What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Desperate for a dead res technique !!!

poobar

Hi Doneit
This sounds like all advice is too late but
I was having major problems keeping my
rez clean (snot after 2 days after sterilizing,ect)

After reading a thead on IC about the same thing
using a fish filter of suitable size for the res, can
now run a clean rez (so far 4 weeks no slime).

The simple filter sponge creates beneficial bacteria.

It may not help you now but maybe someone else.

mrlollipop

Sterile Res only works with Drain to waste. Too much organic matter in the recirculating systems for bleach or any other sterilizer to handle.
Even if your system works for a run or two, the pathogens will catch up, and seep into the plastics.
DRAIN TO WASTE ONLY.

mcnasty

I had a similiar bacteria that was resistant to everything. I never found a cure eventually it just passed through my water I think. anyway, you can put a UV sterilizer on your RO system or bigger ones for like a main house line that will kill all the stuff. (i didnt read the entire post so sorry if this has been discussed)

I use microbes now in my rez for flood and drain and am having better growth than i ever did dead

Latest posts

Latest posts