What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

soundman

Dr Atomic.... Atomic Lights is the closest thing to original NL5. I believe Bodhi used DR Atomic stock, when they released their version.

It IS NL5 cut, that was backcrossed with its relatives.

Hemp Depot has Atomic NL5.

I was going to mention Dr Atomic. He has or at least had the real deal NL5. His NL x Haze was his best offerings. A true old school breeder.

St. Phatty

One real respectable alternative is SAGE from TH Seeds.

Classic Indica x Classic Sativa. They name the cross "Sativa Afghani Growth Experiment". They might do the cross with the Mother as a Sativa.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
One real respectable alternative is SAGE from TH Seeds.

Classic Indica x Classic Sativa. They name the cross "Sativa Afghani Growth Experiment". They might do the cross with the Mother as a Sativa.

Correct would be "Sativa Afghani Genetic Equilibrium".

I'm surprised Sensi barely gets a mention in this thread considering they invented the cross and won the cup with it in 93. Their website has 40 customer reviews with an average of 5 stars!

I grew it in the 90's and it was the equal best strain I've ever had along with the Jack Herer I have kept for 15 years. I lost it but would love to get it back. Many that tried it considered it too strong, and to this day I have never come across anything as potent.

Cheers :)

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Have never had luck with sensi. Have not read a good review on sensi in years. Sometime around 99 or 2000 a friend grew some maple leaf and Hawaiian indica that was great. At least compared to the brick weed I was used too at that time.

Maybe because sensi no longer has the quality of 15-20 year ago....
Those 40 reviews I mentioned are since 2014, so maybe you should have another look at Sensi as an option. As far as you saying they don't have the quality anymore, I will assume they keep the same mother and father into perpetuity to make their crosses, so the potential in the seeds shouldn't change.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Those 40 reviews I mentioned are since 2014, so maybe you should have another look at Sensi as an option. As far as you saying they don't have the quality anymore, I will assume they keep the same mother and father into perpetuity to make their crosses, so the potential in the seeds shouldn't change.

Lol. Twice. Find one good review on a website not funded by the same company. Ever heard of false advertising.

From my research very few breeders from the 80s and 90s still have the original parents. Due to mostly to law enforcement. Last thing they want us to know is they are selling $300 knockoffs of their former award winning strains.

kro-magnon

Veteran
I wish you're right about Sensi Seeds but all grows by real growers(not the so called reviews) have shown bad results with their famous old strains those last 10/15 years. I certainly wouldn't buy expensive seeds from them unless I see real grow diaries showing good results.

I have kept my Jack Herer for the last 15 years so I'm not complaining. Check my album if you want to see some pics . Btw, seed finder has some pics of NL5 x Haze from real growers.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Mothers finest 2008, 0 germination. Black domina 2010, crap weed. Skunk #1 2010, also crap weed. That is about $600 wasted. Im glad your jack is great!

OgCOBudz

I used to get The Cough in Boulder Colo in the early 2000's. That was reportedly a nl5xhaze from Durango or Ft. Collins.

I also grew what I was told was The Cough 2 or The Pinneaples and I believe that cut was Skunkxhaze.

Both the 1 and 2 were some of the best hybrids I have come across in 2.5 decades of experience with cannabis.

Soaring, clear, trippy high that lasted for hours. It took 75 days to flower but the yield was above average. I miss that plant... A LOT!

RoyalFlush

DEA Agent
I've been trying to find reviews on Vulkania's DHaze with no luck, plus they sell out quick.

Here is the description:
Vulkania Seeds Dhaze, We have incorporated in our catalog a variety of family Haze. Dhaze is a selection obtained in the famous 2005 NL x Haze. This lineage has matured and reasonable production (influence of the NL) with the characteristics and effects of the world's most desired sativa, the incredible Haze. This facility for fans of Haze, penetrating flavours so clear that stimulates the senses to the stirrer causing a curious sense of well being. The heads are more or less compact queues and covered with dense trichomes full of cannabinoids. Dhaze is a medium-high note, when grown indoors from cannabis seed requires a few days of growth to compensate their time of flowering. Dhaze is ideal for cultivation in Scrog and are enough plants to cover 3 square meters in a few weeks.

aquavitae

they hold piff as clone-only in UK, NL and USA.. its a NlxHaze selection from 88. most likely what you are looking for, as are many others. good luck with getting your hands on it, it is tightly held.

bottom line, the old version is around but hard to find. havent found a legit report from the "newer" version regardless of the seedbank, on any forum.

AV

Happy Times

I used to get The Cough in Boulder Colo in the early 2000's. That was reportedly a nl5xhaze from Durango or Ft. Collins.

I also grew what I was told was The Cough 2 or The Pinneaples and I believe that cut was Skunkxhaze.

Both the 1 and 2 were some of the best hybrids I have come across in 2.5 decades of experience with cannabis.

Soaring, clear, trippy high that lasted for hours. It took 75 days to flower but the yield was above average. I miss that plant... A LOT!

Heck yeah- cough #1 was awesome

I wonder if it's still around, seems like the modern link to it is strawberry cough. Def not the same with respect to the "haziness" factor though IMHO