What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thread hijacking, trolling, and all out attacks. Enough is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would appreciate it if someone would finally do something about the thread located here: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=8064

It is a "~POST YOUR PIECE~ BONG-BUBBLER-VAPO" sticky thread which I am sure was meant as a general place to share some pics and welcome new folks to the forum. I myself was new not too long ago. I came here and my first post was in that thread. I was unaware that the thread was long hijacked by a group of glass afficianados. This thread is a sticky to allow any member to come, share a pic of any piece they may have (NOT JUST $$$$$ GLASS) and have fun. It is not supposed to be a place where these glass gurus bait, attack, and troll because they refuse to leave or make their own thread(s) unless they are given their own sub-forum section. And the moderator there, I believe his name is 10k, just deletes all the posts complaining about these attacks and lets it continue. Just posting a few times this afternoon I was graced with a few +rep from people afraid to speak up about it because they've had their posts deleted too! It is obvious that it is getting out of control. It's sad when dozens of posts are deleted daily because of these trolls. They think by taking over the thread they will eventually force the forum admins into creating their own section instead of having to have a glass advertiser pay for advertising in order to get it. It is complete BS.

I have been a moderator and ran numerous forums for many years. Never before have I seen such a perfect example of trolling and thread hijacking, and on top of it those who complain are having their posts deleted and its allowed to go on. Its insane. Mr. Tony and a few others are prime examples of these "trolls".

PLEASE...... Either give these guys a separate place to discuss glass (which I would not recommend, allowing this would be caving in to what they are presently trying to do by hijacking this thread) or force them to relocate to another thread. Or.... Ban them.

Perhaps they will get the hint. It is a shame it has come to this. If I were not invited here by friends I would have left in a heartbeat. I would have expected this from children on rollitup or other less professional sites.......

I'm just awestruck to why this has been allowed to continue for so long. Its mind boggling. By a moderator no less....

I anxiously await your response. Thank you very much for your time.

Mr. Tony

Veteran
Yeah! lets ban someone for trying to discus and provide information on a subject that couldn't relate more to what this site is about ( cannabis) than just about anything besides the plant.

Please troll elsewhere. You're not providing anything, you're attacking people. You're hijacking a thread which is OBVIOUSLY not a glass-only topic. It is supposed to be a sticky thread welcoming all users to post their favorite smoking accessories. NOT a place to be attacked if their contribution isnt a $300+ high end glass item. You're a troll. Your excuses are not valid. Get out of my thread, you're the problem. Not the solution. Good day to you.

Ribsauce

that thread is pretty ridiculous...almost like talking to a wall... i agree with what your saying completely Schiz... although i dont think anythings gonna happen just try to not post in or read the thread is my only advice haha

Oh I know..... but there is a difference between random trolling and what is going on here. And when people complain about the attacks or hijacking, THEIR posts are the ones removed and the hijacking is allowed to continue. Anyone with an IQ over three can easily start at the beginning of that thread and see it function as intended. Then compare to what is happening now. This cannot be argued. But I do agree with you, it happens everywhere you go. The difference is most people would see what is happening and stop it. I have NO idea how this was allowed to occur for so very long. All I can guess is the mod patrolling that particular thread may be a friend or also a glass guru of sorts....

that thread is pretty ridiculous...almost like talking to a wall... i agree with what your saying completely Schiz... although i dont think anythings gonna happen just try to not post in or read the thread is my only advice haha

One can only hope....... :yeahthats

Is your Avatar Bush eating a cat?

Yes. Evil Bush eats kittens. Pass it on. :laughing:

My usual animated avatar depicting the "king" blowing away ronald was too large to meet the criteria allowed.

140x87.gif

H

h^2 O

schizo basically there's nothing you can do to prevent yourself from being bigoted or ganged-up on because, if you haven't noticed, the "moderating" here is chaotic and ill-defined, to say the least. I think the majority of posts that are deleted are done so because the moderator who deleted the post was uneducated about the actual rules, and just possibly is not intelligent enough to make sound decisions - because it is a judgement call, and some people just have poor judgement.
Another thing you have to look out for are the parasites that cling to mods.

Mr. Tony

Veteran
Anyone with an IQ over three can easily start at the beginning of that thread and see it function as intended.

The thread is years old and has evolved.

Then compare to what is happening now. All I can guess is the mod patrolling that particular thread may be a friend or also a glass guru of sorts...

or maybe because unlike you along with my off topic posts I al teast post something worthwhile

JohnnyATL

Veteran
i think they need a subforum. There are people who like headie glass and people who dnt care and its causeing conflict. there are so many forums here. Why do they need to have a sponser

confused

schizo basically there's nothing you can do to prevent yourself from being bigoted or ganged-up on because, if you haven't noticed, the "moderating" here is chaotic and ill-defined, to say the least. I think the majority of posts that are deleted are done so because the moderator who deleted the post was uneducated about the actual rules, and just possibly is not intelligent enough to make sound decisions - because it is a judgement call, and some people just have poor judgement.
Another thing you have to look out for are the parasites that cling to mods.

h^2 0: You were breaking the rules even today (#7 I think). I mean who begs for people to send him free seeds? You even deleted your own post after I pointed out it was unattractive to be a beggar. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=122783

Schizophrenic: The world is rough and tough. This is a cannabis forum, not real life. We all lose on the internet.

I don't think a new subforum is needed, people just need to show manners.

Schiz posted an interesting pipe, a design I had never seen before, and commented that he enjoyed it.

Then rude comments were made about it (as they often are in that thread).

Seriously, showing basic manners should not be that difficult.

This isnt about me. It happens to anyone in there. Hell, its the same 5 people talking now, thats it. Everyone else is afraid to post their piece because they know they will be blasted for it.

Mr. Tony

Veteran
I don't think a new subforum is needed, people just need to show manners.

Schiz posted an interesting pipe, a design I had never seen before, and commented that he enjoyed it.

Then rude comments were made about it (as they often are in that thread).

Seriously, showing basic manners should not be that difficult.

yes and when i posted my insight all i got back was a bitch whine.

Please troll elsewhere. You're not providing anything, you're attacking people. You're hijacking a thread which is OBVIOUSLY not a glass-only topic. It is supposed to be a sticky thread welcoming all users to post their favorite smoking accessories. NOT a place to be attacked if their contribution isnt a $300+ high end glass item. You're a troll. Your excuses are not valid. Get out of my thread, you're the problem. Not the solution. Good day to you.

In case you missed it.

This isnt about me. It happens to anyone in there.

Yea, I agree - was just using you as the most recent example.

Thanks for speaking up on this, I'm sure there are many people who felt the same but were silent (myself included).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts