What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Monster cropping - regeneration question

borntoinsulate

Hi all
I stumbled upon monster cropping - taking cuttings from a flowering plant - due to unfortunate circumstances and I love it. If you've never done it - it'cool. The plants regerate themselves and they grow all deformed for the first few weeks. The leaves dont look typical. Then the plants start to grow normal after a few weeks. I cant tell if theres any advatage yield wise. But what i like about it is that it creates multiple tops without any help. I have a 4 week old monster cropped clone right now that 6" tall and it already has 6 tops. So in the past I vegged monster cropped clones for 5 or 6 weeks. The regeneration process seems to make everything take a little longer. The plant finalky looks "normal" and then i flip it.
My question is what if I flip the plant early - before the regeneration process is completed? What if I flip it while it still has the "funny" leaves?
Im going to try one day as I'm super curious to what it would do. I just wanted to see if anyone did it before or if they had a prediction.
Thanks in advance
Will

madalasatori

Veteran
I can't answer your question but the reason I don't like monster cropping is that it's resulted in loads and loads of small buds which are an absolute nightmare to trim

Desert Hydro

Veteran
the funkiness wont go away but it will eventually stop. gonna trim them all off anyways so i wouldnt worry about it.

these were all accidentally monstercropped, long story..... worked out in my favor. about week 3+ right now.

Attachments

• IMG_20171103_214041.jpg
    IMG_20171103_214041.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20171028_172059.jpg
    IMG_20171028_172059.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 54

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
If you throw them into bud during a reveg with funny leaves, they make funny buds. The plant is confused.

This year we had a big problem. I made a cross about 5 or 6 years ago. I've done about 175 to 200 crosses so far, but this one is my favorite. I never released it. My son, exwife and I keep it.my sons plant wouldn't clone this year, and my ex lost hers while she was working in humboldt. I had to take my one copy that was budding outdoors, pull it inside. It's a mess. I will use it for a mother. I always bud them much later when they return to about normal, otherwise I'll get a bunch of weird popcorn shit.

If you throw them into bud during a reveg with funny leaves, they make funny buds. The plant is confused.

This year we had a big problem. I made a cross about 5 or 6 years ago. I've done about 175 to 200 crosses so far, but this one is my favorite. I never released it. My son, exwife and I keep it.my sons plant wouldn't clone this year, and my ex lost hers while she was working in humboldt. I had to take my one copy that was budding outdoors, pull it inside. It's a mess. I will use it for a mother. I always bud them much later when they return to about normal, otherwise I'll get a bunch of weird popcorn shit.

That weird popcorn shit is exactly what connoisseurs should be breeding for, not dense nugs.

The more trichomes exposed to sunlight - the more potent.

I wonder how different the high would be of a monstercropped popcorned plant vs a regularly grown one?

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
That weird popcorn shit is exactly what connoisseurs should be breeding for, not dense nugs.

The more trichomes exposed to sunlight - the more potent.

I wonder how different the high would be of a monstercropped popcorned plant vs a regularly grown one?

I gave the popcorn buds to the cleaners. It wasn't good.

This is what my plant looks like when its grown right. It can drop you with one bong hit
picture.php

Big downside for me is the time it takes to reveg. It’s not a quick job.
Definitely a last resort but an effective one if that’s all you got.

BC32

Depending on your growing style and typical length of flowering, you can do this and have it be perfect timing to go into the flower room when the generation before finishes.
If you don't mind extra pruning and training your plants, it can be done successfully and turn out just as good. Just my experience though.

A

arkansas1

three of my small clones showed signs of flowering when i let the light schedule get off a bit (accidentally). i switched to 24 hrs and they re-vegged, but it has taken around two months to get them ready for flowering.

not sure what to expect, but i did a lot of "prune and bush", like seven rounds. one is in a 30 qt tote and the other two are in 17 gal buckets.

i went ahead and started new seeds, not into the monster crop thing. will post the results if anyone is interested.

the strain is from greenpoint in colorado. stardawg x bodhi goji.

Attachments

• monster3.jpg
    monster3.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 32
A

arkansas1

you can see the 'monster crop' effect in the extra growth, the 'suckers' as they are often called.

Latest posts

Latest posts