What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Long Time Lurker, First time grow log posting

Popice

plants are doing well. temps in the 70s. humidity fluctuates 45-55/60. Deep fuel smell getting stronger with more tones of citrus cleaner and haze becoming just as prominent up close. very resinous, any brushing of the tops and hand is immediately sticky; some leaf culling, not much. one plant was mixed with slightly less soil to cocoa, i assume, because the two 5 gallons needed a little extra and were slightly darker, so its top is a lighter shade of green. the dip in N isnt anything to worry about, i actually want to see if it might finish different. All my soil runs have been extremely smooth for a while now, but i know some people like running N lower towards the end of flower. Its difficult to control unless i still have soil from the same mix that has been run before without other amendments. i usually just go off of timing in a pot hoping to max out roots in a container. i assume the 5 gallons will have a a lot to shake at the end, but roots were to the bottom and around anyway by flip.

dried fans have a nice even color. trimmed larf is right were it can be, slightly creeping, almost all head high mild 2hrs or so and cuts out with mild after affects. (3/4 larf to tobacco blend)

Popice

7 weeks of 12/12

7 weeks of 12/12

So calyxs are bulking up and filling in. i have a bunch of 4"+ colas and tons of big buds in a layer above the screen. Everything has filled out with new pistils for more layers of calyx. ive added a side shot to show equal growth in branching above the net. same waters, no extra seaweeds or teas, altho i could add more this is where things have lacked this run. totally enough but not deep into specifics. 2 of the plants have begun to lighten (on most branches but not all), while the 2 5gallons are still very dark. besides soil content the roots arent as filled out as the 3 gallons. 2 of the 3 gallons are comoletely happy for me.

Popice

new color

new color

ok so these 2 plants, or 1 in particular had been lightening up a lot faster than im used to. 2 were definately darker than i like, which now have the slightest touch of yellow on a couple tips (as well as not fattening overall as much on one) but these plants that lightened up arent total coverage, well one is basically visibly lighter overall but the other only has some branches leaving the rest a nice green. their colas are denser, still fine height, but shape is uniform between green branches and light branches.

now a couple leaves have begun turning to the yellow side, which isnt bad at all but im getting a red color coming in as well. wanted to post a shot.

',' ')"> (new mobile is leaving this to erase. for a copy and paste instead of tapping the image) the url starts with \' instead of h... ?

Last edited:

Popice

Week 9 ish

Week 9 ish

mainly all branches have started lightening up in color. lots of the reds have come in as well. smell is very strong of fuel haze and citrus. buds are filling out nice, only a couple longer ones havent gotten fat but have filled in for a couple nice colas. growing larger id get foxtails really coming in, but theres really only a couple smaller buds that have more so lost structure or have foxtails, outward not around growth. the main large buds just keep filling out, but im sure ill start to see some pointy tops. a couple branches, like the first plant to turn trichomes have started to get milky, others remain clear.
album.php

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=70641&pictureid=1694322
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=70641&pictureid=1694323

Last edited:

Popice

wk 10

wk 10

last 10 days. everythings filling out, almost all trichomes are cloudy. only 1 bud seems to be showing amber, but hard to tell with the light. some should be coming in but not predominantly. Ive run this plant into the 12 week and once a little more, it can take the edge off but no real need. one 5gal definately got mixed with a little too much of my heavier soil leaving too much nitrogen and probably a lot extra space to fill the bucket in comparison to the rest. the other 5gal is not bad but still too much. the test are great, and the one that started turning light green earlier just filled out its buds and kept going. frosted first but is still going. the ones that had no real change are about on point where i expected. i can see the minor foxtails coming in on some of the larger terminal buds, but nothing drastic. i wouldnt push the training too much more for the size and veg time. a couple buds are on the airy leafy side but they reside at the bottom of the canopy and may have lost their fan leaf before its branch fully switched over to budding. i dont get the picture transfers yet, ill figure it out or take it to my computer if i have to for these and the chop and dry weight. also some of the red i believe may be coming from the light, blackdog goes into the uv spectrum, and i have a couple plucked leaves that turned show overhanging leaf patterns. the lights strong, needs a shorter canopy but i do think adds some trichome coverage, how much, idk, but its also led so it really simplifies cooling in a more bare bones room. temps are steady in high 70s, never peaked over 82. humidity stayed around 50-55 with a couple days into the 60s when it was rainy and warm. a couple large under canopy fan leaves are still there, some turning, others just there. smell is pretty strong, a couple random fluffy popcorns that popped up smoked really well. actually kinda amazed me.

