What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What I'm up too at the moment.

GGNo2

Imo that's probably a calcium deficiency with some K toxicity possibly.

I dont rate canna nutes, never liked em. Biobizz is much better it seems to me..

Possibly your environment is slightly helping the Ca def if the VPD isn't great for chunks of time. :2cents:

Yup that was my reckoning before, calcium. I still got it when I tried using calcium supplements for it though while I was trying to end it with previous grows. I had it every grow for a year.
At one point I thought it was some sort of fungus so I chucked out and brought brand new everything. Still the same.

Like I say I started using biobizz and stopped mucking around with pH and the spots went away. I wish I had stuck with bb for this grow. Was a big gamble as I had never used canna before.
I'm just working with what was given

GGNo2

I figured the problem last night. I measured pH of tap water and it came to 9.4 pH. I know our tap water is more like 7. The pH meter needed calibration. I did it 3 weeks ago last.

superx

Veteran
Glad you figured that out mate. Try to keep on top of the calibrating I like to tune my own one every 10-12 days for good accuracy. This way they have lasted me years.

GGNo2

Glad you figured that out mate. Try to keep on top of the calibrating I like to tune my own one every 10-12 days for good accuracy. This way they have lasted me years.

Yeah lesson learned fella. I thought you only did it like once a month or something. I will calibrate it each week now just to be sure.
I think I'm gonna tell matey that next round I want to use biobizz again. I spent a few years with it and got it perfect, especially with this clone.
I would feed it 70% of recommended all the way through to week 5 of flower then bump it up full strength and my plants loved it.

I can't be bothered learning all over again especially with the hydro he has his heart set on.
HE'S got no choice but to go with what I say, he can't grow, he can't hack watering with me any longer than half hour before he runs off moaning he's too hot and his back hurts while I soldier on.

I'm doing this for a 20% cut and four of the plants. I feel I'm being way under paid lol. I've done all the watering for the past month. He just goes in there when he gets home from the office and sends me a message telling me how well I'm doing.

superx

Veteran
Hows tricks mate, hope all is Rosie in the garden.

I have noticed a big drop in temps the last few nights myself, lights off temps are as low as 15c. Stuck another oil filled rad in there and got them up to a acceptable `18-19c at pot level.

Take it easy...

GGNo2

Hows tricks mate, hope all is Rosie in the garden.

I have noticed a big drop in temps the last few nights myself, lights off temps are as low as 15c. Stuck another oil filled rad in there and got them up to a acceptable `18-19c at pot level.

Take it easy...

Yeah today I got a low reading of 12c at lights off. Can't do anymore to change it either. Got 2 more oil rads myself but literally no room to insert them.
I am still drawing air from outside though so maybe take the ducting and draw the air from inside the shed is my only option. I am extracting through the roof so should be OK.

I got a better pH meter. I was for the last 2 weeks at least eating the plants with something around the 3.5ph mark with my calculations of what the last stick was reading.
Put it this way. To get the level of 5.8-6.0 I was using around 15ml of pH down. I'm now using 4-5ml to get that level.
Plants have some fucked fan leaves but from what I can tell bud development hasn't been affected too much.

Ive got to make a visit tomorrow so I will snap some photos.

superx

Veteran
Yea mate using that much PH down should of set the alarm bells ringing.
Make sure and keep your metre calibrated and buy some PH storage solution for it, A few drops on the inside of the cap will stop the probe from drying out and any gunk or build up of dead salts.

Would be great if you could get those temps up as well mate somehow, I would try and warm that air up from the inlet. Have you thought of using those tube heaters inside the ducting?

GGNo2

Yea mate using that much PH down should of set the alarm bells ringing.
Make sure and keep your metre calibrated and buy some PH storage solution for it, A few drops on the inside of the cap will stop the probe from drying out and any gunk or build up of dead salts.

Would be great if you could get those temps up as well mate somehow, I would try and warm that air up from the inlet. Have you thought of using those tube heaters inside the ducting?

