What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ulkokasvatus 2012

offthehook

Veteran
The "fucked up" spot on sandy soil. Ground water is about 50 cm underneath the surface of the soil.
The spot has been in use for several years with a bunch of plants right in the middle always and this is the first year that things turned out this way... WTF?

picture.php

offthehook

Veteran
picture.php

So this is the 6-spot I talked about to BT lately. The one where no any of the 6 'little' spots perform the same.

Front row left to right > Speed DevilxDiesel ryder. 3 Holy Purps (Red feno Diesel ryders) Speed DevilxDiesel ryder.

Back row left to right > All Diesel ryders from the same batch of 10.000+ seeds.

Something is definatly good wrong on that spot, but I don't know what.
It was one big spot that I prepared all the same over an area of 3 x 2 meter, then made 6 little elevations of pure mustamulta.

offthehook

Veteran
picture.php

If after a bit of rain my stems are looking like this I know things are going good :)

These F4 Diesel ryders have been sown on the 12th of may after 1.5 days of pre-germinating in moist cotton.

They belong to this spot >
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

offthehook

Veteran
Featuring front row left > DR. (Sown in later but bad place anyways, lots of ants.)

Front row right > Speed devilxDR (bad place, lots of ants)

Mid section > Auto Double Fun x DR.

Back row > F4 DR.

picture.php

Here on these 2 pics down below an other spot with predominantly Diesel ryder, Diesel ryderxDanish Gold, Guerilla Kush & what not. (Esbe's stuff mostly)
Hard to tell what is what, but I just know by the strategic layout of the tree branches at the base what area of the plot contains what strain.(As was also done on the spot in the pic above before it was overgrown.)

All my spots are ment to turn into seed completely.

picture.php

picture.php

offthehook

Veteran
Here's a spot that tells all about my ground water levels.

This place will be flooded for most of our spring, but was a too nice open spot in the middle of nowhere to not take advantage of.
It has got a sun hour window of about 7 hours a day, so it's better not having too high expectations here usually.
(...) So I dug a ditch, put all the clay besides it, hollowed out the created elevation and filled it with prime grade soil.

The clay acts as a wick and keeps the spot more moist as I would like it to be.
During exeptionally dry summers however this one's a winner so I keep it around just in case.

picture.php

The pic above shows off some bird damage that had to be re-sown in order to cover up for lost space.
Usually when covering up this way, later sown seeds will perform rather lousy in compare to earlyer sown ones, but I'm sure it is still better to try and cover up for it as to not do anything at all.
picture.php

With a "3 hole ski-mask" I'll be as comphy in the swamps as a baby in his cradle.^^

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Strains to be cultivated here are:

-Fast Bionic Guerilla (= BlubonicxGG3)xAuto Guerilla Gold.
-Speed Devil x Diesel Ryder.
-(DoublefunxDR)x(DR) x DR
-DR F4

offthehook

Veteran
As you can see, this spot is bone & bone dry.

An elevated rocky place consisting of course sea-sand. Nothing grows here exept "jäkälä" and "dead" kataja.

So the place got some 80 liters of prime quality soil and a 15 liter bucket with perforated lid was buried half a meter underneat the soil, extending 10, 12mm polyfyl nylon ropes "looping" out of it wich are acting as wicks that moisturise the surrounding soil.
A retracteble pvc pipe allows water to be poored into the bucket.

This was just a lill "fun project" I wanted to do after I had still some energy left & spare time to kill.

These plants were pregrown for about 1 week in a little peat pot on my balcony and hit the soil on the 25th of june.

It's just that I liked this place soo much that I found ways to make it work.

No worries, These will turn out pretty fine comes the beginning of september ;)

Strain = (Double Fun x DR)x(DR) x DR

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

offthehook

Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Again some playfull experimental stuff going on but this time with a noble cause to it, hehe ^^

Some 1500+seeds have hit the unprepared soil THIS way.
These are all the exact same Diesel ryders that have hit the soil at about the same week as the ones in the beginning of this photo session like the ones with the firelighter on it.

