What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Rollin' logs - a new way to cure your weed

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
logroller, you are coming across as a selfrighteous prick instead of a patient teacher

please, tone it down and try to teach us, not be a condescending hardhead

otherwise, get used to us randomly poking fun of you and getting under your skin for kicks, or worse, getting yet another of your accounts banned.

marquee.moon

Tangwena posted this elsewhere and I came back to IC to take a look.

Log roller: I think you're doing great work and should be commended for stretching the boundaries of the curing process.

I feel sorry that you're being trolled.
The kind of response you're getting is why I don't visit forums like this anymore.
It reminds me of my 5 year old kid when I give him something new to eat and he says he doesn't like it even though he has no idea what it is or how great it can be. It's infantile.

We need someone here to design a miniature logroll device so the principle can be tried on smaller amounts. Call me chicken but I'm not ready for ruining a pound of buds before I find the right tuning

I found that you cannot possibly ruin the weed with this method. Even if you do "ruin" it, due to failure of the water drip while the barrel is unattended for example, causing the heat to get out of control, it doesn't actually ruin anything. The end result will be just as good, in a different way. Try it, you'll like it. :tiphat:

logroller, you are coming across as a selfrighteous prick instead of a patient teacher

So what? You're coming across as a whiner.

please, tone it down and try to teach us, not be a condescending hardhead

I already took the time to type out a step by step guide, with pictures, and also answered every question that was asked. What else do you want from me? To kiss your ass? To congratulate you on your closed-mindedness? Sorry, not happening.

otherwise, get used to us randomly poking fun of you and getting under your skin for kicks, or worse, getting yet another of your accounts banned.

LOL. Oh, the horror.

Ever noticed when reading through the best threads of this forum, half of the posters, often the ones making the best and most informative comments, are banned?

Just how long do you suppose you can keep up this "banning anyone who gets your panties in a twist" game before the majority of the talent ups and leaves this place for good?

Maybe it's already happened. Seems like all of the most innovative stuff these days is posted on IGrow and other sites these days.

I noticed an "ICMag refugees" sub-forum on another site with many names I used to know and love from this one. Many of them have racked up thousands of posts on that site since the sub-forum was created. Guess they were serious about jumping ship. I wonder why?

Tangwena posted this elsewhere and I came back to IC to take a look.

Log roller: I think you're doing great work and should be commended for stretching the boundaries of the curing process.

I feel sorry that you're being trolled.
The kind of response you're getting is why I don't visit forums like this anymore.
It reminds me of my 5 year old kid when I give him something new to eat and he says he doesn't like it even though he has no idea what it is or how great it can be. It's infantile.

It's really sad to see how closed minded people are. Weed growing is a lonely game, especially in 'flyover country', and it's nice to reach out and connect with people sometimes....but when your ideas go unappreciated and are just scoffed and laughed at, what's the point? This forum in particular seems filled full of smart asses who always have to invade every thread with their wise comments. ICMag used to be at the forefront of the weed game, but unfortunately a lot of good people have been driven away over the years. I wouldn't mind posting up this thread elsewhere also, if anyone knows a place where there is a more welcoming and imaginative audience. :tiphat:

Tangwena

Veteran
I posted all your info on another forum and it got the ideas flowing. One idea using solar power instead of gas to color the crop on site and press it before leaving the grow site.
You see what happens when you plant a seed in fertile soil.

Tangwena

Veteran
Its not cool to mention other forums in any open forum my friend.
You have to get a thick skin and deflect the naysayers.
I had my share when I first started the cob thread, dont worry if its a valid method it will carry on regardless.
If you open one good persons mind and give them some good info its worth the occasional ignorant comment.

