What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Slovenian Laws on growing weed

willyA

Hi, I live in Slovenia now, but don't speak the language yet.
A very good friend, a student from Russia, on holiday there now, they found 5 weed plants in his flat and a few newly starting baby plants. He is scared to death now what the consequenses can be :spank:, refused to return in this country ? :angrymod: Or deported later ? Russia is Europe, but not EU. Will he be treated different than EU country citizens ?
Can anyone help me to find out ? Thanks

i'm not sure how i can help you, but i can briefly introduce you 2 different 'rules' (196 and 197)
we have a very funny goverment, the law is written the same for all drougs. doesn't matter if cannabis or heroine. the law is the same.

196 is about production and traffic. in other words growing plants and dealing stuff. the maximum what you can get is 1-10 years in prison (depending on your 'history'). but if you didn't have any such problems in our country, you most probably get a probation for couple of months.
there is no written rule about personal use, so in theory it doesn't matter if you have 1 or 1000 plants. in real life there is a difference. if the plants were small and not many of them, you can say that it was for your personal use. if there was a lot of material, they will say that you intended to sale that.

197 is about smoking with other people. if you role a joint and smoke it together with one of your friends (or you let them smoke in your place), you can get max 3months to 5 years. if the person you were smoking with is under 18 or there is more people involved, the max you can get is 1-10 years of prison.

so they will probably examine some people that they saw comming into your house and asking them if they ever bought weed from you or if you ever rolled a joint that you smoked with them.

so, the law is quite bad for growers/smokers. but in real life the police are quite superficial and make a lot of mistakes during the process. if you get yourself a lawyer, he will find that mistakes that they made and the examination will be dropped. i think the best thing to do is to go to the lawyer and talk to him about that. there are a lot of people getting busted, almost every day, but i think no first-timer goes to jail. our jails are overfilled with other 'real' criminals, so there is not much space for growers that got busted the first time.

i'm not sure how they treat with people from foreign countries, i'm sure the lawyer will know the answer.

Last edited:

XyZ

Trichomnia
ICMag Donor
Veteran
willyA said:
Hi, I live in Slovenia now, but don't speak the language yet.
A very good friend, a student from Russia, on holiday there now, they found 5 weed plants in his flat and a few newly starting baby plants. He is scared to death now what the consequenses can be :spank:, refused to return in this country ? :angrymod: Or deported later ? Russia is Europe, but not EU. Will he be treated different than EU country citizens ?
Can anyone help me to find out ? Thanks

"He is scared to death now what the consequenses can be"

~this is already his biggest punishment :wink:
...lol he wont go to jail for 5 weeds or so
i know a guy who was busted with 27 BIG plants and he is still "outdoor" :D
take it easy & grow again

Last edited:

willyA

Thanks for responding guys. Yeah, I am that opinion also. But he is not scared to death to go to jail. He wont go to jail for that. We are here not in a liberal country like Holland. He is Russian and break the law in a 'guest' country. When he got refused on his return or kicked out later, all his studies here, the money his parents paid for that, his life f*cked up + the loss of the respect of his family, which is there quite a different issue than in the west.
That is why we try to find out what his chances are and if they really would do that.
Maybe there is one around who has an experience with that.

willyA

We don't know yet, probably house owner was tipped by a neighbour or something. Just me and other (good) friend knew about it. It wil be cleared up on his return soon now.

krk

Does anyone know the current Laws in croatia? They seem to change all the time.. My croatian is broken at best and each summer all I hear is...bad things?