What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

living earthworm found in my potted plants runoff...

Olum!

I have never seen this and I know absolutely nothing generally speaking, but my bag of worm castings has something in the fine print that states that some eggs and other worm stuffs might be mixed in with the castings. Perhaps this worm was live the whole time, or maybe he was an egg that hatched! I don't think an earthworm should be a problem though. If anything it will probably keep the dirt soft and full of nitrogen-rich castings.

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
I think every pot in my room has at least 5 to 20 worms in it....that changes every few days because they migrate to other pots when the lights go off after a good watering...
I buy red worms to add to the soil on my recycles if my worm bin isn't rollin'....

The pots with the most worms host the best plants IME....but this is an indoor environment we are talking about here.

Last edited:

guest2012y

Living with the soil
Veteran
Could look at it as an indicator species...if they stick around your doing something right.

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Is there any reason not to add red worms directly to all the soil ..? I am so fucking lazy I could maybe maintain a half assed bin/resting batch of soil I would even put shredded paper on top for them...maybe

sgapetti

Veteran
i have earth worms as well in my soil, always had as they get a free ride from the compost i mix in my soil. Peace S

TLoft13

If they don't like it they will leave the pots i suppose. Causing a cellar full of slime and dead worms. Any volunteers?