Popice

i just uploaded some new photos. Lights are now off, everythings getting cut tomorrow with a quick trim to dry. smell is great, plants are very sticky- i needed to grab some dead and dying leaves and decided to take some bigger ones too. i was away this past weekend and came back, decided to water, but dont actually think i needed too. that was 2-3 days ago...drinking very little, but still filling out. Of course theres new pistils shooting out with foxtails really forming, on some buds. but trichomes are all very cloudy, and this round only a few seem to have gone amber. or i cant really tell... my magnifing glass sucks. but its usually about other things as well in the plant that go into consideration, just like any plant.

i threw one picture up (in my album) that really showed nice calyx enlargement, while most are what im more used to seeing, on this bud they are just engorged. like nearly pinky size. the lights have also really brought out the antioxidant properties. i guess the spectrum Blackdog LED uses (uv) really hits on that. and thats where to fully get expression feeding and environment need to be on par. this has given me more insight on feeding, not my soil but other grows. honestly since ive started my own soil if i didnt train plants i could probably try regulating and only checking on them to make sure everything is functioning. its like outdoors, but with watering. but i love plants. nutrient levels were great, and better than expected for the plants that went super light early than my norm. the 2 in the 5gals did turn color but showed a huge difference in mix percentage. the 2 that were my regular mix are great but i know i can back off even more. over (75%cocoa)

well im gonna figure out linking the pictures. ill be back with dry weights and shots of harvest and roots as well. the root zone is what i really was aiming for to show in this grow log, besides seeing if i could keep it up. after that im probably gonna be gone for a bit.

Popice

hey thanks guys for the comments. this grow went really well for where things have been at. i got used to digitally journalling and getting used to the photos.
heres a drying shot with the space the Ghost Train Haze was in.

Popice

Drying took about 7 days, my process starts with the last week keeping senescence in mind. i could have kept up another day or two but the weather for some reason decided winter might happen which brought temps down and up and the room (below canopy vent area) is near the furnace which started dropping humidity. i dont think more than 5 hrs too out of range, but the larger area is low 80s humidity and back now in the 70s for temps. so dry trim and jarring, 1 jar remained mid to high 50% humidity after 12+hrs, and no jar collected anything.

The smell is fairly strong, i mean trimming got it creeping through the house. each jar has a nice fresh smell thats very evenly split between between that Haze tinge and citrus. the smoke is very smooth, what i had started damper than where i keep my tobacco (barrel aged non-glycerin, non corporate) and has nearly evened out. although its only been some popcorn and trim so far. not a ton of popcorn, but thats how it was trained, only 1 budsite never made canopy and showed its airyness.

There is a slight difference in bud of each plant, all do to the soil differences, which were very slight but enough. Overall everything ended up very well and while airy for the 400, everything is like rock candy.

Popice

Final weight of jarred bud is 306.33 grams. so with a couple nugs handed out already i probably got 11ounces. i didnt weigh fluff or trim, but a compacted 40something liquid ounces of plant.

Popice

what ive been interested in lately with my soil is the root zone and timing. i dont have the space to break up the roots but tried in a bucket. i mean i could have in the floor... but itll happen eventually.

so the 3 gallons where great. a full spread with not too much for outside swirling roots. after separating the pot from soil and lifting, i have to break off chunks because of root coverage. no wasted space. what i wanted to see were main roots, water from feed as well as shape. smaller containers have related in very close proportion to the branches and leaves. Not training with trimming, will fill a space but where is the root change? what i assume is branching can split a main thick root, somewhat, instead of 1 long swirling root.

The 5 gallons showed the water table space. a full lift but enough difference in root density going into flower that they could definately use more veg time, which was equal to the 3gals.