What's new

Useless shit the hydro shop gives me for free...

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It seems like the guys are always giving me free stuff, very little of it have I ever used. Check out this lovely I got after hauling up 200 bucks worth of dirt and amendments all the while advocating my hand watered water only soil method.

N-P-K 1-2-0

i1gncw.jpg

So I get home and check it out, I'm always open minded to learn.

"On a weekly basis add 1 filter bag to soak per 40 gallons"

Ok then... :wallbash:

Only interesting thing I found is it contains bacillus subtillis.

Here is a breakdown of it: http://apps4.cdfa.ca.gov/fertilizerproducts/default.aspx

Looks like there is nothing in it pretty much cept the bacteria.
I am reading up on it now. Thing is I sure will never use it, I don't do hydro and sure dont have a 40 gallon res sittin around. lol

I have some more but I was curious if anyone else has any stories like this to share?

I'll update if I find any good reading about the bacteria...

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Bummer for you...recently, my Hydro shop had a "Customer Appreciation Day"...they had Reps from several companies handing out freebies...plus they had beer....(went though 3 kegs)....I was there all day!! Lol!!

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Bummer for you...recently, my Hydro shop had a "Customer Appreciation Day"...they had Reps from several companies handing out freebies...plus they had beer....(went though 3 kegs)....I was there all day!! Lol!!

See... this is what I like to see. :)

Every hydro shop in colorado should be doing community outreach programs to teach folks how to grow. I don't see that around here yet. Dangit! :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

p.s. Yeah.. I've got two bottles of hygrozyme and some plant clips now *shrug* No use for any of it.

ClackamasCootz

Expired
Veteran

cravin morehead

Veteran
i don't buy too much from my local shop. but usually if i'm buying my nutes, i'll put them on the counter and the owner will go and dig up free samples of the same stuff iwas buying and just give them to me. or a had a cheap digi ballast take a crap on me. i took it in, they loaned me a replacement ballast while they were getting mine replaced by the manufacturer. like i said, i don't buy too much, but i do all of my hydro store shopping there. the only place i use locally, been that way for years now. maybe its because i fixed a couple of electrical problems with their shop for free. idk exactly why, but i'll take it and remain loyal. good shops are hard to find...

FuhQ

They were probably just being nice and didn't realize you were such a nute snob. Most people like getting free stuff.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
they sometimes give me some dumb hydro additive that they cant sell, because its snake oil, and its sits on the shelf because i feel too guilty to pour that shit into the earth or bin it..

i sometimes wonder how much eutrophication is caused by all the crappy nutrients people dont use..

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Lowest quality, 50 for a pound bin bags to carry my purchases...usually rip just as the door closes behind me on the way out.

Latest posts

Latest posts