What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Highest Price Ever for Quality Bud?

I was reminiscing about San Diego today and was thinking about a buddy who had some really high quality indoor he was slinging telling me a story about a guy from LA.

He was puffin up before a Snoop Dogg show in Mission Beach and some guy said "Damn, what is that?"

My friend, a pretty sharp guy with years of pool hustling and weed sales experience just says "Man, this is the 100 dollar an eighth rapper weed".

This guy ends up being a regular customer who drives down to pay 200 a quarter. This really was some top smoke, but I just cracked up about a guy paying that rate.

What's the most anyone has heard about someone paying for good smoke?

No drama, I'm just curious about how much people will pay for something they think is rare and special.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
Ahh the days of Fairfax dispensarys. $100 for an 1/8 of OG. Back in 05' i believe it was......The most i ever paid for an 18 was $60 when i was buying from dispenzers.

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
this is going to be an epic thread. i personally would pick up bows of sour D, ChemD and haze at one point it was as high as 8k per lb. you would have to flip it at 550oz to make some head smoke but surprising enough everybody ate it up. this was back in 2006-2007 in Central Massachusetts.

few years later i got all them same strains growing but gettin half the profit. what a bummer lol market has come a long way

i had to go back and edit this.... forgot to add in the fact that at the time weed was selling more by the OZ then gold was.

RespectGreen

Veteran
I paid 5-600 a OZ for the REAL purple kush for years, and still would even with the market. Favorite weed period would beat on any bubba, pure kush, or purp I've seen... I miss it

Galactic

Re: Highest Price Ever for Quality Bud?

Oh yes rg, that purple that tasted purple that would actually nightcap your ass... 20 a half gram...all the way up. Oh I miss it

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
$200/oz top shelf fire kush dro purple kriptacronalike..it's some good funk for the price and gets me blown every time, every jay, every bowl, every spliff, every bong pack and every one hit quit. It's all legit herbals. never here of anyone paying more than $275 around these parts.

Haven't bought from a 'street' person in a long, long , long time...all the people who slang in this county are also known to like way, way harder stuff, so no to that scene forever.

If you're medical, I've heard of cargivers literally giving away bud by the QP to the more needy of medicine.

I did buy some buds one time that cost $420..but it was some SUPER FUNK JUNK IN YOUR TRUNK WEED. that stuff that comes around and you just have to have it no matter what...ended up gathering all my PS2 games and pawned them all for a small fortune at the ripoff pawn shop where you would get a mesely $150 for a new PS2 back in like 2001-04...times was rough when you have a job that don't pay for your weed habit..lol...rent, weed, gas, food, girlfriend = hella expensive stuff no 21 year old can reasonably afford, let alone $420 for a bag of whatever they wanna call it at the time..lol..

Last edited:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
street prices around here vary on your level of connection of course,but i hear of quarters for 125 plenty often,oz of top shelf are rarely less than 400 unless you know someone,and even then the bro price is 320,when the flood of outdoor cali beasters hits ounces drop to 200,most people buy quarters for 70....and of course you can always get a pound of mexi brick for 2-600 depending on who you know...

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
how much would you pay for an 1/8 of the best herb you ever have smoked?

picture.php

I would give more to put my hands on some right now if I could.

picture.php

Those cookies went to 11.
When I'm lucky enough to be able to go in a store and buy weed
it surprises me that the best in the world does not come with the
kind of premium price that other things like wine and food or
cigars maybe. for those cookies to not be $100 an 1/8th surprises me. it's a strange market.

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great thread...

Been smoken 20+ years in Cali.
90's Mex brickweed.
Lowest $25 oz -seeds and pressed.
highest $120 oz- Mid-High grade. Minimal to no seed. Great smells/taste.

2008- $250 a 1/2 oz for VIET-Grown Stick to your grinder and zzzz within 3 hits a couple times... Still have not had that same hit since. Snoops master OG came close once. $45 a 1/4 oz.

215 card around 2009
Ave. $35/$45-1/4
$100-$300 a oz

2013-

In the last 2 months I have payed $75 a oz for great smoke a couple times. $100 a oz for what was $250-$350 just 3 months ago.
Same shops just dropping prices like crazy.

Wont last but dam it's a great ride...

Last edited:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I recall seeing a very arrogant $85 an 8th back in '04 in some pics I was viewing of a california dispensary, actually I was moderating @ the weed site and I had to approve all incoming pics, sure they had cheaper meds but the top strains were all $65-85 per 8th.

not for profit? yeah right.......

EDIT:
oh yeah, being as I was looking @ pics of a price menu I have no idea if they were really 'quality buds'

Last edited:
I would pay 100 1/8th to try the cookies forsure! Up here... across the boarder I have not talked to anyone who can get their hands on it...

Id pay out the ass to try that delicious looking hype.

Maybe $120 to try that new Alien OG that tested 29%.

LubdaNugs

Veteran
$100 bucks per 1/4 back in the late 90's in CO, but normally closer to $75 per quarter. I don't buy weed anymore, but a friend has told me he can get an OZ of top shelf for $150. Another friend from PA has said he pays up to $20 per gram........ouch.

Green Supreme

Veteran
Sold Garlic Bud in Inuvik for $300/quarter. They had never seen anything like it and I am sure still talk about it occasionally. I got bothered for more every time I went there after that. Peace GS

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
another great thread would be

How much have you heard people charging for herb that was nowhere NEAR the best (-;

Tyga

Veteran
I see cali bud vac sealed, crushed, shipped out of state. And just because it has some purple hues and an OKAY smell go for 4200..... shits FUCKED. Most of that shit goes for 28-3 in my area.... (New England)
Most I've personally paid was 1400 for a QP of some crazy chemdawg and some pre98 Bubba... Still haven't seen any bud in my area touch that sense. The D had such a distinctive smell.... like a Stale beer/skunky smell that once released would just linger for hours.... Damn I miss that bud!

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would pay 100 1/8th to try the cookies forsure! Up here... across the boarder I have not talked to anyone who can get their hands on it...

Id pay out the ass to try that delicious looking hype.

Maybe $120 to try that new Alien OG that tested 29%.

I Gotz Alien OG growen now... Leave a #.. I'll hook ya up at $120 a 1/8... All day long... sup... :biggrin:

G

greenmatter

$200 for a quarter?

i hope the guy asking me to pay that was not insulted by someone laughing in his face ........ but then again he asked for $200 bones for a fucking quarter, so he sure doesn't give a fuck about insulting me

$200 dollars for some seeds does not sound crazy to me, so maybe it is just perspective:chin: ........ who knows?

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
Ya I doubt the ghetto hood weed is anything to write home about.

The whole not for profit debate is stupid imo, how do you expect to pay for all the overhead that comes with running a business like a dispensery with out profit? Why would someone do all of that work of opening a club, go threw all the regulations to make no profit? I understand some are overpricing meds, but to run a business that provides a product, you need to make a profit.

Why don't you open a legit not for profit club and let me know how that works for you. LOL

Latest posts

Latest posts