What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Happy Monday!
All is well here. I've had a great week or so since I've posted last. My test run on the snowboard went so well last weekend that I decided to head to Michigan's upper Peninsula for some more riding before the all the snow melts. I think I got the trip in just in time because there was far less than average snow over the season and its been very warm here and extending up there for a couple weeks. The conditions were great for spring boarding with temps close to 40 and full sun on the slopes. Somehow my old ass was able to ride for back to back days and since there were no lift lines I got maximum runs in and I didn't even injured myself. All and all I wasn't even sore except a little muscle soreness from using muscles that don't get much use otherwise.
In addition to my trip to to the UP I was able to see some live music last weekend. Saturday night was a local reggae band and Sunday was one of my favorite local jam bands called Earthmother. I hadn't seen any live music since Thanksgiving and it was high time.

pop_rocks. To be honest I'm not digging the new look here and I'm having a hard time navigating. Also my pics are gone and when I clicked on the pictures button on the thread its a bunch of random pics that don't have anything g to do with this thread. I hope that we can get our pics back and get things working right here. Im sure as I use things more ill figure out the interface better but there are a lot of people having issues with functionality.
As I mentioned the boarding went better than I could have dreamed. The new boots are so comfortable that I have no pain from riding, even back to back days. And my riding skills came right back I'm comfortable riding black diamond rated trails. But its almost 60 degrees today and going to be a warm week so time to put away the board for the year and get set for spring.
That's great news about your new cuts of wedding cake. I did sample some and it was really nice. The other strain strain was called garlic juice and was really good too.
I had a great weekend seeing the two bands and all the familiar faces at the shows.
I hope you got some hiking in over the weekend and had a great time.

​​​​
​​​

packerfan79

Veteran
What's up jungle mates,

I have to agree, the site is much harder to navigate. I was hoping that pics would be easier to upload from my phone. Doesn't look like that's the case.

Hope everyone is having a great start to the week . I'll be harvesting some wedding cake this weekend, definitely a favorite around here.

I picked up a pineapple kush clone from my buddy last week. She's supposed to be done in 47 days. As long as she's tasty and potent, she's going to be around my garden for some time.

GLG is giving away some auto seeds, I got in on it, always room for more seeds he he.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
happening p,man! hope you are doing good brother
a lot of people are having probelsm with their pics and stuff but we can only hope the work out the bugs and get us back to where we used to be
let us know how that cake smoke my man!
the pineapple kush sounds dank and if it has a good nose and a little punch to it that sounds like a keeper for sure
what kind of autos did you get? i am changing my mind about autos after growing out aridbuds afterthought autos
i grew out a few of his strains outdoors and they were all fat stinky plants
hope the fam is doing well and you keep kicking ass at work
/isnt the time change coming up?

thats great that you liked your new kit fiddy!
where did you stay when you went to the up; you must be really good to ride black diamond trails
hope you are enjoying the nice spring temps after all that cold weather you guys had this winter
i dont think we are out of the woods yet but its nice to have some sun and think about the nice weather to come
/i got a bad sun burn working in the garden the other day
me and the ex are planning a camping trip for a long weekend in the next couple weeks
i cant wait and will enjoy some time under the stars
way back in the day grew out a strain that was called garlic bud! most of my friend called it "stink'ass weed" but would smoke it like crazy because it was super strong
the hiking was super fun and we actually stumbled on to a couple kids making out
i tried to kick some rocks aruond to let the know we were coming down the trail and at about 10m i called out "hey, hows it going"
the little girl freaked the fuck out and hid her face and the boy just gave us a sheepish grin
i just kind of nodded and said carry on when we passed by

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey Pop,

The autos are from twenty 20 genetics . They just started releasing there first autos. It's called the great American Auto race. Pretty good marketing. I think its 4 assorted seeds. You should check it out. It's easy just 7 bucks for shipping.

I am hopeful the pineapple is good bud. I love some pineapple.

We just picked up a bunch of veggie seeds. It's about that time.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
what did you pick up for the veggie garden?
i just put in a bunch of beans and heirloom tomatoes
plus we have squash and egg plants in the ground too
yeah i like a good pineapple bud too and if you find this ones a keeper you scored big time
ill have to check out this brand of auto, do you know what four seeds you have, or at least an idea?
ive been ipressed with how far the autos have come from back int he day and hope you get some fire in those beans!

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey Pop Rocks,

I am not sure on the strains, they have 4 different strains. Pretty sure it's 2 seeds of 2 strains. I have had mixed results with autos the fastbuds were pretty good, the mephistos not so much. Could be operator error. I am going to use a autoflower super soil mix for those.

