What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hey fever

GreenClouds

Hi buddys... :wave:
I asked this question before but probably in the wrong section (now they are making fun of me there). So back to the question... can you get negative effected from smoking Mary Jane when you got hey fever? I get running/ itching eyes och sneezing etc. When drying it... but will it have any effects when smoking it?

Stay healthy

Grow Tech

I've got a stalk of sinsemilla growing in my back
Veteran
Hi buddys... :wave:
I asked this question before but probably in the wrong section (now they are making fun of me there). So back to the question... can you get negative effected from smoking Mary Jane when you got hey fever? I get running/ itching eyes och sneezing etc. When drying it... but will it have any effects when smoking it?

Stay healthy
Sounds like you need a caregiver to prepare edibles for you for which u will have to reimburse that caregiver. Apparently your system does not like being around raw cannabis.....which is unavoidable if you are growing or even if you are handling to prep for smoking...not to mention the undeniable fact that any smoke is an irritant on some level

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
I get allergies from tree pollen, grass and weeds in the spring, summer, and fall. For a long time I used edibles but they sort of gave me a hangover and made me listless the next day. I have been smoking for a while and have not noticed anything one way or another with the allergies. I do know a few people that have the allergies really bad and smoke would be bad for them. Luckily my allergies aren't too bad so smoke doesn't seem to affect me.

GreenClouds

Thanks for the shared information... Its not just the weed its similar Bombays case but mostly when hey & grass are cut and drying (lawn get cut etc), and probably pollen as well because I get issues in spring and beginning of the summer then decreases from there.

Bombaycat... do you know what syndromes your friend gets when he smoke it? Is it the usually ones like sneezing, itching eyes and throat. I don´t get these effects when smoking it but my eyes feels weird, so was not sure if it could be hey fever that did that.

Stay healthy

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
He has allergies so bad that he can't tell the differance when he smokes or not. In the spring with the pink crabapple trees he gets allergies so bad he looks like something my cat dragged in. He is taking the shots and it helps. At the moment I have a really stinky plant sitting in the bedroom sill (Southern exposure) and it makes my eyes feel really funny. It is not bad enough to move the plant. Sometimes when I smoke I get stuffed up but I was guessing it was a bit of PM from all the flooding here in colorado right at finishing time. My neighbor notices nothing and dispensary weed doesn't do it to me.

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
female cannabis flowers generally have no pollen, so no hayfever. does not preclude other allergies as have already been mentioned though. pesticides, molds, neem oils, etc.

justpassnthru

Veteran
I have asthma/allergies/hay fever and use cottonmouth strains to dry it up and help me breathe, as well as, drying up the secretions of hay fever.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/23082-marijuana-treatment-asthma/

Marijuana As a Treatment for Asthma
Last Updated: Aug 16, 2013 | By Jerry Shaw

The use of marijuana as a treatment for asthma has many advocates and opponents, because research on humans and lab animals shows possible benefits in some people but adverse effects in others. Marijuana has a tendency to intensify physical responses and psychological feelings, bringing about varied results among different people. There may be short-term benefits but long-term difficulties when asthmatics smoke marijuana. But many experts believe more research is necessary.
History

Eight people with asthma were induced with bronchial spasms through chemical inhalation in some sessions and bicycle exercise on other sessions, according to a study published in the American Review of Respiratory Disease in 1975. The subjects receiving placebo marijuana had a gradual recovery during 30 to 60 minutes. The people who received actual marijuana recovered immediately, reported the researchers from the Division of Pulmonary Disease, Department of Medicine, at the UCLA School of Medicine in Los Angeles.
Consequences

Dr. Donald P. Tashkin, a participant in that study, later stated in the Monaldi Archives for Chest Disease publication in June 2005 that THC, the primary active ingredient in marijuana, may cause modest short-term expansion of the air passages. But regular use of marijuana may lead to long-term consequences such as chronic cough and possible airway inflammation.Rats

In a March 1999 report titled "Marijuana and Medicine: Assessing the Science Base," the Institute of Medicine in Washington, D.C., stated that marijuana damage has been seen in some animal studies but not in others. Various species showed signs of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) when given doses of marijuana. But rats exposed to increasing doses of marijuana smoke for one year showed no signs of COPD. Rats exposed to tobacco smoke did. The Institute did not reach any final conclusions.
Combination Smokers who use marijuana and tobacco are more than twice as likely than nonsmokers to get respiratory disease and almost three times more likely to contract COPD, according to a study published in the April 14, 2009, issue of the Canadian Medical Association Journal.
Surprise

However, the same study found that smoking only marijuana was not associated with an increased risk of respiratory symptoms or COPD. The team from the Vancouver Burden of Obstructive Lung Disease Research Group in British Columbia, Canada, studied a random sample of 878 people ages 40 and over living in Vancouver. They then compared their history of marijuana and tobacco intake with its relationship to respiratory disorders.
Warning

Although marijuana smoking alone did not appear to be associated with respiratory disease, researchers suggest that marijuana use be mentioned in anti-smoking campaigns--especially for those people using both marijuana and tobacco

Asthma Symptoms

:tree:

Piel

Veteran
I used to have hay fever but age cured me. The resin from MJ makes my hands itch like hell so I use gloves to avoid that when handling. Edibles might me a solution.

justpassnthru

Veteran
I used to have hay fever but age cured me. The resin from MJ makes my hands itch like hell so I use gloves to avoid that when handling. Edibles might me a solution.

You may prefer the edibles for medication and still enjoy a good tasting strain for tokin'! jpt

Its ussualy the terpenes which are causing problems in fresh or dried cannabis. In example, one of our clients can not touch cannabis flowers but can smoke them with no deliterious effect. Due to the combustion (burning) of the terpenes they change chemical structure and commonly no longer cause allergic reactions. Unfortunately, in some cases they become carcinogens. So yeah. Unless treating something like asthma it might be better just to use edibles, or when puffing always use a grinder and wash hands immediately after contact with herbal material (i.e. before you rub your eyes or any other mucous membrane).

Nacc.

stickshift

I was under the impression that oxidized limonene terp when in contact with someone who suffers dermatitis (a contact skin allergy) is the cause of the reaction? so if you suffer with hay fever or such like in the 1st place, you will most likely suffer a reaction to plants via touching both the live plant and through oxidized buds.....

Latest posts

Latest posts