The idea is to get my Diesels to become acclimated to the harsh environment of our Finnish forest floor but without any preparation of the soil what-so-ever.
If I would only get some 20 seeds per plant this year I'd be more then happy with the effort.
During previous years when I tried doing the same but with half the number of seeds I got ZERO survivors that actually did n't reproduce at all.
It is NOT in my nature to give up prematurely... EVERR!!! grrr^^ hehe :D

offthehook

Veteran
Last but not least, some of the most vigorous plants performing at some of my spots.

Pehkuruder x Thyphoon: Clear sativa influence if not pure sativa minus her auto genes. Suomi P could fill in the blancs on that one some time.
picture.php

Diesel ryder f4: An unbelieveble clear indica trait but with a beautifull Sativa high to it ... at first ^^ ...
picture.php

Auto Double Fun: A "Pure Early Indica" but with a one time lowryder#2 input that makes it work at latitude 65' straight from seed .

picture.php

Males of this variety will grow taller than 1.85 mtr and females up to 1.50... So "fuck yourselves" to all that say that lowryder influence will cause auto-strains to remain small.

It all comes down to selecting from large numbers DOT.

;)

offthehook

Veteran
I still got 4 more spots with strains like Peruvian, Easy Sativa x Kuhmo, Royal Dane & some more Diesels but I think we are good for now right? hehe :D

Next visual update will be at final harvest times & I hope this will inspire some noobs to do the same as what I've been doing > Beeing full of shit & carrying it everywhere ! ;) :D

offthehook

Veteran
WTF? ... Been bussy transferring pics one by one for several hours. are you kidding me or what? daaamn.(not aimed negatively at any of you, just a bit of frustration showing out)

I see them all bright and clear here on my own lappy. wtf have I been doing wrong this time now again?

Anyone here who could clear me up? Some code to be installed first...? I honestly donno, thought for a first time poster this was all going real good. Hell.

I transferred them from my "private album" here on icmag, should I disable this first or something?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry guys, old school cave man here, gotto wait untill someone's willing to help me out.

@ BT,PM please?

rasras

I can see dem. Nice holms!

check your profile setups.

Ps Nice to see that your rocking my crosses that easy....

offthehook

Veteran
I went to 'My IC' "profile privacy". crossed with intend "for everyone to see" and pressed "safe."

Any progress now SG? Hamppuu?

@ Rasras, thanks mate :) I'm not always sure do ppl want to get credit for their effort or better remain anonymous. Hence I naturally won't bring it on in public.

The Fast bionic Guerilla is doing real nice on that tit bit too wet spot too btw. :) ^^

obiwan

I can´t see anything but text... Wanna see some, because i haven´t seen my babies in 3 weeks and I'm getting pretty nervous.

offthehook

Veteran
My good friend who's helped me getting this far said he disabled the private settings so all should be vissible now obiwan.

I'm sure that if you have done your best on 'try doing things right', the better majority of your plants will be doing fine.

hamppuu

Nice pics offthehook =)

Itselläni on eka ulkokasvatus meneillään ja tuli äsken käytyä spoteilla. Hyvin näyttäis etenevän ja kuukauden päästä on jo tommonen mini sour60 valmiina :p

Tapahtu tossa istutuksessa pieni kämmi ja sekoitin noi lajikkeet, joten ihan varmuudella en voi sanoa mikä on mikäkin.
Tuolta löytyyy lr#2, short term amnesia, AAk47x Diesel ryder, sour60.

(my first outdoor grow, ^^ strains, )

Kuva otettu puhelimella joten laatu on mitä on... Järkkärikamera löytyy ja paremmat kuvat tulee sitten kun on enemmän näytettävää :) (mini sour60 fenoon tullut mukavasti violetin väriä :p)

picture.php

offthehook

Veteran
@Hamppuu & Thule, Thanks guys, the perfectly timed sunny & rainy weather has helped a lot too.
Though It has been rather cold and a tid bit too wet this year but indeed, nothing big to complain about.
Besides, what doesn't kill em makes em stronger right?

If the weather is more rainy then the peat based soils do better and if it is more dry then the clay based soils take the lead.

Hence, if possible and not to labour intensive then I like to mix clay chunks in my peat to strike a balance.

I see you're not doing to bad yourselves either Hamppuu. :)

For a first time outdoor artist you too are going mighty fine overthere.

You been doing your homework on soil composition Hamppuu?