What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

African photo thread

Hi everyone, I thought I would make a thread for all you African and non African :wave: growers of African strains to post pics of the genetics you guys grow. It will be interesting to see all the different African strains being grown out there.

So come on guys let's see what you got growing! :canabis:

I'll start of with some Africans I've grown and growing.

DP

Purple Aids male

DP male

Swazi

More Swazi’s

Malawi Gold

Regards everyone :rasta:

ahortator

Veteran
Hello African Herbman
Your pictures looks really great, sadly I don´t have any African strain.

Greetings

Thanks for the kind words bro!
Good taste man, that Swazi red (or rooibaard as it's usually known here) is also my personal favourite. But it seems to very hard to come across the real deal here though, well at least for me anyway.

Those girls look beautiful man, would love to see some bud shots...:canabis:

RubbaDub

Hi African Herbsman,

Thanks for the lovely pics! Are your strains from any particular seedbank, or directly from southern africa?

lowridersa

Looking great there AH, lovely thread, I will post some pics soon and try and get some more, African bud shots yeahhh. Your swazi AH, did you grow that indoors, was it from local seeds?

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Malawi Gold Cross

Malawi Gold Cross

OK if I show a cross? These are AfroPips Malawi Gold X Hollands Hope..I call MalawiHope...very spicy and Sativa in structure..very much like the Malawi Gold mom..the HH beefed up the buds some as Malawi Gold were more airy...sorry I no longer have her pics loaded..nice thread..DD

Last edited:
RubbaDub said:
Hi African Herbsman,

Thanks for the lovely pics! Are your strains from any particular seedbank, or directly from southern africa?

Thanks RubbaDub. No, none are from seedbanks, all from local stuff here in SA.

lowridersa said:
Looking great there AH, lovely thread, I will post some pics soon and try and get some more, African bud shots yeahhh. Your swazi AH, did you grow that indoors, was it from local seeds?

Thanks Lowridersa, good to see you mate. Looking forward to your pics…
Yea, that Swazi was from local seeds and was grown indoors under fluoro tubes.

Doobieduck, that Malawihope looks great! Those hairs are amazing man, so orange. How’s the high, more indi sativa?
Cheers

lowridersa

doobieduck said:
OK if I show a cross? These are AfroPips Malawi Gold X Hollands Hope..I call MalawiHope...very spicy and Sativa in structure..very much like the Malawi Gold mom..the HH beefed up the buds some as Malawi Gold were more airy...sorry I no longer have her pics loaded..nice thread..DD

Holy moly, that is some damn good looking bud.

Some pics of african hybrids:

Swazi x Skunk

Nigerian 99 ( NIgerian x cinderalla 99 ) afropips.com

Malawi

Made some cobs out of this plant, the cobs were great and made by a local who had done it before, they came out very solid and damn good smoke. I am sure I can say the strongest I have smoked, or possibly the one of the most memorable.

Malawi ready to be smoked.

Swazi

This I have bent in two places to give a more stealth grow on my balcony.

Head shot:

Credits:

Some sativa net candy.

Last edited:
Beatifull pics lowrider! That Nigerian 99 turned out very nicely man. Love that long cola on your Swazi x skunk.

That last pic looks very familiar, where is it from?

Will post some more african pics soon, just been bussy lately,
regards everyone, Ah. :rasta:

RAGGA MON

MAKE A TING
Veteran
Scored some tit stuff in Knysna and grew this from one of the seeds.
14884DSC00830.jpg

14884DSC00850.jpg

lowridersa

Scored some tit stuff in Knysna
Really looks like some kickass deep south sativa, niceeeee.

AH thank you, the nigerian 99 was possibly the most memorable smoke I have ever had. Well spotted. The last two plants were taken of a sativa about 3 metres up in the northen suburbs of JHB, by a fellow grower who does not use the net, well soon will be using the net, and grows throughout the year outside. He is a funny guy, with lots of stories from around the world and is very intersting to listen to. Her names his plants according to their characteristics and cross breeds strains with names such as southern lights, zuma, bbb ( billybudbud), the plants are wack man, grown beautifully and all shapes, sizes and colours.
Check it out, when I get time i will put names to plants, in time.

http://forum.weed.co.za/album_cat.php?cat_id=97&user_id=3

lowridersa, sounds like a cool guy. Thanks for the link, some of those plants look really nice. Are they all the same strain in the link?

Here's some pics.
Not pure, but half african. fem DPxSkunk

And here's my Purple Aids male just before being put indoors again to re-veg. He is coming along nicely under 24hour lighting.

Cheers

MapleMonk

really nice thread !!!i always like to hear about traditional strains....i´ve been growing the powerplant -DP (DP: Powerplant (mostly Sativa) was developed by us in 1997 from new South African genetics. This strain has been inbred only, never hybridised)
for sure not a pure sativa but a nice plant .