What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help me name my new puppy!

What's up IC? Last night, I brought home our newest family member. I was prepared to bring home a male... but after discussions with the breeder, settled for a female.

Here she is, a beautiful 2 1/2 mo old rottweiler. Fresh out of the kennels of one of the top rottweiler breeders in the world. Selected for my faith in their breeding program of breeding dogs with the right temperament to be around my son. These are bred on German standards (much higher than American standards IMO) and have the proper temperament for me to feel confident with such a large dog around my son.

Lk86fZ4.jpg

8BaDLyt.jpg

I selected the runt as she had the most focus and drive... the most aim to please out of the available puppies. Physically, if she wasn't so small right now, she'd be 'show quality', perfect bone structure, coat, markings... everything. And by so small, I mean she's just ~2lbs smaller than average.

I had the pleasure of meeting her parents (and grandparents... and saw pictures of her great grandparents AND great-great grandparents) who were as solid as any dog I ever saw. They also brought in another "runt" they had.... a female who grew to be 95lbs.....

So she has an official "registered" name, but I'm here looking for a 'call name.' Due to privacy concerns I won't be mentioning her registered name as a quick google pulls up too much information. Her registered name must begin with an O (as she's part of the "O" litter) and the call name is whatever we want it to be. I'm allowed to change the registered name for a short period of time (which I will) I'm mostly looking for a good call name. Hadn't even considered female ones as I've never owned a bitch before.

Female rottie names. Let's have 'em... and keep in mind, this is a FAMILY dog. My son turns 1 this month, this is his birthday present and companion.

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Nice looking puppy you got there. She has a nice square head and nice ears.

The German Rotties, are really nice, took a look at some pics and it looks like they breed for really blocky heads, my favorite traits in a dog.

BlueBlazer

What were we talking about?
Veteran
That is a cute puppy. :biggrin:

German bred eh? Maybe Gretchen? I had a Dachshund named Gretchen. Good luck with your search.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
precious looking pup Erb.......

Schatz means sweetheart in German,
Schatzy makes for a good dog name.

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Congrats! I have a new pup on the way too.

Here's my 'O' names:

Ophelia
Olive/Olivia
Olympia
Orlee

Have fun!

Hey guys thanks for all of your input! I was hard pressed to find a name that I liked (I'm super indecisive!) so I left it entirely up to my female. I've never been able to choose a name, it's just something so permanent, I guess? I didn't help choose a name for my son, nor did I name any of my pets (I changed neither my former dog (RIP) and cats name - Muttley and Bella) when I adopted them.

Sam (Samantha) is her call name. We haven't really discussed her registered name but there are a few here that I like so I'll bring that up tonight with her.

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
That little girl has focus and drive huh? Well how about Raina then..it means mighty, and even though she's the runt she looks like she's going to be special. Are you ready for 2 years of destruction?? Lol, your patience will be tested.

Tokabee?

Tokabee?

There is an obscure mythological creature in Korea known as a Tokabee. In it's purest form, it is a mischievous spirit that protects the household. Sort of like the little red "Draig Goch" dragons that protect households in Wales, but a bit more mischievous. Who spilled the milk? Tokabee! Who hid grandmother's false teeth? Tokabee! In the end though, Tokabee is loyal and protects the children while they sleep.

Few Korean Americans have heard the word and even fewer know it's original meaning. Most have been told that it is an evil boggy-man type character who will get them if they don't obey their parents. That is about as opposite from the original definition as is possible.

In any case, I stumbled across the word a few years ago while looking for a name for one of my Newfoundland pups. Seemed to suit him. Always mischievous, he now weighs over 170 lb. He is definitely the protector of the household.

nukklehead

I always like naming after mythological gods --zeuss, apollo, athena,

or american indian names.. nokomis, cherokeee, kewanee,Mika

she sure is cute!!:biggrin:

RetroGrow

Veteran
ALBY FUCT HAD A DOG NAMED =GANJA

Canine stoners????
And when the undercover police in the park hear you calling her, "Ganja, here!", they think you are selling weed......:)
I hear that in Australia, dogs chase their tails in the opposite direction....counterclockwise.....:)

Latest posts

Latest posts