What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DoobieDuck Captures Casey Dry Macros

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
First many thanks to all of you who took the time to comment and all the kind words..those really make my day.
Gypsy these were shot with an old lens reversed on an extension tube so the edges of the image are distorted, out of focus, because of the technique. If I could afford a high dollar lense it would remedy this, soon in the future I hope. I could crop out the out of focus section as well but it adds depth to the images so I don't. When shooting macro the depth of field is so shallow it is extremely hard to get one trich in focus and others just slightly further away will be completely out of focus. I'm still working on perfecting this daily, hourly, as we speak..so I hope to have even better images in the future. Thanks again every last one of you and Head Seeds. DD

I have the same setup as you do DD. I'm using a prime macro lens reversed on my Nikon D90. It's very difficult and time consuming. I love your pics and can't wait to see more.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you Dr. Dog and Phillthy..Hammerhead good luck with your set up, keep trying different things you;ll find one that works, DD