What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Making small batches of Cannabis Oil

The Green Horne

Any opinions on this video or this method of making 1oz worth of cannabis oil? Should she have decarbed it before hand? Is it wise or unwise to freeze the Everclear solvent and starting material separately and then place starting material in oven for decarbing before the 2 washes? Is clorophyl that much of an issue to have to freeze starting prod? This will be made for someone who has no cannabis history but will be starting this medicine as an alternative to chemo meds that no longer work. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sGWxz0DMSI

TheCleanGame

Veteran
I've used ethanol to make RSO quite a few times... I think I'm pretty much done with that.

Not only are there fire hazards, the resulting oil is difficult to digest and I believe that oil ends up getting wasted that way.

These days I take hash made the ice or dry-ice way and turn it into Canna Pills.
It takes a little bit more equipment initially... but the more batches you make, the cheaper everything gets. Not having to buy ethanol is a big plus as it's not cheap.

You can make the end pills any strength you want by varying the amount of oat flour you add.

You also don't need to make pills and can just suck the hash/olive-oil solution back into a syringe when it's cooled and dispense it that way.

The oil allows the cannabinoids to be rapidly absorbed into your system with no waste.

Keep it Clean! :D

Flying Goat

Why not try it and see if you like it. When I was having a LOT of pain due to 3 neck fractures, 6 fractured in t-spine, and 2 lumbar fractures, not to mention assorted others... (think getting hit by a drunk in a 3/4 ton truck while on horseback)... it sure helped me out a lot.

I like the speed and convenience & never had any issues with digestability.

I also like to infuse the "leftover" herb into coconut oil for baking & general cooking (including stirfries)...

Another option is glycerine extraction, which makes a lovely absolute amber... Yummy stuff.

If you do the above with coconut oil extraction & then filter well, you can easily make suppositories for patients who cannot tolerate much food/meds due to vomiting or sensitive stomachs. I used to barf a lot when I had constant migraines, and this was what I had to do for them... <Never mind that I was smoking papaver dried leaf as well, it got me off the OxyContin my docs had me on.> When you can't keep anything down, with the coconut oil method (chill it & roll into little balls & shove them up yer ass) you can medicate & cut the pain enough to be able to eat without throwing up due to vagus nerve reflex, etc.

I rinse all my tools off with Everclear (or homemade white lightning, if I have some around), and then save that in a big jug. To this, I add isopropyl wintergreen alcohol, and a number of essential oils like lavender, rosemary, thyme, eucalyptus & peppermint. DO NOT DRINK THIS - IT IS POISONOUS. But it is a helluva great arthritis rub for any painful joints.

Take it from an old bitch with a lotta broken bones... Been there, done that. It works.

Hope this helps.

Ultimate blessings.

nattynattygurrl

Natalie J. Puffington
Veteran
Really helpful information guys! :)
A big thank you to both TheCleanGame and FlyingGoat for your contributions not only to this thread, but several others in this forum as well!! :flowers2:
Take good care of one another!

Piel

Veteran
I did RSO today exactly according the recipe and got 6ml of oil from 57gr of bud extracted with 750ml ethanol. Scrubbed the pan with bud so that should be a wild ride in itself. I was a bit messy...

TheCleanGame

Veteran
Cool beans! :D

Can't wait to do a 'cancer' run of Harlequin oil... to see once and for all how much of my autistic issues can be permanently fixed and which will always require daily medication.

I'll be sure to post the results. LOL

Keep it Clean! :D