What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THE STOP SMOKING SUPPORT GROUP

For all of you that are stronger than me - I give you all major props and respect.

It is 5:38pm in San Diego on March 3rd, and I had quit smoking cigarettes since Wednesday February 17th for Lent and I just had a cigarette (it's actually in my mouth as I'm typing) LIKE A SCUMBAG.

I AM SCUM. I should be drinking SCUM BEER. This picture below says it all:

scum.jpg

(Don't really know if it's real) but it says it all. In all honesty, I love smoking cigarettes and I thought I could do something good but I could not make it. There is something about having a Doubleshot Expresso of Starbucks coffee and a Menthol cigarette that tells you why you are ALIVE on this planet.

Marlo and all other ICmag members, I didn't mean to rain on the parade, I hope you can all continue with your break, I just wanted to rant how weak I am. Congratulations to those of you who can handle it!

Yours Truly,
A Scumbag of a Human Being

opt1c

Veteran
so i've really cut down on the amount i've been toking... no flower... dumped some bubble in the trash to keep from continuing to smoke it(don't worry it was the cooking grade stuff); still haven't cleaned all my pipes; i figure that's the next step.

having a couple ounces of kief around makes it really hard; going to start giving it away to friends... i've gone down from countless bowls a day to one or two... cold turkey doesn't work that well for me when it come to weed; i figure it's better to smoke a bowl than to catch an assault charge for road rage or something like that and if i get home at the end of the night drunk; well the willpower ain't around let me tell u that

feel like i'm making progress though

Opt1c u r making progress bro keep it up!! I havnt smoke in 3 months & I've been a daily toker since 2005! If I can do it so can u, jus slowly ease off it. I get randomly drug tested or I'd probably still be smoking! Lol. Three more months to go peace amigo green rasta

Feyd

sunshine in a bag
Veteran
not being able to grow where i currently live (should only be for another month or so) is hitting me hard financially.

i'm taking a break to save money. not that i just want to be able to have more disposable income, but i need all the money i can get right now. i need to start looking at what is actually a necessity and what i used to just say was to justify spending...

anyways, in a month or so everything will be straight, and then a little bit after that i wont have to spend hundreds upon hundreds of dollars a month to get high...

i used to justify my smoking by it being the only thing that would really mitigate depression, but to be honest it just contributed to it moreso than anything.

so here's to a break, and other people taking a break with me.

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Still goin strong. Not sure how many days in, but I know I'm past the halfway mark. Been alot easier than expected. Made it thru a harvest and a birthday with no smoke.

I think the toughest days are right around the corner. I have to work a few days with some hardcore smokers that I've been smokin with for years. I haven't been around much smoke in the last month, so we'll see how it goes.

Good luck to all yall!!

MARLO

Joeski

good to hear marlo!... ive been away working interstate.. proud to say i havent touched the stuff for about a month now.. clearling my head out has been great.... i return home in a few days.. i got some freshly harvested buds and really cant wait to get the smoke on.. im thinkin i needa restrict it to the nights tho.. cause when im smokin all day everyday im really not the most productive person... good luck to the rest of yall

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Marlo you gonna celebrate when you chop the new ones though haha...you gonna have a fucking nice selection better get some 12 pack ball jars..

Me i havent quit in for ever...smokin bubba bumpin smoke dza..

Easygrowing

Veteran
Nope Marlo

Your not alone´--i brake to,now it,s 14 days without smoking,have smoking every day in about 23 years-before i tooked the first break ever,it was 1.5 year,s break....but started again..now i dont seen any problem,s without-only it can be difficult to sleep-but it,s not an seriosly problems.for me,i feel better now,just smoking in the afternoon,after the dinner.

Before i just smoked for smoked,and dont want to,make a stand-ohh what should i do and so on...there is many other thing to do,instead just smoking,and it,s taste and feeling better,then i smoking less.starting go to sport or having some kind of interest it,s a good help..knowing other people,there is not smoking,can be good also...i want to smoked,to my oldernes-but so i have to take it easy,or the lungs or other things going wrong.

It,s good for the body and many other things,my opnion..

Just relax dont think to much over,how many days and so on.mabye only smoking in afternoon,and you dont has to smoked,so much to feeling stoned..

But a good tread-best whishes and so on to your all-not to be better than other-but we have to be carefull if we will be oldernes and so on-respect for every thing-and the life and so on-sorry my bad English-cannot English-just trying..

Take it Easy and so on.sweet Cannadreams : - /

abitavenger

I have made the decision that when I'm at the bottom of my jar I'm going to take a break for a minimum of 2 weeks. If at the end of 2 weeks I decide to go longer then so be it. If not then I'm smoking! lol

Good luck everyone!

HOVAH2.0

I like sex when im high, but since i kick that bitch to the curb, it will make it easier to stop rollin up.

Its great to hear not smoking bud being a good thing....FROM A GROW SITE! I was begining to think constant smoking couldnt hurt me, now i realize i was wrong and i should control my addiction..

Thanks y'all
begin day 1

Floridian

Veteran
Quitting

Quitting

I went from smoking a pack and a half to about 10 a day.What I do is have one every two hours,pretty soon it will be evry three hours until I'm quit by the new year.I'm finishing up my 2 pm smoke as I write

Rob547

East Coast Grower
Veteran
Just returned from a 6 week break, longest in a long time. First 5 days or so weren't great but otherwise I could remember shit better and recall shit from the past randomly and actually got used to being mostly sober. I get a lot of weird dreams if I don't blaze though not a huge fan. Otherwise mostly just a boredom or chill with friends thing.

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
no smoking zones of the day is fantastic way to quit. when you gotta count the time in hours, you are still feeding the urge to smoke, just with different fix rates. you gotta block out the day to kill the reflexive periods where you count on the relief... i can't say more without having to crap.

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Congrats to anyone who has. I quit smoking 8 months ago, and have not looked back.. Tobacco that is

Floridian

Veteran
I have to laugh at myself when I look back to what I said in Sept.I'm still clean from nicotine since the first of the year,the cutting down takin it slow is a wish and a prayer.Just stop