What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VermiFire or Mendo Mix? 100 Gallon Smarties

turbo14

Veteran
Up high and dry climate at 9000ft elevation. With water retention in mind which one would you pick? Guys that are running this soil mix, what are you feeding along with?

turbo:tiphat:

turbo14

Veteran
Went with Vermifire! Got a few tester bags to play around with, this mix feels great for greenhouse pots.

Got 20 pallets coming soon:)

Gonna be hitting it with pretty much compost teas, both fungal and bacteria dominant, then a little base nutrient every once in a while.

turbo

fisher15

classy grass
Veteran
I was hesitant to recommend Vermifire, as it'll dry out pretty quickly..but it really grows some of the healthiest plants I've seen. Think you'll be stoked on it if you can throw enough water at them.

Go get em! That should fill a few 100's.

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
I was hesitant to recommend Vermifire, as it'll dry out pretty quickly..but it really grows some of the healthiest plants I've seen. Think you'll be stoked on it if you can throw enough water at them.

Go get em! That should fill a few 100's.

Fisher knows what's up. I had never used VermiFire until last year, and I really loved it. I hadn't grown in soil for years so I was hesitant to change it up.

It definitely drys out quickly but the plants look amazing in it. I don't think you'll regret it, assuming you have the water to satisfy their needs.

Best of Luck!

turbo14

Veteran
Right on guys!

Have any of you tried top dressing with an additional 30# bag of Earthworm Castings or Humisoil? Makes it retain quite a bit more on straight coco, I would imagine it would help a ton with the big ladies.

turbo

Iachdo

Vermifire has a good amount of both try adding a layer of mulch on top. Remember to keep it away from the stalk though. Also try getting circulating fans in there to lower the temp. I'm working with 200s of fire fluff and I'm watering every two days now. Highly recommend the fire we use the on the full terms and we don't start feeding til July