What's new

2 300 watt led panels. test run. 3x3

C

cheddacat

Im gonna post throughout this whole grow to show you all what I can do with these 2 apollo 300 watt panels. If it compares to my 600 hps I will be happy. I hear the led will give a better product with a little less yield. Thats just what I hear so I decided to find out for myself.
Today I put 7 plants in their final pots and supercropped them all. Im gonna give them two or three weeks more of veg to fill the canopy. There are 3 5 gallon smartpots, and 4 3 gallon smartpots. All are Afghan Kusk X Yumbolt.
Pro terra soilless.
Technaflora nutrients.
440 cfm exhaust running two tents. The other tent is my hps perpetual.
Here are the first pics of this led grow with many more to come.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Budderball

I was thinking about running 2 of these for my next grow, so I'm very interested in the results.

Also, I'm pretty sure these lights only use ~180 actual watts. 2 of them would output 360 watts. So I think this light setup would be more comparable to a 400 watt hps in terms of yield. If you could achieve results similar to a 600w hps, with only 360 watts, I'd be very impressed.

Either way, good luck to you.

C

cheddacat

Doe anybody have an approximate idea on avg.yield with these or comparable lights compared to a 600. Just curious what the led bud is all about. Is it fluffier? Better looking? Better tasting? Whats the deal with your experiences.

N

newtothiscoco

hello cheddacat the tent are looking great :) can i ask why did you place the light's at that ankel and not just with the end's out to the dore :) or cant led's make hot'spots ?

C

cheddacat

I can see Jesus in my pot plant. Can you?

I dont know if leds create hot spots but im guessing I can put them 2 -4 inches away from tops without a problem. I have them at about 20 inches right now though because im trying to stretch them out a little bit. Im shooting for the even full canopy with tons of smaller top nugs instead of a few tops. After flip I will trim off the lower third like usual and watch my nuggets swell. This pheno I have blows up quick.
I hang the lights on v enter tent bar with a single nylon strap. With the way the lights are designed they are held up in the center with 4 links to each corner. They just naturally moved to that angle and I am fine with that so I left it like that. The leds have a certain angle they are on so I dont know if my way is the proper way or not but it works.
picture.php

C

cheddacat

I like to throw them pics out for everybody to look at.

I like to throw them pics out for everybody to look at.

This is a medman rockstar shot. I havent been keeping track of days on it and only had one in a 2 liter of this pheno. Picked early and not the keeper. I got the keeper for life but this aint it. So after 6 days hang dry this shit is fire. Great flavor.
picture.php
picture.php

C

cheddacat

hey budderball

hey budderball

You are right they are around 180 watts. Havent checked with a meter. But I think and hope that with all the different spectrums the plants just go apeshit and grow wild . It is a whole different environment than the hps but a healthy plant is a healthy plant and these may even surpass hps because of the spectrums.
picture.php
we will see.

C

cheddacat

I made a switch for a bigger plant I had so now the numbers are 4 5 gallons and 3 3gallons. Also moved the lights to 12 inches for the push. The big mama
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
is only 3 weeks in. 3 or 4 months veg.

C

cheddacat

I went ahead and added two more plants in gallon plastic growbags to completely cover every inch of ground space. I have a runt in a five gallon in the front. Ive seen with this pheno runts produce some beatuful buds. The canopy starting to fill in and the main stalks are thickening up . Not sure of when im flipping yet. But xmas day is my limit. Maybe tomorow? When the time comes I will know I guess.
picture.php
picture.php

C

cheddacat

flip mode

flip mode

6 am starts the first 12 hour dark period for these. The countdown begins. Im gonna take a wild guess of 12 oz. Of prime bud. Dont wish me luck. Wish me weight.
picture.php
picture.php

C

cheddacat

Much props for that single freebie . Afghan kush x Yumbolt.

Much props for that single freebie . Afghan kush x Yumbolt.

A week and a half in. All is healthy. Happy holidays to everyone . Enjoy my grow. Cause I sure do!
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Flipped through your thread, you had a couple questions

as to

1. led distance from canopy... especially when the panel consists of multiple individual nm diodes, you need to be ~ 12-18" above so they can blend before hitting the plants

1a. Also intensity of diodes plays a HUGE role on distance. High Intensity diodes, as used by Amare Technologies, has a similar intensity to 1000w hps when measuring the umoles/m^/sec at 24"

2. The reason why people experience somewhat smaller harvests and airier buds with most leds is due to much less intensity= umoles/m^/sec

I just harvested 4 indicas from under 2 Solar Spec 150s and about to go dark on 2 sats under a SS 260 (260w). The buds are fatter than the same strains grown under a BML SPYDR 600 led (~340w)- similar or fatter buds but with ~ 25% less wattage!

Intensity rules