I got all the staples, squash, Zucchini, melons, jalapeños, bell peppers, cilantro, tomatoes, cucumbers, a few more I don't remember.

I am hoping the pineapple will be a winner. My buddy has a few packs of the pineapple, I need to get over there and check it out, I probably grab a pound while I'm there.

Fiddynut

Good afternoon jungle friends.

@packerfan. It looks like the upgrade is still ongoing because every day things seem a bit different. I can't find any of my old pics or a place to put new ones but I'm guessing that's something they are still working on. If the functionality is there ill figure out how to navigate the sight properly in time.
My week is off to a good start considering I've been off the last week having a great time and now getting back to reality. The wedding cake I had from Michigan was really nice, especially for dispensary bud. I think Michigan has a pretty good system.
Pineapple kush sounds great and you can't beat a quick finisher! Im looking forward to adding some new genetics to my collection but will probably wait until summer is over to try something new. I get so busy during summer it's hard to find time to work with extra plants.
I think the wife and I are going to do a veggie garden this summer but I always say I want to this time of year and then don't make it happen!

pop_rocks. Im beyond happy about how the boarding went. I would have never thought that I'd be able to ride without pain. It was just me going to the UP so I just stayed in a cheap hotel. I could have stayed right at the resort but it would have been pretty expensive and I don't need fancy. Im so tired after a full day of riding that I go out and get some dinner and a couple drinks and pretty much right to bed. I wouldn't say I'm the best snowboarder but I was really good back in the day and I can still handle myself. Im also pretty amazed at how quickly my skills came back after so long off the board.
Its like 65 degrees here and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it. Your right that was a rough 3 week stretch of cold we had and we deserve some nice weather. Its crazy how quickly the weather can change here.
Sunburns are a huge pain in the ass. After a long winter I always burn easy in the spring and early summer. I actually got a minor burn while I was snowboarding last week. All that sun reflecting of off the snow I'm lucky I didn't get burnt worse.
I hope you guys have a great time camping in the mountains! Get some nice fresh air and explore a bit. Maybe you'll meet up with some cool cats like last time!
The garlic juice bud wasn't as stinky as the name led me to believe it was. It was good and potent but not too loud.
Thats funny about the kiddies making out and how shy they are. I remember being young and that uncomfortable feeling. Im sure they got right back to it as soon as y'all were gone.

​​

​​​​​

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
that sounds like an awesome line up for the garden p'fan
a couple good zucchini /tomatoe plants will keep you hooked up all summer
do the kids like to help out in the yard? there is a lot to learn working the land and its a good chance to spend time together plus enjoy the fruits of all that hard work
the new autos sound interesting and i hope you are pleased with the grow
are you running them indoors or outside in the yard?
were you able to check out your buddies pineapple?

thats great that you had a good trip to the mountains and it all came back to youon the hill
kick ass man on your one man adventure and maybe you can get in another session before the season ends
i cant wait for our camping trip and im open to all the fun
we are also going to go on some nice hikes while up there so im putting in some miles to get the legs back in shape
it was funny the way the girl responded and i remember being young once and making out in the canyon
i know you are a busy guy but get out there and plant a garden my man! i dont know the layout of your yard, but it only takes a small space to grow some nice veggies
you could even grow in containers on the prtch if you dident want to get into the soil, its a great use for all that old indoor soil
what are your plans for the weekend? its raining today but im going to put in some more miles in the canyon once it stops

hope all our friends are having a great week and getting used to the new site!

Fiddynut

that sounds like an awesome line up for the garden p'fan
a couple good zucchini /tomatoe plants will keep you hooked up all summer
do the kids like to help out in the yard? there is a lot to learn working the land and its a good chance to spend time together plus enjoy the fruits of all that hard work
the new autos sound interesting and i hope you are pleased with the grow
are you running them indoors or outside in the yard?
were you able to check out your buddies pineapple?

thats great that you had a good trip to the mountains and it all came back to youon the hill
kick ass man on your one man adventure and maybe you can get in another session before the season ends
i cant wait for our camping trip and im open to all the fun
we are also going to go on some nice hikes while up there so im putting in some miles to get the legs back in shape
it was funny the way the girl responded and i remember being young once and making out in the canyon
i know you are a busy guy but get out there and plant a garden my man! i dont know the layout of your yard, but it only takes a small space to grow some nice veggies
you could even grow in containers on the prtch if you dident want to get into the soil, its a great use for all that old indoor soil
what are your plans for the weekend? its raining today but im going to put in some more miles in the canyon once it stops

hope all our friends are having a great week and getting used to the new site!

