What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Moving to Hawaii?

rambone

So I am considering going to graduate school since shit is pretty boring over here, currently checking out the horticultural sciences program and marine biology at University of Hawaii at Manoa. What conditions would allow one to acquire a medical card? I just want to get out of my current area and experience a little more freedom in terms of being able to grow my own cannabis for personal use while attending school.

vta

Veteran
If you live in Hawaii you are required to do things a little differently than most states with a registry program. Instead of registering through a state run registry, patients in Hawaii must register with the department of public safety. The application forms are also not distributed to patients, but instead distributed only to medical doctors in the state.

If you are looking for a doctor to recommend medical marijuana in Hawaii, the THC Foundation has a clinic as does Medical Marijuana of Hawaii. Once you obtain your recommendation, you will send it with a $25 fee.

For a list of qualifying conditions and more info on the law in Hawaii click here.