What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Calaveras County Has Screwed Over Every Legal Grower

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
It's cool, guys. When all the people in LA and SF decide they want to secede from the Union, everyone north of the bay can break off and form the state of Jefferson and everything will be great.

S

Stone House

It seems to me growers that invested big bucks to conform to the county rules put forth by the voters should be able to form a class action suit to recover losses not only for permit fees but for all money and time invested in their legal farms.
What would happen if the green light was given by the county to put in a new Almond orchard, then after the farmer invested huge money and time totalk to a lawer, clear land, put in irrigation, dig holes, put in well, put up fences and then the county said NOPE?
Make the county pay for the games they are playing!
Also if the sheriff really said he wouldn't protect growers, only goes to show the voters voice means nothing in my opinion.

calaveras

It is good that local citizens are being given the opportunity to vote on the proposed ban. It is such a quality of life issue here.
Some growers are already leaving the area in anticipation of the ban going thru. Propane truck drivers and UPS drivers really see everything going on in the hills. I talked to a Propane truck driver recently who told me of some growers on leased land packing up and leaving all the trash behind.
A murder trial just started for a 2015 case in which 3 rippers were shot at close range with a shotgun( one guy was shot so close up that his brain was ejected from his skull) another was finished off with a derringer shot to the back of his head.
Another recent case happened when 2 rippers armed with a pistol were foiled when the victim pulled some kung fu moves and a ripper got shot(nice). The victim did not call the police fearing more bad marijuana press. The story unraveled when the guy with a bullet in him showed up at a fire house.
This type of crime was rare before big weed moved in. Previously Calaveras county would just have a mass murderer or 2 every 30-40 years
Many growers are going on with business as usual, the dirt trucks have started rolling by multiple trips per day again.
Community outreach and good deeds by growers continues in an effort to rehabilitate a bad image from the 2016 season but a lot of damage was done.
If the ban goes into effect lots of businesses will miss the income but only a few are really benefitting, kind of like the first gold rush, the guys selling shovels are the ones going to the bank.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's cool, guys. When all the people in LA and SF decide they want to secede from the Union, everyone north of the bay can break off and form the state of Jefferson and everything will be great.

GOd I want what you smoke....lol county of Jefferson LMAO

localyocal

Many growers are going on with business as usual, the dirt trucks have started rolling by multiple trips per day again.

People ripping people off for their crops is only news because more people have something else new in they're shop and do things like allow people to watch the dirt trucks start rolling in. Just because its legal doesnt mean you just just be open about what it is you are doing. I am born and raised in the NW and just got back from spending a year in Colorado for work. Construction...No really like steel buildings. The issue with Colorado is that the mexican mafia is in full affect south of Denver, which has been a main hub for all Mafia families since before you ever watched Goodfellas due to the fact its on a direct route from Mexico to be able to drop off and re allocate the shipment of the goodies theyre bringing in. The fact that its legal and there are insanely massive grows there makes it a complete warzone. You want to grow millions of dollars in drugs in cartel territory ur givin up a cut. Where I'm at my hills have eyes neighbors want to get in my shop to see what kinda tools they can jack cuz theyre tweaking and they already broke in to everyone elses house so its my turn again. I don't put my shit on blast and don't grow in a community where everyone is aware of what I am doing. My neighbors clearly do, but the respectful hillbillys are only out there trying to mind theyre own business and retire they dont care and they only know because they assume. so they don't know. And if being a registered grower back whenever this post started required you to inform you neighbors you were going to be involved in a potentially dangerous situation that could involve them, what are you bitchin about? I don't know how my hella good vibe got worked over by that comment but be realistic here. Just because it's legal and everyone wants to do it doesn't mean your neghbors want theyre kids to be around or or smell it or want you at the grocery store around them. You should respect that and accept the risk for the life you chose.

maxmurder

Veteran
Holy shit it sounds insane over there. For all those who disrespect and abuse the cannabis plant, in any fashion, you will get yours. It is a powerful force that cannot be explained in words. Only in smoke...

I wish those who were honest and respectful the best, and those others to get hit with pollen drones...

Oops.

Sorry for that, don't use that idea. Don't load a drone with pollen and hit their crops with a really lanky no smelling male. That's not nice. Don't ever do that...

;)

:laughing: Baaahhahahaahahahahahah that's fuckin funny WT!!

calaveras

Hey Waxy Taxi, About pollen drones, Apparently some inexperienced( or maybe they knew what they were doing) growers in one area grew some males and pollinated most crops within 1 mile of them, dozens of gardens contaminated

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Pretty sure China sells male pollen....

We were planning on doing this years ago. Walk around the area and release handfulls of pollen...

Yeah and how are people supposed to legally protect their property? Water Balloons? Pretty sure anything else on property isn't legal right? At least federally I'm sure.

Lots of dogs no need for guns I'm not going to kill a few dogs for a little score when people get away robbing banks.

They should have read the rules and regulations more closely before applying. Here in Humboldt it will be all public access with an easy to read map. I would say at least a third of the permits applied for here in Humboldt will actually not get approved due to ordinance issues and/or cost. Another third won't be able to keep it profitable. It is simple economics. This year the market will be flooded with flower and prices are going to be way down in the shitter. The market is already saturated just take a look on Humboldt County Craigslist Farm&Garden.

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
I will agree that spreading pollen on crops that are honest/decent local farmers is a crime!

those who kill dogs are the real low lives,

spreading pollen around greedy corporate crops is more of a duty as a human being on planet earth and as a grower in these crazy times were living in.

but I'd rather let the drone take the wrap :)

Yeah, that's about right.

If they're some money-grubbing asshole who just wants to fuck over other people out of greed (as if their six figure income just isn't making ends meet), then they're the scum of the earth, and i hope nothing but karma's worst on pieces of shit like that. I find few things as despicable as people who turn cannabis cultivation into something just as greed-fueled, corrupt, ruthless, inhuman, morally bankrupt, and downright fucking disgusting as every other business out there that people started growing pot to avoid.

Of course, if the plants to be pollinated belong to some greedy fat cat with hundreds of plants paying people to do the gardening and he doesn't do a damn thing himself, doesn't care about cannabis, and is only in it to be some mogul then fuck that guy -- let the pollen do nature's work :smoke:

geneva_sativa

Well if you fuck people over in your quest for dominating a market,

bitterness & grief is the natural result.

Bitterness and grief leads to disasters, especially for the ones that had the biggest part in

creating that bitterness and grief.

EastFortRock

if I had a big operation, I would make treating the locals well a priority. Have a training to try to make sure my wacky trimmers tone it down and all my employees would treat locals like gold. It isn't against the law for your neighbors to grow male plants. That's legal sabotage.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
I've read recently that there is so much hemp being grown in parts of Colorado that it's next to impossible to grow a seed free crop outside in some areas of the state.

ExoticsRus

Just because it has seeds ( like rest of the world) does not make it contaminated of non use . Look at start of the start of kush plants , they beat all those plants for hash cause why? It has seeds in it and the screen hash is bomb

Latest posts

Latest posts