What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Plants got 7:45 hours light in my dark period?and high heat,are they gonna hermies?

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hiya sweetestsin,,i think as long as the strain/genetics you are growing is stable,,you should be okay,,just keep a close eye on them and anything nasty pops up remove it before it has a chance to do any damage,,but good genetics and you should be okay,,good luck,,peace and regards s2

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
So your plants got seventeen hours and forty five minutes of light, plus the time you took to examine every one of them. What your plants need now is at least twelve hours of uninterrupted darkness. Hopefully they are in the dark now.

If you want to keep the same lighting schedule with lights on at 10 AM and off at 8 PM then leave them in the dark tonight so that they have time to re-accumulate the flowering hormones. Then start them on your schedule the next day.

myiqis55

So your plants got seventeen hours and forty five minutes of light, plus the time you took to examine every one of them. What your plants need now is at least twelve hours of uninterrupted darkness. Hopefully they are in the dark now.

If you want to keep the same lighting schedule with lights on at 10 AM and off at 8 PM then leave them in the dark tonight so that they have time to re-accumulate the flowering hormones. Then start them on your schedule the next day.

Im not so sure about this... or the way you said it was confusing. I would just set the timer like you had it. Let the plants fall back into the normal routine

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
get ur plants back on their 12/12 light cycle and leave them there, avoiding another interruption like this one at all costs.

as far as hermies go.... there is really no tellin when where or how they will express themselves or whether or not they will at all (that is more dependent on your varieities you are growing) know anyone w exp w ur strains? talk to them about "stability" also like fred told ya, seed plants herm worse or more readily than clones of stable varieties.

but dont sweat the hermies sweet....
even bud w seeds in it that you grew yourself is waaaay better than using black market vibes for your buds, just the good vibes of your love and energy in them, so what if u gotta pick some seeds out? not ideal i know but live w it.

most importantly.... wtf caused this? fix that, have a backup ready at all times.... im guessing timer(s) don't let it happen again.....

W

w.wonka

Nothing will happen.. Have had this happen over the yrs. Just keep them on the same cycle and avoid this from happening again.. Make sure u got those timers working properly the next day or so..

w.wonka

teemu shalanie

WeeDGamE StannisBaratheoN
Veteran
If I wuz u I would be bloomin at 12/12 , also maybe have a small check list to prevent brain farts like thoe from happening , we have all done it forgot to plug in a timer /light /pump , I like to double check everything is running b4 I leave the grow for th night

TS

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nahhh . don't trash it ...we all have a few F'ups every now & then ... after all we are stoners :biggrin:
Like it was said .... even if it did hermie ... just keep an eye out & pluck'em as ya see'em . a few seeds in a couple buds ain't the end of the world girl !!! if anything & ya do get a few seeds... save them & grow them out . :tiphat:

Puffaluffagus

Veteran
You need to put the chicken in with them for one hour after lights out, then they will be fine;)

Just get back to your normal schedule, one interruption won't hurt them

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
avinash thank you,you know i have my plants on 10/14 right?do you mean change back to 12/12,today?even after last night?will that cuase even more stress?

i planned on switching back to 12/12 in a week or so?what do you reccomend,uggh todays not my day..

and avinash it wasnt a timer,im so stupid,sometimes i fuck with the light's cord,and i unplug it from the timer,for whatever reason,same with the a.c,well i left the a.c on the timer,but left the light cord on the extension without the timer on it,uggh,so stupid of me man,im so upset

this shit happened cus i havnt been sleeping for like a week,iv been out of it man,now this shit's gonna keep me up too,fucking worrying about hermies and stalling blooming,i really felt like just trashing the whole damn grow right now,aaah!@!!!!!

ya i kno @ ur funky ass lite schedule :)
didnt mean to tell ya to go back to 12 12..... that's up to u, but it's how cannabis grows best, tried and true thru time.....

get sum sleep lady, get ur head back in the game.... once shit is setup and working well, dont touch it, that's my2c..... it it aint broke dont fix it, dont even touch it.

dont trash anything,dont get carried away
i hate to say it like this, and please only take the following advice as an opinion, please by all means, continue to experiment if that's what you really want to do.... here goes:

quit tinkering.
unless you are ok w trashing your entire garden, experimentation is putting everything u r doing in potential jeopardy...
only experiment in a setting that you are prepared to sacrifice entirely, with NO bad feelings at all.
"there's no success like failure, and failure is no success at all" -bob dylan

this is a quote my dad would always tell me as a kid when i was havn a tough time for whatever reason, he explained to me that making mistakes and failing is the best learrning experience you can possibly have, and that in itself is a success.... so potentially thru failure, you succeed, altho failure is no success at all.....
that's the idea behind experimentation right there
you gotta be ready to fail in order to learn, if the failure itself gets you all emotional and pissed that you failed, lost your plants, the work that went into it.... those emotions will block your ability to LEARN from the experience.
stop worrying about the results and enjoy the grow, problems and all, learn from your mistakes AND your accomplished results...

quit experimenting
keep it simple, like K.I.S.S.SS420 get it? less is more.
go w tried and true methods that work for multiple users, use industry standards, dont try to re-invent the wheel, someone already did that a long time ago, and that is why we do things the way we do now.

gyntwaiser

Hahaha sounds pretty usual.
Cant rlly tell what happens, if it happened to me id jst keep light cycle same.

1# Why you hav ac off at "night"? I usaly keep ventilation on alltimes.
2# You can get contactor so u wnt burn timers, timers tend to pop when light goes off.
3# U seemto stress more then plants.

What comes to budding, are you sure they get min of 12dark? Do u hav light leaks?
I usaly keep mine 11,5/12,5 hours or sum like tht, jst to make sure they get that 12dark time.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hiya sweetestsin,,,feel for you sweetheart but tommorows a new day and i really hope you feel better and nothing wrong with screaming into pillows,,where would pyschotherapists be without people punching out pillows and cushions lol,,your plants gonna be fine,,you roll a big fat one luv and put on some tunes or a nice dvd,,all will be well,,,peace and regards s2:tiphat:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i've spent all morning today re-training plants and plucking scorched leaves off my twisted towers that tipped into the "sun"....

have u seen that fukn experiment? im fully prepared for it to fail if need be....
but not expecting that at all,

bumps in the road... little ones in the big picture.

Latest posts

Latest posts