What's new

Coffeeshop herb from the North of the Netherlands

Hey all:tiphat:

Thought I'd share some pictures I've taken earlier this year to show what the general public is smoking in these parts of the world.

Since the weed is bought from coffeeshops there's naturally a small chance they'll mislabel or re-label weed to make it sell more, so it's not my fault if something doesn't look the way it should for a [insert strain here]. :D

"Bommen Berend", a local strain of weed. Sativa-indica hybrid.

Master Kush.

Buddha Cheese (I suspect it's Big Buddha Cheese, they just left the "Big" out for some reason?)

Santa Maria

Jack Flash

Afghan

Amnesia Haze

More pictures will follow as soon as I get my lazy stoned ass to photograph some weed before smoking it.:wave:

F

Fastcast

Thanks for posting the pics.Always nice to see whats going about in the shops.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good stuff man. People knock on Coffee shop weed, but that stuff looks great guys. I had a good experience at the Grey area too.

Dronli

i always find the weed in holland to be very harsh and rough on the throat,id say its mostly hydro,not exactly grown for the smokers pleasure and more geared towards making a profit.i cant fault the hash tho it always does the trick i recall the malika from dampkring being absolutley beautifully oily and a rich potent smoke.yum yum!
even the bio(organic) at 15 a gram wasnt what i expected in quality,i remember throwing away a near full joint in vondel park last time prob 10 euro worth of weed in it,me and a friend couldnt smoke anymore of it it was so harsh.but i have no doubt holland has some of the best bud in the world sadly i dont think the tourists get to see any.peace

i always find the weed in holland to be very harsh and rough on the throat,id say its mostly hydro,not exactly grown for the smokers pleasure and more geared towards making a profit.i cant fault the hash tho it always does the trick i recall the malika from dampkring being absolutley beautifully oily and a rich potent smoke.yum yum!
even the bio(organic) at 15 a gram wasnt what i expected in quality,i remember throwing away a near full joint in vondel park last time prob 10 euro worth of weed in it,me and a friend couldnt smoke anymore of it it was so harsh.but i have no doubt holland has some of the best bud in the world sadly i dont think the tourists get to see any.peace

It's hit and miss sometimes, and on a couple of rare occasions I have bought weed in coffeeshops that wasn't properly flushed, cured or even dried - it hasn't been outright damp, but a little moist. Generally though, especially if you avoid the more touristy shops and know where to buy, the herb is of a good quality. It is true that the weed at coffeeshops is grown for a commercial market, but especially here we don't have all that many tourists, and since there is a quasi-legal outlet for buying cannabis, a large number of regular, quality-conscious tokers don't bother to grow. This creates a market for higher quality weed, and the way to get the most customers that smoke the most weed is to have the best dank.

I haven't been to Amsterdam very often, but from my experiences there and up in Groningen, the quality is quite consistent(ly good) if you know where to shop, and some of the occasional highlights are as good as any homegrown herb I've smoked. Compared to Finland, where I used to live, the prices are lower and instead of getting amazing dank 10% of the time I get great dank 90% of the time, so I'm not complainin':dance013:

Even the best coffeeshops have pretty useless weed (at least for the seasoned smoker) sometimes, and the shitty ones - of which there are plenty - will have it all the time, but I've always been able to find great weed or a nice import hash real easy. I usually smoke the most expensive stuff on the menu though.

Yarkand

Hey Lion !

Where in North holland ? Naam van de shoppie ?
Wil ook er heengaan !:tiphat:

Nice pickups dude

Groningen. Most of the buds are from Taverne Oasis, and a couple may be from Drie Master / De Dees.

I don't speak Dutch, I'm a student here.

Yarkand

Living in Amsterdam at the moment.

Gotta whole lotta toys to smoke from :)

Pm me if your ever around, will try to pass your neck of the woods mid october. How long does it take by train to get to groningen from amsterdam cs ?

Living in Amsterdam at the moment.

Gotta whole lotta toys to smoke from :)

Pm me if your ever around, will try to pass your neck of the woods mid october. How long does it take by train to get to groningen from amsterdam cs ?

Will do! I'm pretty sure I'll be making a few trips to Amsterdam for recreational purposes in the near future.
Amsterdam Centraal - Groningen Centraal takes a little over 2 hours by train - you'll probably have to switch trains at Amersfoort or Hilversum.

picture.php

Lemon Haze

Latest posts

Latest posts