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
All in all it was such a great week between the boarding and the live music! Hopefully its just a taste of the great things to come brother. Just a week until st. Patty's day too! I remember all too well it was exactly one year ago on st. Patty's day that the stupid covid lockdown started here. Like right in the middle of the day when all the people were already at the bars celebrating they said everyone must shut down and gave them just a couple of hours before they were suppose to kick out all the customers on a Holliday. Stupid as it gets to shut things down in the middle of the day when there were people already drunk and I'm sure many drove home impaired. Should have given them 24 hours notice.
I'm sure you'll be in good shape for hiking when you get there and it never hurts to get some miles on to stay warmed up. I hope you get great weather for your trip!
It sure is funny to see those young kids acting so innocent. Its like she was expecting it to be her dad coming down the trail or something. Maybe they are telling the kiddys not t make out because of covid these days or something.
Last fall we split up and moved the giant rhubarb to the spot I was thinking of putting in a veg garden. There is still enough room for a few tomato and other plants in that spot and that's where I'm thinking of putting them. My wife even got some seeds off carrots and Brussels sprouts. I've tried potting in containers but it can get so hot and dry in mid summer that the pots dry out during the day and the plants wilt, even if I water right before work they are way too dry by the time I get home. I'd have to use a tub with water system like Rhodehazrd uses or maybe bury the pots but if I'm going to do that I might as well put them in the ground.
Its a little rainy here today too but nice and warm in the low 60's. I don't have any plans for the weekend but I'm sure something fun will come up.
What about you, any plans? Anything interesting on the menu lately?
​​​​​​.

​​​​​​

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
happening f'nut! hope your day is off toa great start
its raining hard here right now and is supposed to rain all the rest of the day
im glad i put in all that time in the yard this year because i can sit back now and just wait for things to grow
ill try and get a pic one of tehse days, if nothing else i would like a before pic of what it looked like during before spring
ive grown brussel sprouts before and wasnt too happy with the outcome
i got a few bulbs off the plants but not too much
do you guys eat the rhubarb? i think my mom grows that and she eats the leaf and stem part
you are right and we are nearing the one year aniversary of this whole covid thing
here in san diego we are still in the purple teir, the worst teir for covid cases
/i think they still ahve things locked down pretty tight but a lot of people are just saying f'it and going about thier life as usual
i think the way this whole covid thing has been handled is a joke and it shows how a lot of folks in power put their political ambition and partisan BS ahead of the public
i know a lot of places are back to normal and you can go out and eat and i think they even have movie theatres open in riverside county
/maybe p'fan can give us a run down of the rules up north
but i expect san diego to be full of covid for a bit longer than the rest of california
so this weekend, me and the mrs are going out to eat (grabbing take out and eatting it someplce fun, picnic style) and then goign to check out these book library things they have in a lot of neighborhoods
they are scout projects (girl/ boy scouts) where they build this little cabinet and the people donate books
i have a decent stack of books im going to share plaus i almost always find something i would like to read
hope you have a great day and wrap up your week nicely brother!

Fiddynut

happening f'nut! hope your day is off toa great start
its raining hard here right now and is supposed to rain all the rest of the day
im glad i put in all that time in the yard this year because i can sit back now and just wait for things to grow
ill try and get a pic one of tehse days, if nothing else i would like a before pic of what it looked like during before spring
ive grown brussel sprouts before and wasnt too happy with the outcome
i got a few bulbs off the plants but not too much
do you guys eat the rhubarb? i think my mom grows that and she eats the leaf and stem part
you are right and we are nearing the one year aniversary of this whole covid thing
here in san diego we are still in the purple teir, the worst teir for covid cases
/i think they still ahve things locked down pretty tight but a lot of people are just saying f'it and going about thier life as usual
i think the way this whole covid thing has been handled is a joke and it shows how a lot of folks in power put their political ambition and partisan BS ahead of the public
i know a lot of places are back to normal and you can go out and eat and i think they even have movie theatres open in riverside county
/maybe p'fan can give us a run down of the rules up north
but i expect san diego to be full of covid for a bit longer than the rest of california
so this weekend, me and the mrs are going out to eat (grabbing take out and eatting it someplce fun, picnic style) and then goign to check out these book library things they have in a lot of neighborhoods
they are scout projects (girl/ boy scouts) where they build this little cabinet and the people donate books
i have a decent stack of books im going to share plaus i almost always find something i would like to read
hope you have a great day and wrap up your week nicely brother!

