What's new

Retirement

Jhhnn

Veteran
Today is the day, my last day with my employer of many years. I'm only going in to finish off the paperwork & collect my belongings, reminisce at a little whoop-ti-doo in my honor.

It feels good, but mostly it feels weird. That stupid fucking job has been my anchor for a very long time, a truly strange love/ hate relationship. No more dealing with idiot managers, no more trying to make things better in the face of all that. What little I've been allowed to accomplish in that regard wasn't for lack of trying, and I did manage to do more than most. In certain respects, I have to humble myself & accept defeat to walk away.

When people ask me why I'm doing it, I joke that my only choices are to retire or go Postal, which might be a little closer to the truth than I'd like.

Later on this afternoon, I'm coming home, getting really ripped with the nice new bong my wife bought me as a retirement gift.

It's a new beginning, a chance at a whole different life, one I haven't really planned much at all. When coworkers ask me what I'm going to do, I answer "Not this." OTOH, I don't intend to let the Grim Reaper catch me sitting on my ass, either.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just think ..... now ya have alot more time to dedicate to the garden & enjoying the the more liesurely things in life !!! :biggrin:

my only advice would be .... find a hobby so ya don't wind up driving the wife crazy .... BTDT lol
get yerself a nice bike & explore that beautiful part of the country you live in !!! never been there , but here the northern parts of the state are gorgeous !!!

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
Congratulations, it is quite the accomplishment.

Stay active and try to keep your mind sharp. There is nothing worse then seeing a person retire then turn to a bucket of mush.

Enjoy your new found freedom :joint:

supermanlives

Veteran
you aint retired your just allowing more free time for growing. growing can be work too. but ooh what fun when all is well. enjoy man .DAVESNOTHERE

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
Retirement ..... when my life got some sense:dance013: ..... got a good grow going and steady income from that, all the weed I could ever want:plant grow:

If I want anything I just buy it, fuck I ain't gonna grow out of it:dance:

My ex work 'colleagues' when they ask what I do, my reply is simple ...... Anything I fucking want:wahey::wahey:

Good Luck mate

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
retirement is bittersweet. especially if you've not planned for it. good luck.
the trick to enjoying it is do things you love to do.
it's a bit difficult finding things to occupy yourself consistantly so don't force things.

all the things of interest are soon digested and you'll find yourself looking for new horizons. so excercise patience and break often.

reading is perfect for retirees.
never let your mind idle lest your hands forget.
there is always something to learn and learning is always exciting.

...and lends more time for the ICMag experience...

congratulations on completing your assignment!

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
welcome to the real world... the rest of U'r life, may the new beginning, bring...
wishes, wisdom, and weed

OLDproLg

Veteran
Perfectly said^^my man,LOVE LIFE!!!

For its yours now......im retired an happy to be,
NOT WORKIN hehehe!!!!

except on my plants waaaaaaaa!!!
gotta LOVE IT,just wait you'l see....
Lg

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
love, life, and livin with mom...do it get any mo bettah that that...well, mebbe a girlfriend...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...gotta try something different once in a while 'eh...

StayHigh149

I'm jealous. For real!!!
I'm geniunely happy for u.
I feel as if I'm gwan loose my mind at my job but trying to maintain until I can walk away also.

If I could find a place that I could live on 2k per month, i would walk away from an employer now (or as soon as I can sell my house).

A terrible day in retirement is better than a great day at work...anytime!!

atk7

Congrats on reaching retirement ! Time to work on only the things you want to do, and if that brings in a little cash even better, if it doesn't, at the very least it was your choice, your own schedule , your own pace, and don't even need to explain it to anyone if you don't want to. That is living. it is a New skill to learn to do a little differently. Have fun! Wish I was to that point but have just a little further to go. Are You past the "it just feels like I am on a long vacation stage" yet?

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
I retired more than 2 years ago due to the health of my wife...she's since passed and now I have a life to lead alone...I'm far busier now than when I had my own binniz with 33 employees...I need a calender to schedule my days...between the gym, working my dog, my garden, and my hobby of restoring old cars there's no time to get in trouble...enjoy what you've earned bro...

gobbler3447

Retired, after 37 years of business, was a holder of many jobs but only one employer. The first two years, i got alot done. grew fair weed. then a friend asked if I wanted to help him, paid cash, @ $20/hr. Ran into another friend of a friend and started trimming for him paid in good kind bud, sometimes as much as a lb. mostly 10-12 ozs. When his 5 daughters graduated from college, he shut down his Operation, and now we share whatever we grow on our own outdoors like real farmers, too old to sell, but will trade to female friends.....Understand?

Piel

Veteran
I´ve been offered semi-disability (50% work) due to medical issues but I´m not sure yet, I´ll be 55 this year so the age is pretty close but still...I like my job (most of the time).