What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Democrats win a Trifecta: Cannabis Prohibition will end for NY in 2019

fatigues

Veteran
After last night, The Democrats now control both houses of the legislature as well as the office of the Governor in Albany in the new legislative session. This is only the third time since WWII that this complete control of state government for the Democrats has aligned in a trifecta.

Given the statements made by the Governor in his tussle with Cynthia Nixon in the primary run, and more importantly, the polls in favor of legalization in the state and nationally, it seems all but inevitable that the state of New York will introduce legislation to legalize recreational cannabis in the state next spring. Wall St. is very much in favor as well.

And with New York will, ultimately, go the rest of the northeast (not that there are many left!) and mid-Atlantic states. It's role as America's financial and it's other media capital will have a major impact on how legalization is reported on the news-- and that shapes national opinion, too. In New York, legalization will not be achieved through a ballot measure -- it will be effected through legislation.

This is now the end game for cannabis Prohibition.

Handlebar

And Albany just started they will stop arresting people for minimal amounts. Going the right way. Hoping they include growyourown so we don't still feel like criminals

led05

Chasing The Present
After last night, The Democrats now control both houses of the legislature as well as the office of the Governor in Albany in the new legislative session. This is only the third time since WWII that this complete control of state government for the Democrats has aligned in a trifecta.

Given the statements made by the Governor in his tussle with Cynthia Nixon in the primary run, and more importantly, the polls in favor of legalization in the state and nationally, it seems all but inevitable that the state of New York will introduce legislation to legalize recreational cannabis in the state next spring. Wall St. is very much in favor as well.

And with New York will, ultimately, go the rest of the northeast (not that there are many left!) and mid-Atlantic states. It's role as America's financial and it's other media capital will have a major impact on how legalization is reported on the news-- and that shapes national opinion, too. In New York, legalization will not be achieved through a ballot measure -- it will be effected through legislation.

This is now the end game for cannabis Prohibition.

good thing for them dems huh..........

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
And Albany just started they will stop arresting people for minimal amounts. Going the right way. Hoping they include growyourown so we don't still feel like criminals

And with bail reform,even if ya got busted ?
Fuck em,just grow!

igrowone

Veteran
NY in the form Cuomo is committed to legal cannabis this year
whatever the hell that means
the doors are closed and skullduggery is afoot no doubt

TrichomeDome420

Coronavirus may derail legalization this year which sucks. Cuomo was supposed to go on a "fact-finding" mission to legal states but it looks like it may get cancelled due to Covid-19. Some bullshit always happens. Hopefully they push the legislative session back and legalization happens this year! Its time!! If it doesn't happen this year, I'm taking my growing skills to a neighboring legal state so I can have a career doing what I love.

geneva_sativa

LOL, if anyone believes this shit,,, cuomo on fact finding mission,,,

more like fuct finding mission,,,

beacause anyone holding out hope that he will do the right thing, will find themselves fuct

led05

Chasing The Present
LOL, if anyone believes this shit,,, cuomo on fact finding mission,,,

more like fuct finding mission,,,

beacause anyone holding out hope that he will do the right thing, will find themselves fuct

isn't that the sad truth........ when he plated running for pressie in 2020 due to the cluster the field was, cannabis was plated too.... he's purely political, will use it in the future or until he's truly forced and made to capitulate.....He's a bumbling idiot, has a hard time stringing a sentence together past the 3rd grade reading comprehension level

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
A lifelong buddy of mine lives in the Catskills of New York...He was a teenager in the old Woodstock days..
He tells me things up there aren't so rosy.

So what happened NY?
When politicians get ahold of an issue, things never seem to turn out the way we expect them to..

igrowone

Veteran
right now pretty simple
virus, virus, and more virus - that's all that's getting done for the most part
now what we will see after, say in the fall session
legalization is inevitable, the state is going to need every dime it can lay its hands on
hoping there are some scraps for us little growers, such as a small plant count for home use

Latest posts

Latest posts