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
So far so good here and I hope your day is going good too buddy! Its nice and sunny today but cooler at not quite 50 degrees. Weather forecast has a little snow in store for us on Monday but then back into the 50's by Wednesday. I hope we have a dry spring because its already going to take a long time for the mountain bike trails to dry from all the snow melting.
A before and after pic of your garden would be great to see. I hope all your hard work pays off and you get a bumper crop this year. It must be a great feeling to be able to watch the rain and know you've got all the hard work done and can see the results. Plus I'm guessing that your rainy season is just about over and you probably won't get much more help watering from mother nature this year. Do you have to hand water every day during summer?
I think my wife got the Brussels sprouts seeds because we eat a lot of them. I've never grown them before and ill have to do some research. I have done carrots before and ill get some tomato plants too. She also got pumpkin seeds but those need space to spread out so we might have to find another spot for them. We do eat the rhubarb. My wife makes a few really good rhubarb deserts including pie, rhubarb buckle and rhubarb crunch. Im not big on really sweet stuff so I like the rhubarb because its nice and sour and bitter.
I was reading that soon there will soon be an abundance of covid vaccine but its going to be different state by state. But the article said that sometime in April all states should have enough to start to vaccinate pretty much everyone. I know a lot of people who have had both doses already and the numbers are growing every day. It shouldn't be long before we can get back to normal. Im with you this has been an eye opening experience and has shown me just how terrible politics can be.
I hope you guys have a great picnic this weekend. You deserve it brother!
We have those book boxes here too! The seem affiliated with the local libraries. Its great to donate books for others to read once your done with them.
Have a great day!

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey Jungle mates,

I picked up a half of the pineapple, it's kinda strange some insist it's a sativa, others an indica. From the leaf structure I am leaning towards a sativa, which is great, because I get calls for sativa on occasion, and I like a variety.

The kids love working in the garden, we are going to add some amendments this weekend and start popping seeds. I need to mulch this time, hopefully I can cut down on the watering some. With food cost anything helps at this point.

The autos will be grown indoor, my yard is way to visible to the neighbors.

Hope everyone is finishing up the week strong.

Rodehazrd

Hey there Fiddy
good to see you here in the new jungle and who else but pop rocks and packer fan and I saw star crash came by hello and glad y’all found your way in . It was a slog through all the green on white and I think I remember the way back. I’m ready to get going making some more buds .
I finally got some RIL to a decent cure and one plant in particular a somewhat nld pheno was very delicious. All were nice but I think that was a cup winner. I plan to run the other vial this year to find a male to cross with Tony says the nld are glue leaners.
I hope I can see that in a boy.
So who’s up for haze this year? I for sure want to pop more of my BOZ bangi x Oaxaca’s zippolite and I have three KA5H just started fm ACE I hope I can do them justice. Also popped some freebies from Seedsman two wedding cake, two white widow and two critical purple kush. They’re in the flower room now but not showing much yet. I have one of my Vicie cuts in there too taking up half the space I’ll post up a pic when they get happy.
everybody enjoy your weekend and wear something orange .

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
happening rhode! good to see you
that sounds like an all star line up you got and i hope you find a good male
so what do you think of the new look? its different and the navigation and stuff dosent seem as intuitive
is your state still on covid lockdown (are you in the south east or the mid west?)
hope you and the fam are all doing well and ready for a great new year

what did you think of the smoke p'fan? did it have that sour sweet pine apple taste
i like the pineapple smoke but it usually isnt a heavy hitter so its great for day time smoking or when you just want to burn some weed but not end your day
thats great that the kids get into the garden, i hope everyone has a favorite veg that they will help grow and enjoy
what are you going to mulch wiht? here in san diego they give away free yard waste mulch but i like to use wood chips for ground cover
i also have a ton of hydroton that i used when i grew hydroponically that i use in containers outside but i think it might look weird to dress a whole bed with it
straw is cheap and works good too but fosters mice and other pests
hope you and the fam have a great weekend and enjoying the cold snap (did you guys get some rain this week?)

yeah fiddy, the rainy season is just about over, we dont get much free water after march/ or april
but i got the grond worked and the posts sunk so im pretty much done in the yard as far as the heavy lifting goes
just the usual weeding and tending the crops and hoping things grow
we usually water every day or two in the summer, i like to let the plants grow deep roots so they arent as succeptible to drought
pumpkin and squash can grow pretty big if you let them
the picnic might be off this weekend along with all the rest
i can only do so much and the rest is in her hands

hope everyone has a great weekend and looking forward to spring

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.
Happy Friday! I hope everyone is having a good week and finishing strong. Im hearing that Sunday might be the last time we have to change our clocks. I hope thats the case and I'm sure not the only one. I think I even heard that congress is making a bipartisan bill to stop the changes to the clock and its getting a lot of support from both sides of the isle. This might be the first time I've agreed with the politicians in a long, long while.

