What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CBD seeds for Seedbay, would you be interested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenery

Hello all fellow canna lovers,
my last grow I grew out one of my CBD outdoor mix fem seeds from CBD Crew. I pollinated her with two males, couple branches with Kumaoni landrace from RSC Seeds and the main father was Vitality (made by Mr. Alkaline and Elevator Man) male from S_a_H F2's mother number 1.

CBD mother

Vitality father Kumaoni father

I am no breeder and did not select from a large number of plants, but the main reason for this grow was to make these seeds that i could then offer to people that would have a good use for the CBD in these plants. Now, my understanding is that when a plant with roughly 1:1 THC/CBD ratio (my CBD plant should be like that) is crossed to mostly THC strain (the Vitality and Kumaoni males, even if the Kumaoni being a landrace should have some higher levels of CBD too) the offspring should express the 1:2:1 ratios. That would mean that 2 of 4 seeds would be around half and half THC/CBD plants, 1 of 4 would be all CBD and 1 in 4 would retain mostly THC profile.
I am not absolutely sure if this is right, so anyone with a better understanding of how the alleles combine please set this straight.
As an avid smoker for the last decade of my life I have felt the difference of the CBD plants i have grown and smoked lately, so in this aspect I can vouch for the high CBD content. The smells are lime, some grapefruit as well, buds are very dense and small, you can check my signature or the strain guide.
The Vitality male was my most vigorous plant, red stems and great rose smell, wider leaves in this mostly sativa strain. The Kumaoni male was very citrusy smelling and very vigorous as well.

My question is if there would be some of you interested to get these seeds from Seedbay? I would probably make packs by 10 and put them as icmag fundraising, $5 per pack.

Thanks for your comments and opinions, please post here any questions you have.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hiya,,jenery ,,thats a very kind thing that your doing and hats off to you for "having your heart in the right place" and i bet there are lots of people out there who could benefit from your beans,,my runs are sorted way into 2014 but good luck with this endeavor,,nice one,,peace and regards 944s2:tiphat:

C

chazz michaels

It's a good idea, although, I don't think it is necessarily that easy to create high CBD plants. I'm not sure why though, either.
I think if you crossed a high CBD male with a high CBD female it would work a little better.

I was looking to make some high CBD crosses for myself and was told it isn't as easy as it would seem, but i'm not sure. :)

Mikenite69

Veteran
Well that's a great thing you did there hey atleast you are trying to look out for patients and people with ailments not looking to get high and actually benefit from high cbd strains if I had money in my seedbay account right now I would buy some packs off you so maybe I'll have to send some money in because sometimes when my ankle heel and knee act up from a motorcycle accident I love smoking straight Indicas never tried high cbd but would love to try some because sometimes those Indicas will have you high in the sky so would be nice to get medicated without such a strong high. Well I applaud you for what you did/tried to do to incorporate the strains you made well if you send them in I'll have to put money into my account to grab some. When will these be posted for sale so this way I can get the money in there on time. Thanks mike.

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
i would be interested. i know several people that don't smoke that could benefit. i could make a tincture or oil for topical use for swelling from arthritis.

i'll buy a pack if they go up :tiphat:

C

chazz michaels

I didn't mean to sound negative in my post, I would buy some if they actually did have high CBD in the offspring.
I'm just not sure if that would be the case? It would be good if it was. :)

Good luck.

fungzyme

I think you'd only get the 1:2:1 ratio if you cross a equal percentage CBD/THC plant with another plant that has equal percentages of CBD and THC. If you cross it with a high THC plant you should still get something like a 1:1 ratio of [CBD/THC plants] and [high THC] plants.
Theoretically...

C

chazz michaels

So you think that crossing any of the 'CBD Crew's' 1:1 THC:CBD with another plant you would get 50% similar offspring?

I read that somehow it doesn't work the same as creating an autoflower, for example?

I am interested to hear knowledgeable peoples thoughts?

Thanks.

fungzyme

So you think that crossing any of the 'CBD Crew's' 1:1 THC:CBD with another plant you would get 50% similar offspring?

I read that somehow it doesn't work the same as creating an autoflower, for example?

I am interested to hear knowledgeable peoples thoughts?

Thanks.

No not really - that's why I hedged with 'theoretically' as it does seem to be a little more complex than simple Mendelian dominant/recessive charting. Other factors influence the final outcome. And keep in mind that even the CBD Crew's offerings only average out to 1:1. I believe they can range from 0.5 to 2 (ratiowise) on either side. I think the simple ratios can be useful to breed toward a desired range, but still it's about the hunt for a certain individual plant within that population and then cloning the hell out of that plant - at this point. A year or two down the line, who knows?

OGShush

I'd definitely be interested, I really like popping stuff that other members have worked on. I know there's Cannatonic cuts floating around this state, but I'd waaaay rather get a pack of something unique and take a gamble. It's half the fun as far as I'm concerned, count me in.

dociron

Yes,, I would be very interested, I have severe arthritis, and could really use some good medicine!! :thank you:

danut

Don't assume that because a grandmother had high CBD, this one does also.

Get it tested. Be sure it actually has CBD before claiming that it does.

A persons life can depend on a accurate claim.

C

chazz michaels

I think the 'CBD Crew' seeds are supposed to be guaranteed to have some level of CBD, but I don't know how it gets passed onto different generations?

danut

I think the 'CBD Crew' seeds are supposed to be guaranteed to have some level of CBD, but I don't know how it gets passed onto different generations?

It's very difficult to stabilize the seeds so that only high CBD plants are produced. Most of the time there is a wide variety of cannabinoid ratios. With MOST NOT having the high CBD desired.

The ONLY way to know is to test in a lab.

You would do the community and yourself a great disservice to sell seeds that didn't produce CBD at all.

C

chazz michaels

I was reading a thread about it somewhere and I think Chimera said he was present when they were testing the CBD Crew strains and that they were all indeed high in CBD (for what it's worth) ....

It seemed like a good endorsement from someone who is supposed to be a leader in the field, and who was talking about someone elses brand?

But, I don't know?

jenery

Hello all, thank you so much for your interest, i will try to send these seeds soon. Here they are, 80 CBDxKumaoni and around 200 CBDxVitality.

Now just to clarify my intentions, i do not claim to know what the real cannabinoid or terpenoid content these seed will grow up to produce, unfortunately cannot even test them. The few answers I was able to find lead me to believe that at least some of the progeny should have about even ratio of THC/CBD cannabinoids and hopefully still over the 5% content of cannabinoids the CBD Crew tests show for their strains. I would not like people to think that each plant of my cross will have high cbd content, but I want to help other personal growers that are willing to experiment while looking for the perfect medicine for their various ailments.

CBD from my winter grow

picture.php

View image in gallery

:thank you: all again for your posts, will write more about the Vitality and Kumaoni fathers later

jenery

CBD crosses sent to Clarence

CBD crosses sent to Clarence

Hello everybody, just wanted to let you know i have sent the seeds to Seedbay. There is 7 packs of CBDxKumaoni and 23 packs of CBDxVitality, 10 seeds per pack. Will try to update when they put them for sale, should be the IC Mag server fund raiser.

Here is the Vitality male, very stretchy but wider leaves

and the Kumaoni father, very citrusy smell, very vigorous with lots of side branches when lst'd

:thank you: and hopefully those of you that would like the seeds will be able to get them

Status
Not open for further replies.