What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

root space in RDWC

bigbadbillybob

Hello there fellow hydro heads.
Ive a question for the knowledgable, and hope that someone can share the knowledge.
After a recent bust I'm starting over, and am undecided about what size totes to use for my DIY spraybar/ RDWC system.

I have previously used both 42 litre and 84 litre totes and to be honest never really noticed any discernible difference, other than the nutrients used in the bigger system being more stable, and using twice as much due to the volume increase.

Question is, other than keeping the nutrient EC and PH more stable, is there any real benefit to using bigger totes?

I know root mass will have an effect on the size of the plant, but I grew out a 28 ounce plant before in a 32 litre tote, so don't suppose I really need more than that, but would like to know other peoples experiences with different sized totes.

Maybe ive just answered my own question, I dunno.

I have no real concerns with the roots migrating down the return pipes, as I never had a problem with that before, alto I did have to turn my plants every few days in bloom with the smaller totes.

thanks for any help offered,
Keep it green

Latest posts

Latest posts