What's new

Can you use neem oil with compost tea foliar?.

Indoor Odor

I don't mean in the same container when spraying. For example, foliar spray ACT one week and then a neem treatment the next week? Thanks

Indoor Odor

Thanks, I guess what I really need to know is if it will hurt or kill the beneficial organisms living on the leaf? Im having a problem with powdery mildew. Currently I'm spraying full strength ACT (aerated compost tea) on the crop about every 5 to 7 days. Spots of powdery mildew come back about 3 to 4 days after spraying. Im considering either changing up a little a doing a neem spray every other spray or so. Or I could just spray compost tea every three or four days and try to build up a strong micro herd on the leaf surface? I don't mind doing the extra work of spraying every 3 days, I just want this mildew wiped out. So, Add a neem spray every couple of weeks or increase the frequency of ACT application??? Opinions are appreciated.

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
Just an FYI, most of what you're brewing up in the AACT likes dark humid conditions, they'll survive for a while on your leaves, but they're not going to set up house there (dry and tons of light isn't their idea of a good time). Upping the frequency of spraying might help keep the populations at mildew suppression levels.

Why not use lacto bacillus? Milk makes for an environment that powdery mildew doesn't like, and lacto bacillus likes milk.. for sure it won't hurt.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=96325

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
on neem.... i have created a product called "Storch Oil" that is a combination of neem, karanja and fish oil that is potentized via a very intense mixing process and mineralized. We have reports from users for eliminating mites and mildews. It acts by addressing root problems of lack of minerals [about 90 available minerals]. It also releases the amazing ability of the oils that are in it by creating a synergy of the three that is more powerful in combination than any of the three alone.... you can find it at www.vortexbrewer.com along with my other amazing products earth-tonic, earth recharge and earth compound...
shamelessly promoting my products only becuz they work sooo gooood.... eheheheheheh...sstorch

Quote from the link...

"Compost Tea – The Miracle Fertilizer?
“How Compost Tea Can Help You Grow the Best
Garden, Crops, Plants, Tree & Turf of Your Life!”
And Why All Compost Teas are NOT Created Equal!"

AMAZING!!!....I had no idea ACT was fertilizer..

Wow it looks like the universe itself...missed the price though. What other stuff are you selling there on that page?...missed those products.

I have a blend of oils as well...I have a blend of Neem,Karanja,Yucca,and a SECRET organic ingredient. I call it 'Captain'z Cheese Sauce' and you can order it from ME!!! It's only $199.95 for an entire litre and if you order now I'll throw in a free..that's right, a FREE shamwow!~

Last edited:

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
i'm surprised i ever grew anything without your products sstorch.

so this "storch oil" is supposed to be applied to the roots?

potentized? maybe you meant potentiated?

i've heard of a similar product called "snake oil."

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
i'm surprised i ever grew anything without your products sstorch.

so this "storch oil" is supposed to be applied to the roots?

potentized? maybe you meant potentiated?

i've heard of a similar product called "snake oil."

"potentized? maybe you meant potentiated?"

...... Potentated potentials Headster....let's not argue semantics,'snake oil' is legit stuff.

Snake oil has been around for ages...heck,probably came from Mars when it was in a heavy rotation man. I've seen the effects of snake oil on plants and I gotta' tell ya'...those things look AMAZING Heady. Dank nugz with space planets vibes and dynamics my friend.

I'd like to hear more..;)

mad librettist

Veteran
storch, do us a favor and stop hawking your menhaden based products.

menhaden are the most important living resource on the east coast. the menhaden harvest itself is the biggest threat to many ecosystems there.

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
storch, do us a favor and stop hawking your menhaden based products.

menhaden are the most important living resource on the east coast. the menhaden harvest itself is the biggest threat to many ecosystems there.

...what?...you weren't sold on the 'vortex' images of waves,galaxies,etc.?...and that broken English Austrian chick with the hot scientific sounding voice?.?....come on man!!!!

This is REAL plant voo-doo......blended with basic compost tea principles.

C

CT Guy

If you want the best neem product, go to www.neemresource.com. Their neem products blow everything else out of the market in regards to quality and levels of azadirachtin (one of the main active ingredients in neem). Clackamas Coot turned me on to them a year ago and I haven't regretted it.

I use the neem cake as a component of my soil mix and also to deal with fungus gnats and the neem oil for powdery mildew.

Schwagg has mentioned using their neem shampoo for flea treatment with his dog.

Hope that helps!

(and no, I don't work for them, this is purely an endorsement based on the fact I appreciate their product).

supermanlives

Veteran
on neem.... i have created a product called "Storch Oil" that is a combination of neem, karanja and fish oil that is potentized via a very intense mixing process and mineralized. We have reports from users for eliminating mites and mildews. It acts by addressing root problems of lack of minerals [about 90 available minerals]. It also releases the amazing ability of the oils that are in it by creating a synergy of the three that is more powerful in combination than any of the three alone.... you can find it at www.vortexbrewer.com along with my other amazing products earth-tonic, earth recharge and earth compound...
shamelessly promoting my products only becuz they work sooo gooood.... eheheheheheh...sstorch

advertising cost money

supermanlives

Veteran
and i got sso. supermans special oil. $19.95 now. time is limited . first 20 orders get a free bottle. first order i fly to you personally

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
ROTFLMFAO......a regular Paul Newman kinda' guy...wholesome and honest...eats buckwheat pancakes with real maple syrup up at the cabin every Sunday with the grandkids...

picture.php

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
LOL Storch Oil. Just don't tell 'em Clackamas Coot from IC Mag sent ya!

Ahimsa Organics Neem Oil - OMRI Listed
Ahimsa Organics Karanja Oil - OMRI Listed

2145b85d6f5ba433766b47835b11864b.jpg

Team Microbe

Veteran
I don't mean in the same container when spraying. For example, foliar spray ACT one week and then a neem treatment the next week? Thanks

Since it's organic it won't hurt any beneficials.

But mind you, your best line of defense against molds/mildews/pests IS compost tea - both foliar and fed to the roots.

If your soil food web is thriving, nothing can get past it. It sounds like your on the right track with the tea already, as long as you leave ALL synthetics out of your schedule your microbeasties will stay thriving.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Latest posts