post using the scales but it wasnt working.
Ill never understand peoples need to conduct ad hominum arguments over the internet.

L

Luther Burbank

There're a couple people in here claiming they have trolls when in reality they just make stupid posts and don't like being called out on it.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
There're a couple people in here claiming they have trolls when in reality they just make stupid posts and don't like being called out on it.

There are people who follow others around and downvote posts which have nothing in them to merit such a vote. I've been negged on plenty of posts that have "Deserved it", usually matters of opinion, but I have also had posts that had nothing objectionable in them, that were negged for no reason.
All I wanted was to know who is downvoting, because shouting wanker whilst hiding behind a wall is weak sauce, and that's what using the anon not helpful button was.

To my mind, in order to "call someone out", you have to a) identify yourself, and b) specify what you are objecting to, otherwise, you are nothing more than a random heckler in the crowd mindlessly shouting "Bollocks".

L

Luther Burbank

I'm sure that's true of some posters - but in the case of stihgonbevoli and paladin420, it's because they make dumb posts and then brush the unhelpfuls off as trolls.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
one time someone dissed me in my own thread and 15 or 20 people had my back and clicked the 'no it was not helpful'. Now it just says 4 people found it helpful. LOL

That's seriously hilarious ... the no vote was a good barometer for "having peeps back", like i said it would be absolutely hilarious to see all the super downvoted posts..... also that DJXX thread ("please get rid of this") had some hilarious casual downvoting going on in it... now they all just say a few found it helpful.

siftedunity

cant re Member
Veteran
Basically the upshot is that peoples feeling got hurt by neg reps so it had to be done away with.
I thought it was quite interesting when the site layout changed and people complained.
We should get a poll on these changes. At least then it wouldnt be small majority of saps dictating things for everyone else..
We have poll options on this site. Ask yourself why this wasnt put to a vote or any other recent change?

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Like Skip said & many others .... it was so the trolls can't hide anymore . there have been a ton of meaningless unhelpful votes on posts that had absolutely NO REASON to be voted on that way except to give the troll a sense of accomplishment . the negative rep is still working by using the scales on the bottom left side of the page . it was just way to easy for any asshat to give a unhelpful vote instead of giving a negative rep & having to stand up & say why if asked .

you guys are making way to much out of this . it is just a lazy troll deterent ... thats all !!!
you can still give good or bad reps just like always .... but now your handle is going to appear on the rep page instead of being hidden .

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is exactly what I was thinking. I used this to sort the loads of bad grow info from the good grow info. This site is one of the best but the info is far from 100%, now you really can't tell.

So did I .... but it has gone so far passed that now with unhelpful's votes on good posts so that trolls can get their rocks off by bashing someone . that something had to be done . i didn't think the unhelpfull would be taken away ... i was happy when it showed on your rep page who gave you bad reps or unhelpful votes . it being taken away was kind of a surprise , but i can see why now & i agree with it & i'm glad its gone .

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
So did I .... but it has gone so far passed that now with unhelpful's votes on good posts so that trolls can get their rocks off by bashing someone . that something had to be done . i didn't think the unhelpfull would be taken away ... i was happy when it showed on your rep page who gave you bad reps or unhelpful votes . it being taken away was kind of a surprise , but i can see why now & i agree with it & i'm glad its gone .

I think it would have been better to ;eave the unhelpful button in place, but remove the anonymity so that it showed up in "My IC" the same as a helpful did, and also, to just disable the rep in all but the growing forums. Nobody needs to know how many people found my posting of the gospel of supply side jesus, or someones posting of dogs, helpful/unhelpful, but it is useful for newbs in the growing forums.

I dunno, we're never happy eh Skip:biggrin:

non

Veteran
about the scales..i was just wondering since i only have " i agree" option there. now i don't desire to neg rep anyone but is this something for the new accounts only?

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
I think it would have been better to ;eave the unhelpful button in place, but remove the anonymity so that it showed up in "My IC" the same as a helpful did, and also, to just disable the rep in all but the growing forums. Nobody needs to know how many people found my posting of the gospel of supply side jesus, or someones posting of dogs, helpful/unhelpful, but it is useful for newbs in the growing forums.

I dunno, we're never happy eh Skip:biggrin:

You mean exactly like it was when the yes/no feature first started!?! Gee how novel that would be. To have something function the way it was designed...

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
I'm sure that's true of some posters - but in the case of stihgonbevoli and paladin420, it's because they make dumb posts and then brush the unhelpfuls off as trolls.
actually I very rarely got "unhelpful's" nor Hav I ever given some..... Person... Who can't speak up any thought. Trolls are much more fun.
You don't like me? Fine. I'll try to survive. ;)

Snypette

Veteran
already i am missing the neg rep! Some sexist joke of an IC member is just bashing woman. I would of just neg repped it but couldn't so i said something. Now the thread is a complete shit show with the guy nit picking my words and now completely insulting me on a bunch of false information that he pulled out of his ass.

LOL. never gets old here!

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
snypette ... then report him if he's abusive & he will be warned or banned if hes that bad or just put him on your ignore list & you'll never see his posts again . there are ways around these assholes ... ya just have to use them . thats what alot of these changes are for is to weed out & get rid of the abusers of the system .... the real assholes that need to be shut down or stopped , not the people willing to talk out missunderstandings or differences in opinion .

Status
Not open for further replies.