EvergreenState

I tried a much easier method of putting my vac. sealed cobs in a dehydrator set at 115 degrees F. for about 3 hours and it got the cobs to sweat, which is the whole idea of this fermentation process. It's not nearly hot enough to decarb.
Boyd was talking about the look of the final product being a problem. My opinion is the marijuana community has placed way too much importance on superficial things. How does the bud look, how does it smell, how does it taste. All of those things are meaningless unless the experience of those pretty, sweet smelling and tasting buds is not deep. Not saying that those superficial priorities can't add to a good experience but in my mind they been elevated above the experience and to the detriment of the experience in many cases. There are a ton of strains that offer a pretty similar experience and honestly it ain't all that special or memorable after awhile, same old, same old.
I've been in many a dispensary listening to people judge pot on looks and smell, period. The pretty trimmed and pretty smelling is always rated as good and the stuff that has a little rough trim is considered bad. I guess when marijuana was turned into a business or an industry, we turned marijuana into just another product that had to look good on the display shelf.
I started practicing hatha yoga and meditation in the mid 70's and back then yoga was considered a spiritual pursuit. That is how it was used and taught, as it had been for centuries. After being in America for a few decades it has now become a thing for leotard wearing women to use to get a tight ass and perky tits. The meaning of the experience has been lost.
I feel the same way about marijuana. It used to be ALL about the experience. Nobody gave a shit what it looked like or smelled like. Now, many times, I see breeders describe their strains and all they talk about is the taste and smell. When I do smoke reports I'll mention taste and smells but only because people have now been conditioned to think that is important and they want to know but personally I could care less.
The thing I find most interesting about the cob method is that it is all about the EXPERIENCE. It is so refreshing to me because I feel like it is getting back to the whole point of marijuana and that is that it takes you to a new place. It's like travelling to a new country, a new city.
Boyd I think if you try the cob method and find it's something you enjoy, then you could give out small samples to people and let them try it. If they have a great experience with it, then they won't care about the looks. Unless of course they are totally superficial pot snobs; kind of like superficial wine snobs. If they are, then sell them your pretty buds that have a hint of cinnamon and coriander with a woody finish.
Honestly I find this whole marijuana industry, funny, pretentious, silly and tragic at the same time. The super marijuana stores that look like boutiques with their looking down their noses at, what they think, are the great unwashed and uneducated masses by such knowledgeable budtenders. Budtenders, it's all so silly and pretentious. Ever listen to "budtenders" talk? It's a comedy routine of wine snobbish pretention. In trying so hard to fit in and to become accepted by the mainstream, the marijuana community has become like the people marijuana smokers used to make fun of, the uptight, superficial assholes.
Marijuana used to be about the experience of getting HIGH. Now it's about the business of selling products that smell good, taste good and give you a narcotic, lazy stone bought on the recommendation of a BUDTENDER. Everytime I see that word I crack up. When you start saying that you are selling to CONSUMERS rather than to people, then you know that you been fully conditioned by the consumer culture. People are no longer human beings, they are things that consume products. Marijuana industry, you are almost there.

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
I tried a much easier method of putting my vac. sealed cobs in a dehydrator set at 115 degrees F. for about 3 hours and it got the cobs to sweat, which is the whole idea of this fermentation process. It's not nearly hot enough to decarb.
Boyd was talking about the look of the final product being a problem. My opinion is the marijuana community has placed way too much importance on superficial things. How does the bud look, how does it smell, how does it taste. All of those things are meaningless unless the experience of those pretty, sweet smelling and tasting buds is not deep. Not saying that those superficial priorities can't add to a good experience but in my mind they been elevated above the experience and to the detriment of the experience in many cases. There are a ton of strains that offer a pretty similar experience and honestly it ain't all that special or memorable after awhile, same old, same old.
I've been in many a dispensary listening to people judge pot on looks and smell, period. The pretty trimmed and pretty smelling is always rated as good and the stuff that has a little rough trim is considered bad. I guess when marijuana was turned into a business or an industry, we turned marijuana into just another product that had to look good on the display shelf.
I started practicing hatha yoga and meditation in the mid 70's and back then yoga was considered a spiritual pursuit. That is how it was used and taught, as it had been for centuries. After being in America for a few decades it has now become a thing for leotard wearing women to use to get a tight ass and perky tits. The meaning of the experience has been lost.
I feel the same way about marijuana. It used to be ALL about the experience. Nobody gave a shit what it looked like or smelled like. Now, many times, I see breeders describe their strains and all they talk about is the taste and smell. When I do smoke reports I'll mention taste and smells but only because people have now been conditioned to think that is important and they want to know but personally I could care less.
The thing I find most interesting about the cob method is that it is all about the EXPERIENCE. It is so refreshing to me because I feel like it is getting back to the whole point of marijuana and that is that it takes you to a new place. It's like travelling to a new country, a new city.
Boyd I think if you try the cob method and find it's something you enjoy, then you could give out small samples to people and let them try it. If they have a great experience with it, then they won't care about the looks. Unless of course they are totally superficial pot snobs; kind of like superficial wine snobs. If they are, then sell them your pretty buds that have a hint of cinnamon and coriander with a woody finish.
Honestly I find this whole marijuana industry, funny, pretentious, silly and tragic at the same time. The super marijuana stores that look like boutiques with their looking down their noses at, what they think, are the great unwashed and uneducated masses by such knowledgeable budtenders. Budtenders, it's all so silly and pretentious. Ever listen to "budtenders" talk? It's a comedy routine of wine snobbish pretention. In trying so hard to fit in and to become accepted by the mainstream, the marijuana community has become like the people marijuana smokers used to make fun of, the uptight, superficial assholes.
Marijuana used to be about the experience of getting HIGH. Now it's about the business of selling products that smell good, taste good and give you a narcotic, lazy stone bought on the recommendation of a BUDTENDER. Everytime I see that word I crack up. When you start saying that you are selling to CONSUMERS rather than to people, then you know that you been fully conditioned by the consumer culture. People are no longer human beings, they are things that consume products. Marijuana industry, you are almost there.

