What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Opera Mini for phones & tablets!

Skip

Veteran
I have tried at least half a dozen browsers on my tablet, and finally found one that works great!

Opera mini, is a stripped down browser for tablets and phones that runs faster than anything else I've tried. It doesn't try to take too much control of your device either, like the standard Opera browser which didn't let my tablet sleep at all (and no way to control that behavior).

One great feature is that it lets you go back to the last page instantly. Most browsers I found for tablets would reload the previous page again, taking lots of time.

So far I've had no problems with this browser, which is more than I can say for any of the others. Even Firefox sucked on my tablet as it was always restarting.

Check it out!

And for just browsing this site, there's Tapatalk if you haven't already got it. It's a downloadable app (costs only $2.99 on Amazon - I think) that lets you browse the forums without any ads. It's really stripped down to the basics and doesn't show other parts of the site.

tea_is_back

pot°grapher
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey skip:wave:
i agree. i use tapatalk and opera mini for a while and it's great on ipad or iphone. the best apps for mobile surfing and icmag'ing:)