What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vibe in Hawaii

huligun

Professor Organic Psychology
Veteran
This same thread plays out over and over in the short time I have been here. Someone wants to move to greener pastures and ask for advice. The advice is the pastures are never greener any place.

Growing the buds is illegal. As long as it is, you have a black market, and that makes it really expensive. As long as it is really expensive you will have crime. Anyone that is new to any location and trying to create a product that is expensive and illegal they will be ill prepared to deal with the locals. This is the same with any new place you move.

If you want to move someplace it should be for other reasons than to grow weed. You really need connections, or family, a good job would be nice, and you should love the place you are moving to. You can ease into growing the buds slowly as you learn how it works in the new location.

I suppose it is dreams that keep us alive in our miserable existance

fedor420

If your from Hawaii...CA weed is rubbish.

If you live on Oahu....chances are your smoking import Cali weed....AND paying Hawaii prices for the priveledge.

Remember...flights leave daily. Nobody has a gun to your head, you can go back any time you want.

LOL!! dude hawaii can only grow sativa's outside. VERY limited (since i only like indica's)

im smoking stuff grown in waimanalo.... the genetics are just super old and dated, in cali we throw those old strains away after they get played out. stuff isnt bad quality, not sure if they know how tp properly give nutrients and have a feeling no c02.

knew a old guy on maui that grew way more than u ever have total in one season and he even told me himself that california is a much better climate and the choice of genetics is bar-none. dont get ur pussy hurt dude. i can go on craigslist in santa cruz and type 215 and have clones in 20 minutes....

im honestly sick and tired of jealous ass hawaiians claiming their weed is good when u guys rock dated genetics and cant seem to grow organic.

prices on big island and maui are comical to me, let alone oahu's.
im used to paying 180 an oz for indoor og kush that is actually grown properly... people out here never even know what they are smoking... i have to tell them "thats sour d, thats headband, thats afpack"

i was born here but raised in central coast of cali. dont tell me u guys have better shit when u guys cant even fucking grow real og kush.... have fun going on seedbanks for shit when its diluted as fuck... sour d isnt even real, u gotta get it via clone form on the west coast.

so yeah, long story short: quit hyping your stuff when hawaiian landraces are some of the weakest in the world. i was born here, unlike u, i can stay if i want (i just get my weed mailed to me as to not insult ppl here), people really cant take being denied over here. lol...

fedor420

so chances are i AM smoking imported cali bud and i am paying cali prices for it too.... i only bought three sacks out here in all of my years, i just cant support lazy hustlers or growers like that.

what are u going to tell me now, hawaii miraculously has the best hash oil in the world too? lol. i've honestly gotten super sick of hawaiians false claiming they have the best stuff in the world when i was getting better stuff and deals when i was 13 years old....

so yeah, the vibe in hawaii is bring ur own if ur visiting... grow your own if u move there and find a friend from the westcoast to mail you cuttings because seedbanks are a fraud online and the people here treat mr nice guy as gran daddy purple LOL!!!!

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
LOL!! dude hawaii can only grow sativa's outside. VERY limited (since i only like indica's)

sucks for you, bro. sativa is king

knew a old guy on maui that grew way more than u ever have total in one season and he even told me himself that california is a much better climate and the choice of genetics is bar-none. dont get ur pussy hurt dude. i can go on craigslist in santa cruz and type 215 and have clones in 20 minutes....

oh for real? can you get scooby doo kush? what about charlie sheen kush (WINNING!!) You gotta let me know if you can get cuts of Kryptakronalite :moon:
cmon_son.gif

get the fuck outta here with that bullshit

Last edited:

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
HO!!! if you like good ice bruh da island where it at!!! chaaaahoooo cuz!!!:dance013:

Headbandf1

Bent Member
Veteran
I say FED, since hes only bought 4 sacks.

Speak for yourself Mr FED employee; I'm in Cali and would cherish and appreciate a few Hawaiian cultivars (k-9), and would very much enjoy burning a few of OlHaloe's work while drinking and fondeling some Chi-Chi's. Some others on here have had the pleasure and their reports make me jealous.

Tuhder

Dear lord, You all have been trolled.

The reading I did do here was a painful experience, I need to smoke more bubble to try and suppress my short term memory because of it.

Moving on.......

41hope, sounds like you have mastered the indoor setup, it's very lucrative, lots of herb per grow, lots of money, lots of props...spend your time in Hawai'i wisely brother,

grow(flower) outside or you WILL produce inferior herb to all other seemingly shwag looking herbs people grow outdoor.

Also, you have a chance to experience the outdoors to it's full potential, which means that the highs that will come off of outdoor herb will be of superior quality to ANYTHING produced indoors.

