What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I don't trust mankind too much...

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
of course I don't trust too much of anything. call it life's hard lessons...

but i do kinda trust this...

:plant grow:

Genesis 1:29-Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food."

:plant grow:

GP73LPC

Veteran
lol :D, got a dog and two cats.

best friends i ever had ;)

Venet

Maybe you are just the philosophical kind of man.
To come back to your:" I don't trust mankind too much...." is a good example of a how can I change the world to a better place person.

We all made the experience in or who can we trust. When you learn to deal with it, you'll se that everyone has gone through it, and learned from it one way or the other.

Somehow I belive in trust, but this doesn't mean that I'm not prepared to be deceived.

WelderDan

Veteran
People will let you down. Friends, even family.

I only have a couple of friends I truly trust. Even my family has it's limits. My sister I trust. My younger brother I trust. My youngest brother can't be trusted farther than I can throw him. Not his fault, he's bipolar. But he'll rat you out in a blink to get his own ass out of a crack.

Trust is earned. Never take it for granted.

sso

Veteran
change yourself, change your world.

only people that love me, get in my inner circle of trust.

its easy to tell the difference, once you´ve spotted it. (its the feel(from them)

GP73LPC

Veteran
change yourself, change your world.

only people that love me, get in my inner circle of trust.

its easy to tell the difference, once you´ve spotted it. (its the feel(from them)

i've pretty much done this.

when i was young, i was naive and innocent.

education, people and life have a way of changing that.

NOW, there are only a handful of people in my inner circle.

T

TrichyTrichy

Being naive you learn the hardway.
A lot of people look to con and scam under the guise of friendliness. I've learned hard way that not every down on their luck person is actually down on their luck or actually innately friendly.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
It is sad but true. Plants can be trusted, men are fallible.

"If you're happy with nothing, you'll be happy with me." Ben Harper.

people that can't find happiness in their own skin will never find it in possessions.

:joint:

sso

Veteran
its not a case of not trusting people..

its recognizing the bullshit in others..

but you cant expect anything more than you would from yourself.
we are fallible, we make mistakes, what matters is the love we have for eachother.

would be better if the world was better, but a handful of people is nothing to be sneezed at, cant exactly get to know that many people anyway, not that well, unless you give them alot of your lifetime.

cant do that with too many people anyway.

sso

Veteran
life is limited and precious, dont spend it in the wrong place.

(even if your spirit lasts forever, this now, will never come back (well, unless we do a rerun lol)

this you will die, the people you love will die and might do so way before you.

life is short, yes, but its also Amazingly long.

each moment with your loved one´s, is precious. it might be the last. (at least for possibly a very long time)

and the less love you have in your life, the more the years will drag on like centuries upon untold centuries, moments stretching into millennia that you wish would just end.

T

TrichyTrichy

It's hard to not fall for it when you are hearing "i have no food,losing electricity tommorow"
but the cons have been pathlogical liars.
But in actuality used money for entertainment. Couldn't care I found out either.

Now, i just give to organizations and actual homeless ppl.

sso

Veteran
life is limited and precious, dont spend it in the wrong place.

(even if your spirit lasts forever, this now, will never come back (well, unless we do a rerun lol)

this you will die, the people you love will die and might do so way before you.

life is short, yes, but its also Amazingly long.

each moment with your loved one´s, is precious. it might be the last. (at least for possibly a very long time)

and the less love you have in your life, the more the years will drag on like centuries upon untold centuries, moments stretching into millennia that you wish would just end.

appreciate what you have. and if you arent satisfied, go look for more. (trust your heart.)

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I've lost my faith both religious and in mankind, I've turned inward and selfish in some regards although outwardly I'm still generous w/my friends in considering their needs. I have no close family ties, most of my immediate family has passed on.

I have some hatred brewing in my soul and because I've strayed alone down this darker path for too many years now I'm having trouble finding the answers or coming to terms with faults I'd like to change. I don't know who to trust with these confidences.

sso

Veteran
wanting to change is the first step, i wouldnt worry about the rest, it will come natural and so will confidances when you are ready to speak.

the world often works in funny ways :)

mrcreosote

Veteran
Think you have a problem with mankind?

Wait til you get good and screwed by womankind...

Mankind will look like a walk in the park.

The upside is that even Satan won't want your soul after a woman gets through destroying it...

Too damaged to get points for it.