Welp Evergreen,

you are right in your observations, in my opinion, and im checking in here on my comments, because im fighting my internal battles and need to apologize for being a fucktwit. Im sorry, Log Roller, ive been passive agressive and judgemental to you and your thread and just need to let some of my habits go.

funny thing is ,its because ive recently began yoga and midfulness/meditation that im typing this. Im gonna let go of the whole "somone-is-wrong-on the-internet-so-I must(fill in the blank)" thing.

Im working on fixing me, thats all i can do, and well , it starts by righting my wrongs.
Im guilty of perpetuating the look and smell byline, and im guilty of smoking brickweed for 30+ years. its neither good or bad.
I have an ear of corn in my fridge ima use in a rcipe tonight.
Ima brush up on tangwenas thread this weekend and use those husks for something besides worm food.

and im gonna stop being the old me, and be a positive influence on my environment

I will Breathe In
and I will Breathe Out
I will have peace in my soul
and peace in my words
and peace in my heart
as often as i possibly can
from this moment forward

I cant control anything but Me
So that I will learn to do

Wheres Log Roller
Your threads been bumped...bro

Tangwena

Veteran
Nice post your life will get better from here spread the love brother the world will seem better for it.

No worries Boyd. I've been guilty of the same thing many times. Try cobbing, you'll love it! Tangwena is right, I should just chill out myself and let this thread play out in its own time.

As far as Evergreen's post above goes, there is nothing I could possibly add to it. Thank you for enriching this thread with that excellent post. I agree 100%.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
I'll have to try this.

In my experience, people grow gross cannabis. No offense, it's a fact. Go pick up 100 bags from 100 growers and your chances of finding quality is ridiculously low. Unless you've actually experienced extremely clean and well grown cannabis, you're handicapped in increasing your quality. Most people have a very narrow range of awareness, regarding the definition of quality cannabis.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
EvergreenState said:
Boyd was talking about the look of the final product being a problem. My opinion is the marijuana community has placed way too much importance on superficial things. How does the bud look, how does it smell, how does it taste. All of those things are meaningless unless the experience of those pretty, sweet smelling and tasting buds is deep. Not saying that those superficial priorities can't add to a good experience but in my mind they been elevated above the experience and to the detriment of the experience in many cases. There are a ton of strains that offer a pretty similar experience and honestly it ain't all that special or memorable after awhile, same old, same old.
See, this statement (and the one below) are why I have an issue with your viewpoint on "quality." Mediocre quality cannabis is mostly the same, with very little differences. This is due to the full terpene and cannabinoid expression being handicapped, through the actions of the grower. Exceptionally grown cannabis is unique and a treasure, packed with scents and flavors which drastically change the effects of the cannabinoid profile. It's an explosion of sensations, not some coughing, hot, poor flavored inhale. When you experience it, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. You'll look at what you're growing and say "If what I just smoked is cannabis, WTF have I been growing all these years??" (Yes, even when everyone around you already raves about your quality. You'll be personally disgusted with how poor it is. Caught me by complete surprise.)