@packerfan. I love some variety too. Having a couple or more strains to alternate through keeps me higher than when I'm smoking on the same one all the time. I don't think I've tasted a truly pineapple flavor in weed but it sounds like something I'd be into.
That's great about your kids liking to work in the garden. They are learning a lot of great things like the value of hard work and how to produce their own food is a great skill as well! I remember working in the garden with my mom as a kid and I don't remember much from that long ago so they must be great memories.
Keep us posted on how those autos work out for you. I'd like to run another batch of autos someday but I'm not sure about running my big light for 18 hours a day.

Rodehazrd. Its great to hear from you as well! Im glad to hear that the RIL is going well and it sounds like its pretty exceptional in the one case. Im definitely going to be trying some more of Tony's genetics next time I pop some seeds. I hope you find a nice thin leaf male to cross to her. It sounds like you've got some nice variety and potential in this years lineup. I hope you find plenty of winners!
Its funny that you mention wearing orange with st. Patrick's day coming up. Im only a little bit Irish (maybe 10% or so) but a long time ago one of my distant Irish relatives told me to wear orange on st. Patty's day. I guess my Irish ancestors were protestant. Im not religious but I like to wear a little orange to show them respect.

pop_rocks. Im going to have a lot of weeding to do this summer. The place we are going to put the garden is really overgrown. And the spot where I'm thinking the pumpkin patch is going to go is as well. Maybe I could put down some landscape fabric or something like that and save myself some time.
I hope you get to do the picnic this weekend but if not I'm sure you'll find something else fun. I want to do some bbq since its been a while since I tasted something smokey. I also want to to work on my vinegar based sauce. Im sick of all the sweet bbq sauce up here and don't need the carbs. I've lost 15 pounds this year and need to keep on track.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
hey brother, hope you are having a great weekend
the more time you put in preparing the soil the less work you will have later down the line
landscape fabric is good ground cover, ot you can mulch ones youve cleared the ground
turn that soil up and if you have rocks get them out (we have super rocky soil here in socal)
a few days later you might see a bunch of unwanted stuff sprouting, but just turn the soil again (trying to break up the new growth and turn the roots to the sun)
a nice hommade bbq sauce sounds great
that next level shit right there brother and i hope you get your flavors just right
that is great that you have lost so much weight this year! i bet you feela lot better and have more energy, plus im sure your clothes fit different and you look better too
the picnic was called off and im back in the shit again with the ex
i dont know what to do and i think right now the smartest thing to do is just step back from the whoel thing
im pretty sad about it because we seemed to be doing well and moving in the right direction at one point
at some point you just have to ask yourself if the juice is worth the squeeze
hope you are enjoying the extra hour of daylight at the end of the day and have a great week!

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey guys,

That pineapple is a hit, I really like it. It has an overripe sweet, fruitiness. I hope I can do her justice. She's a little finicky, she doesn't like to much nitrogen.

I harvested the latest crop lastnight. Got the next round into flower. I am going to flower 2 pineapples also, they will go in to the flower cab once they get big enough to get a clone off of them. I run the kush cake, and wedding cake for 70 days so, I should have plenty of time to get the pineapple to size.

@Fiddynuts, sounds like you are all set for big return to the slopes come winter time.

​​​​​​​@ Pop Rocks you ain't joking about the cold snap this week. We got snow Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, only in the morning, and not enough to get excited about unfortunately.

Hope you guys have a great adventure. Your a little bit more brave camping in the cold. I wouldn't mind, but the wife ain't doing cold weather camping.

We just dropped down to the red tier here. Cases went from 1200 a day down the 400 last week, I think this shit is waning finally, now if we can just get the gubbermint to let go of the control. Considering Gruesome Newsom is being recalled, maybe they will get shit right for once.

Well no dice on the garden work this weekend. I can't find shit for amendments locally. I ordered some stuff from Amazon, thank God for free shipping on Amazon prime. Should be here by next weekend. I am going to pop the seeds today. I have 4 100 gallon smart pots and a few smaller planters I use, so the soil has some goodies from the last couple years,, I just pestered out towards the fall last year. I assume it's getting depleted. I got some earthworm castings,, humic s, rock dust, and a few other goodies to get the soil back in shape. My mom suggested a local compost, but when I used it before things got really thick and mucky, more like mud than soil. She has a big garden in the ground, maybe that's the difference.

@ Rodehazrd good to see you around.

Rodehazrd

7957DA35-BB3F-494E-9613-907788941766.jpeg

Attachments

• F9FF22A7-EE36-418F-9F53-052E3D623AF3.jpeg
    F9FF22A7-EE36-418F-9F53-052E3D623AF3.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 13