What's new

THE LOVE THREAD

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Samuel Clemens himself couldn't sum it up as it is in the end of that site.

The most important part that I found...

This is your World!

And you are able to make changes!

Hasten to do good works!

Think of it!

...needed reiterating for the sake of sakes' sake.

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
Samuel Clemens himself couldn't sum it up as it is in the end of that site.

The most important part that I found...

This is your World!

And you are able to make changes!

Hasten to do good works!

Think of it!

...needed reiterating for the sake of sakes' sake.

Yah , just as was posting that & thinking of the nice symbols & sayings we are so fond of to denote "Love" , yet there needs to be something more of course , some kind of ongoing /evolving action associatied to be really with it ... inside of it ...and to be really growing it .

"Time wasted is existence. Time used is life."

Last edited:

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
...sleepy time when I lie with my love by my side
and she's breathing low and I rise like a bird
in the haze when the first rays touch the sky...

Pink Floyd ~ from Pillow of Winds

whodare

Veteran
love.jpg

is the answer

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
[youtubeif]yB6cybj394U[/youtubeif]

Love Song - The Cure

Whenever I'm alone with you
You make me feel like I am home again
You make me feel like I am whole again
You make me feel like I am young again
You make me feel like I am fun again

However far away I will always love you
However long I stay I will always love you
Whatever words I say I will always love you
I will always love you

You make me feel like I am free again
You make me feel like I am clean again

However far away I will always love you
However long I stay I will always love you
Whatever words I say I will always love you
I will always love you

Last edited:

messn'n'gommin'

ember
Veteran
Hate teaches fear. Fear teaches ignorance. Ignorance teaches hate.

Love teaches humility. Humility teaches wisdom. Wisdom teaches love.

Where is the comparison?

Iraganji

It is so nice and refreshing to have a thread dedicated to the positive!
Peace and Love is alive and well. Myself, I was conceived during the summer of Love. :D

I was born and then I desired knowledge. My life has been a quest for Illumination. I have come to understand many things and there are many more yet to come. To date, my most treasured understanding is a little something called "the law of attraction", which is that your dominate thoughts and emotions you think and feel, directly effect your life outcome. Essentially, it is an understanding that thought creates reality.
Putting into practice by monitoring my emotions (much easier than being a watch dog of your thoughts) has allowed me to focus my attention on that which is positive. I no longer dwell on injustices, hurt, sorrow, pain, fear or hate. There is no need. They will only attract more of it.

My friends, Love truly is the answer!

Much Peace, and since this is the Love thread, Much Love.

D

Duplicate

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 (New International Version, ©2011 (NIV))

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
In the time of your life, live—so that in that good time there shall be no ugliness or death for yourself or for any life your life touches. Seek goodness everywhere, and when it is found, bring it out of its hiding place and let it be free and unashamed.

Place in matter and in flesh the least of the values, for these are the things that hold death and must pass away. Discover in all things that which shines and is beyond corruption. Encourage virtue in whatever heart it may have been driven into secrecy and sorrow by the shame and terror of the world. Ignore the obvious, for it is unworthy of the clear eye and the kindly heart.

Be the inferior of no man, or of any men be superior. Remember that every man is a variation of yourself. No man's guilt is not yours, nor is any man's innocence a thing apart. Despise evil and ungodliness, but not men of ungodliness or evil. These, understand. Have no shame in being kindly and gentle but if the time comes in the time of your life to kill, kill and have no regret.

In the time of your life, live—so that in that wondrous time you shall not add to the misery and sorrow of the world, but shall smile to the infinite delight and mystery of it.

~William Saroyan

Last edited:

Madrus Rose

post 69
Veteran
1 Corinthians 13:4-8 (New International Version, ©2011 (NIV))

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears.

"Corinthians"

Those passages in the Bible that were most influenced by the pagan Greeks , ie "Corinth". It was very much a trading center for the Med Sea & from the little trading stalls by its docks the first "corporations" were formed in their respective commodities . This is where Paul goes on & on about the "wages of Sin" & passages influenced by the background of trading/buying & selling translated allegorically into scripture. Corinth is the first citythe converted Saul goes to preach the gospel after his roadside conversion & "seeing the light ". How lucky for Paul that it was in a tolerant Greek city he started his mission. <g

* The oldest known coherent & clear translations of the Christian "Old Testement" & Hebrew texts "Torah" were generously allowed by the tolerant Greeks in their libraries by Hebrew scholars 300yrs before birth of Jesus .

( Known as The Septuagint or referred simply by all Bible Scholars as LXX & studied by all )
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septuagint

To bad the Christians of latter centuries did not show much "Love" for those Pagans that lended their beautiful language which only added more depth, wisdom & intelligence into the essence of their Holy Philosophy & Holy scriptures till then . Instead went on a binge that repayed this generousity by destroying their temples & buring their Libraries & laying waste to them . All Christins & Jews (and Moslems) on the planet owe the greatest debt of gratitude to the Pagan Greeks for even having a Bible or a Torah today...or a Koran well.

If they/Christians had only followed & meditated more on the passages of Corinthians ...lovely passages but be aware it was borrowed from the Greeks ...every bit of it . The uptight Jews of the time hated the Greeks for their Baths & Saunas , their theatres & gymasiums, wine & poetry & zest & love for life ?

Maybe thats why Jesus hung out alot up in the north of Galilea near the Greek cities ? But he was pretty uptight for all the that too ...but he did turn "the water" into wine ! Maybe there was a little more Greek in jesus than we ever knew & brought out the best in him ?;)

Last edited:

bentom187

Veteran
all i see is love.... us loving eachother is the same as enlightening eachother, protection and peace.....
i dont have a answer containing money or gold just love.
and you already know how to do that.....

Him

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. It's not just in some of us, it's in all of us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” - Nelson Mandela

Latest posts

Latest posts