You may want to dive into sativas to experience cannabis to its fullest as it's difficult to get the full highs on tropical sativas indoors, and the yield deffinitely wont be there. Also mold is an issue so nature naturally guides us towards sativas in the wetter areas.

also there are many people who have moved to Hawai'i after a good few years of growing in the mainland, but they usually end up getting a different experience when they get there. Remember that it is an ISLAND.. its small..energy comes back around very fast in Hawai'i, some people grow up there and never leave. You deffinitely don't want to be known for big grows brother, not there. Better to be known as the humble bumble who chills and grows his fine sensi.

enjoy!

im smoking stuff grown in waimanalo.... the genetics are just super old and dated, in cali we throw those old strains away after they get played out. stuff isnt bad quality, not sure if they know how tp properly give nutrients and have a feeling no c02.

im honestly sick and tired of jealous ass hawaiians claiming their weed is good when u guys rock dated genetics and cant seem to grow organic.

prices on big island and maui are comical to me, let alone oahu's.
im used to paying 180 an oz for indoor og kush that is actually grown properly... people out here never even know what they are smoking... i have to tell them "thats sour d, thats headband, thats afpack"

i was born here but raised in central coast of cali. dont tell me u guys have better shit when u guys cant even fucking grow real og kush.... have fun going on seedbanks for shit when its diluted as fuck... sour d isnt even real, u gotta get it via clone form on the west coast.

so yeah, long story short: quit hyping your stuff when hawaiian landraces are some of the weakest in the world. i was born here, unlike u, i can stay if i want (i just get my weed mailed to me as to not insult ppl here), people really cant take being denied over here. lol...

This is funny... you must be a hoale with no heart in cannabis, or are you just on oahu? If you make an intention to experience the real deal Hawaiian sativas, who knows one day you may humble yourself enough to get the chance to taste something real.

Also don't even start to talk about "elite clones" hahaha clones hahaha

You attract the quality of experience that exactly matches your vibe: Cali.

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran

I do 23 week sativas in a 22x29x54 inch freezer. Are the laws of physics different in Hawaii?

To all in general and none in particular, let's dial the rhetoric and hyperbole down a notch. The vibe here is distinctly NON Hawaiian

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This same thread plays out over and over in the short time I have been here. Someone wants to move to greener pastures and ask for advice. The advice is the pastures are never greener any place.

Growing the buds is illegal. As long as it is, you have a black market, and that makes it really expensive. As long as it is really expensive you will have crime. Anyone that is new to any location and trying to create a product that is expensive and illegal they will be ill prepared to deal with the locals. This is the same with any new place you move.

If you want to move someplace it should be for other reasons than to grow weed. You really need connections, or family, a good job would be nice, and you should love the place you are moving to. You can ease into growing the buds slowly as you learn how it works in the new location.

I suppose it is dreams that keep us alive in our miserable existance

amen.. and I'll say that not even being religious..

once again. to whoever wants to go to hawaii.. rent a a place for 3 months and see how you fair.. hell at least take a trip over there for 2 weeks, and not in hotels or tourist area

I'm just saying this as it would save alot of people alot of $$$, as most move off 1 year in.

so yeah, long story short: quit hyping your stuff when hawaiian landraces are some of the weakest in the world.

LOL~! There's no such thing as a hawaiian landrace kid! Has anyone even mentioned that yet!? LOL! beat it scrub! Gawd where do U live so we can all be sure to avoid that VIBE! yikes!

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
amen.. and I'll say that not even being religious..

once again. to whoever wants to go to hawaii.. rent a a place for 3 months and see how you fair.. hell at least take a trip over there for 2 weeks, and not in hotels or tourist area

I'm just saying this as it would save alot of people alot of $$$, as most move off 1 year in.

i went for a 5 day vacation on oahu and ended up staying 2.5 years - id still be over there if i didnt come up onto a good business opportunity in CA....

jiggasouza

haha its classic reading threads about hawaii. bottom line, cali got the genetics and thats wut there smoking in oahu. but believe me, there are a handful of growers on most islands that know whats up. u dont think us guys know about bloodline!? ur kidding. ITS ALL ABOUT BLOODLINE! Theres cali genetics going around the islands and theres ppl growing it in the mean outdoor spots that'll shut shit down. Big island is always flooded. everyone and there grandma grows/smokes buds. But the windward side is one of the most rainy places in the world. Electric now cost 47 cents a kw. Nobody likes haoles here especially if u bring ur attitude. I cant even remember how much white folks i seen get pounded out. If u respect, u'll prolly get respect back. Maui is a mix between oahu and big island. Some imported, lots of good weed and its worth more than the big island. The vibe is real chill, a slow day i prefer. Its mainly about who u know here. bottom line....come here, act up, gets cracks, go home

supermanlives

Veteran
my friend from nor cal moved to hawaii. he hated it and moved back. he said it wasnt as good as nor cal and is happy to be back growing.

This is gonna come off dickish but it's the truth and I'm going to say it anyway. If you're the kind of person to start an online thread and ask a million questions about moving to Hawaii you're probably not the kind of person that would fit in there.

jiggasouza

me too, i couldnt even imagine living anywhere else. The closest place i would really concider moving would be to another island
I agree with the last two posts