What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

#3 per Light w/ 3wk veg?!

mushroombrew

Veteran
Because I am a motherf**king hustler! You better ask somebody... LOL!

You can increase your sqft with a mover. And plants get way more intense light; albeit intermittently.

i.e. A 1000w bulb over a 4'x6' 12" above canopy. 50% more area but only about 20% more yield. But as the bulb goes past the light "digs" into the canopy with ferocity from many angles. Bye bye larf.

I call that a success.

I will be experimenting with about 20W per sqft with pulses of 50W per sqft in the near future.

I theorize that short bursts of intense light produce just as much as constant strong light.

I am all about getting energy usage down will yielding the same. So I experiment constantly.

GainGreene

Ninja Please... I like the way you think Mush you are on to something. The sun changes position and clouds do come into play for varing light intensity. I always wonder if lunar cycles of varying low light have effects as well. Food for thought for as they say in Miami Happy Sangsgiving mang!

mushroombrew

Veteran
Exactly. If you vary the angle of light it reaches the whole plant. I love watching the inside of the canopy as bulbs go past. Some crazy amounts of photons getting in there.

Junk

You can increase your sqft with a mover. And plants get way more intense light; albeit intermittently.

i.e. A 1000w bulb over a 4'x6' 12" above canopy. 50% more area but only about 20% more yield. But as the bulb goes past the light "digs" into the canopy with ferocity from many angles. Bye bye larf.

I will have to look into that.

How far away do you keep a 1k if it's not on a mover?

mushroombrew

Veteran
Some strains handle 24". OG closer to 3ft.

Hey btw Rainbow Kush = Master Kush x Hindu Kush

But no Idea how that plant came from that stock. It's so gasy like sour D. But parents aren't. Who knows? I love it regardless of shady origins.

A

AVOH

HA! Im the biggest hustler of them all just sitting back soaking up all this great info for my turn arounds!!!!
Yeahhhhhhhhh

A

AVOH

Yea i seen your setup its as serious as a heart attack but ill manage
When you find a winner send me a cut or ill taser your ass lol

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
*bursts in the room finger guns at the ready*

its a stickup see !!!

bugsy-malone-splurge-gun.jpg

Dr. J

Excellent thread brotha! Hey couple questions. Did you start going vertical or has the whole grow been vert? Also what nutrients are you using?

mushroombrew

Veteran
Excellent thread brotha! Hey couple questions. Did you start going vertical or has the whole grow been vert? Also what nutrients are you using?

I use cutting Edge as a base. Cheap. Clean. Then I feed traces and CalMag in massive amounts! OG's love mag.

No I grow in flood trays primarily. The wall was an experiment. I have a new facility in the works. And bare bulbs are hard to beat!

It's all about efficiency for me.

I want plants to produce in the shortest possible time with the least amount of energy.

mushroombrew

Veteran
Top Stopping

Top Stopping

So here is the "Top Stop" pruning technique again. It is defoliation of the 3 fans closest to the growth tip. The tip stops growing and the plant pushes lowers. It bushes out fast. And growth does not stunt like it would topping.

This is Road Warrior. Ultimate SOG plant she just refuses to branch.

The First is normal growth. I swear she would get 6 ft tall without any side growth LOL!!

Well that's great and all but it's a bitch if you want to make clones.
This plant was "Top Stopped" just once. NOT topped. Clones galore gents!!