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
EvergreenState said:
[/FONT]I've been in many a dispensary listening to people judge pot on looks and smell, period. The pretty trimmed and pretty smelling is always rated as good and the stuff that has a little rough trim is considered bad. I guess when marijuana was turned into a business or an industry, we turned marijuana into just another product that had to look good on the display shelf.
Very little quality in dispensaries. No disrespect at all, simply stating facts. Prohibition, poor grow designs, lack of awareness and more, are all working against commercial growers. Find me a dispensary which only sells cannabis grown without pesticides. I'll show you the beginnings of where to look for quality from a dispensary.

People are ignorant about cannabis. Prohibition made it this way. Live with it and help to make it better by expanding your awareness about cannabis. :) In the 30 years I've been using cannabis, I've come across better cannabis than mine once. I've spent nearly 10 years working on making my cannabis match their quality ever since. My wife says I've done it. ;)

Messing with it other drying it properly and popping it in a jar? I'll try it, but I feel like it's throwing beautiful flowers in the mud. *shrug* I have a harvest coming up in a few months. We'll see.
[/FONT]

H

HaHaHashish

Messing with it other drying it properly and popping it in a jar? I'll try it, but I feel like it's throwing beautiful flowers in the mud. *shrug* I have a harvest coming up in a few months. We'll see.

Just try it and maybe you will work out that it's the high that really matters, not looks or smell. I think part of the reason most smokers are now conditioned to focus on bag appeal and scents is that these are basically what differentiates most offerings today (that and potency) and the quality of the high is not even mentioned most of the time. In the 70's scents and bag appeal were not nearly as important as the quality of the high. Perhaps things will change back to where it was and we will see a trend towards long flowering strains that stimulate and delight for hours as opposed to strong, short lived, dumbed down high that many modern hybrids have.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training

Just try it and maybe you will work out that it's the high that really matters, not looks or smell.
This just tells me you haven't had really clean cannabis. It's about the high that really matters and it's the combination of cannabinoids and intensely complex terpene production/retention which creates the complex high. Poorly grown cannabis is hot, harsh and flat, with little distinction between strains. I can see how this method could make it better.

Here's a thought. Would someone who's done some log rolling, please water cure some of your cannabis and report the results here. If it's better when you're done with a good water cure, you need to focus more on your understanding of growing cannabis. Anyone who states it turns their primo into dodo, is someone I'd listen to about what rolling logs does to their cannabis. Again, my diplomacy sucks and I'm trying to be blunt. This isn't meant to make anyone feel bad, it's something meant to spur discussion and thoughts on the subject. This is a topic I feel hasn't been covered nearly enough, for decades.

So... who grows stupendously awesome cannabis, because they've spent significant research time on steadily improving quality, who's also done cobbing or log rolling?
These are the growers who's opinion I'm interested in hearing. Personally, I believe I'm going to have to start with cobbing. I don't have the time or resources to mess with constructing a log roller.
:tiphat:

H

HaHaHashish

Most smokers today judge cannabis on how it looks. tastes and smells, you are in the majority Douglas Curtis...perhaps the reason for this is that there is so little difference in the quality and duration of the highs of most modern hybrids and so taste, potency and looks take preference over the quality of the high when selecting. The trouble with the past 25 years of selecting genes for looks, taste, potency, vitality, big colas, etc and not with the duration or quality of the high as the most important selection criteria is that most modern strains have a high which is rarely rated more than 7 out of 10.
Cobbing does change the high in a positive way, water "curing" doesn't and is just a rinse, doesn't cure is only good for over-fertilized, muddy or really bad tasting weed and not much else, they are two very different things, do some more reading about how to make cobs before telling us how it's a waste of time and we don't know how to grow lol

Cobbing is something you should try with just ten grams worth of bud then come back and tell us about it in a few months time.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
i grow nice flowers, i dedicate part of the take to cobbing.
an ounce or two of my finest in each cobb.
i haven't done logrolling but it is interesting if it turns out anything like the cobbs that was impetus for this idea.
innovation and the reward thereof resides here...