Yeah should have set the alarms off but it was the canna organic pH down so I thought it had something to do with it being organic. Plus I'm just not used to using pH things. I used biobizz to avoid it all.
Ive got the buffers on the way, I am literally going to calibrate it after every use.
I do have the intake coming out behind a radiator to try heating the air up but I got that low temperature recorded yesterday because matey had to turn the fans and radiators off. He had the power company around changing his electric meter. So there was no heating for an hour or 2 he said.
Normally when I check the temps it's somewhere between 16-18c lights off with 25c highs.
Still not ideal I know.

I am doing better than the guys who taught me to grow though lol. They've just lost a big crop, it's at week 6 of flower and somebody got happy with some fertilisers and now there's talks of the crop only being good for making pollen.

superx

Veteran
Shit mate i feel for those guys at 6 weeks in, just when you see the light at the end of the tunnel and that happens, its always good to heed the old saying less is more.

We all feel the urge around that time to bump up the feed levels, no need to, especially when they look fine and dandy its always best to resist temptation. It also helps to learn to read your plants, i guess some people are convinced it will up there yields when all it will do is the opposite, it also helps having patience with your girls when every thing else is on Q.

Going up into the forest tomorrow to hunt out a xmas tree, bloody woman has been on my case the past few days about getting one, i keep telling her its to early.

Hope your keeping well G.

GGNo2

Shit mate i feel for those guys at 6 weeks in, just when you see the light at the end of the tunnel and that happens, its always good to heed the old saying less is more.

We all feel the urge around that time to bump up the feed levels, no need to, especially when they look fine and dandy its always best to resist temptation. It also helps to learn to read your plants, i guess some people are convinced it will up there yields when all it will do is the opposite, it also helps having patience with your girls when every thing else is on Q.

Going up into the forest tomorrow to hunt out a xmas tree, bloody woman has been on my case the past few days about getting one, i keep telling her its to early.

Hope your keeping well G.

I'm good fella thanks for asking, we don't put up Xmas decorations in our house. Me nor the woman are fans of the holiday. We spend time with family, give gifts and all that lala but we ain't in to it.
I don't celebrate my birthday either, there's all kinds of strange shit about me haha. Most times I forget how old I am.

Yeah what happened to them guys sucks but they do tend to chuck a lot of bottles at their plants. They get double the yields I do but it's never much good but they're only concerned with weight and that's where we differ.

I'm on week 7 now and they're getting close. The canna boost seems to have lived up to the hype. Expensive but has cut a week off at least.

GGNo2

The fan leaves are pretty ugly but the flowers are lovely, that was my fault for not keeping up with calibration.

superx

Veteran
Funny mate i avoid my own birthday, "well the partying side of it" i also slip up from time to time on my actual age, gets harder as the years go on, i can only put that down to the large amounts of toking for the best part of my days, people at times think i am lying about my age but the truth be told i just keep forgetting it. "fuck it, its only a number"

Only for the kids i could not give a flying turd about Christmas time, i can see where your coming from, there is nothing at all strange about that lol.

Very nice update mate, glad your on top of the PH it should not have any ill affect on the final outcome, if anything it looks like its going to be one hell of a harvest, once you keep on top of things.

Enjoy your weekend mate...

GGNo2

It's gonna be a Xmas crop
picture.php

superx

Veteran
That pic looks lovely G,

The santa sack is going to be brimming with buds my good man, cracking way to start the new year....

GGNo2

Well more is definitely not more lol. 65 oz of decent bud and I don't know how much crap there is because I'm not interested in it. I think it's going into butter to be frozen.

Going back to biobizz next time and 4 per light.
To be fair did struggle to keep temps above 16c at lights off and even with lights on it was never above 22c.
Had some pH issues my own fault. So all in all I should be happy with what I got but I'm disappointed with myself still. This works out at 1.6oz per plant. That's my lowest ever, this strain normally gives me 2.5 per plant.

Happy New year

GGNo2

Next cuts are ordered, stardawg, suicide cheese and jaffa caked cookies.
Installing another radiator and cleaning up and she be on with the next by February.