What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Final Flush

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Hello all, im bout ready to start the flush i was wondering how many waterings do you guys do to call it good? i water my plants every other day, was also wondering during your guy's final flush do you water every day? i hear of guys flushing for 7-10+ days but im not sure what they mean by that water daily for 7-10 or on your regular watering cycle?

W

willyweed

hiya ,you need to give more details to get the best possible answer ,because everybody does it different .like what size pots what medium what nutes or how you grew them all the best.ww

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
They were grown in soil that had all kinds of goodies in it in 15 gallon geo pots, nutes were maxsea, tea some maxibloom and last was granulated kool bloom. Grown doing light dep in a greenhouse. the plants started in hugo blocks and went right into the geo's

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
i was just wondering how many waters does a good flush take and if its daily. my shit is just about ready but it only got hit one time with filtered water since the last shot of kool bloom

Last edited:
W

willyweed

hiya ,i have grown in soil and used to give 7-10 days of plain water ,some say longer and some say not. i have read that the kool bloom can flavour the weed a bit ,so best flush it out for a bit longer .all the best .ww

JointOperation

ya i flush personally.. but it really depends.. .. if your plants are nice and healthy threw flower.. you should probably flush.. but its really all personal pref.. not enough REAL RESEARCH HAS BEEN DONE TO SAY FLUSHING DOES OR DOESNT DO ANYTHING..

and until someone does lab tests.. on the Smoke of unflushed vs flushed.. and the buds unflushed and flushed.. we wont be able to say.. its a must or not.. but i prefer it.. personally.. i think it also depends on your nutes.. organic vs chem.. i know some say u cant flush organic.. but u can sure deplete a plant of nitrogen.. helping to degrade the chlorophyll faster after chop..

but like i said.. theres no research behind it with labs. alot of people do side by sides. but still its not a really controlled experiment so i dont trust some growers advice on shit like that especially u see some of the people doing side by sides didnt even learn to grow healthy plants from the begining nevermind doing side by sides lol.. i did the tests myself and prefer flushed so ill continue to flush..

not saying that its the right way.. but its my way and so far..im not changing until its proven with lab tests.

well.. i guess that is also true that if you feed'em with seabird guano and later with bat guano.. you would be really happy to have maiden a good flush session .. unless you dont like the flavor of the shit in the weed :laughing:

2bags

I flush for 3 weeks, just plain water every watering (every other day).

I've found my flushed buds burns better and taste better than the same clone without a flush.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
thanks for the input guys, that was a main question should i stick to watering every other day or do it daily. i wasn't really sure and im not trying to overwater the plants. just need to get em out of there quick as possible and throw in new plants

Rainmaker

keep up with your normal watering regime...if that is every other day...then stick with it. I prefer at least 4-5 flushes on all crops...so that equates to an 8-10 day flush if watered every other...hope that helps

turbo14

Veteran
10 days in peat based medium if you are using mineral salts such as maxibloom and kool bloom.

turbo

Jaymer

Back-9-Guerrilla☠
Veteran
I try to flush at least once every two weeks, and then every 2-3 days before chopping.

Latest posts

Latest posts