What's new

Which strains for equator grow?

Edi

I'm starting an out door grow near the equator. The light outside is around 12.5 hours of sunlight. I'll veg them indoor a little and and put them in a greenhouse to flower. I'm growing in pure perlite hempy buckets.

I'm after something really potent and good mould resistance as it's generally pretty humid. Id like something that can finish in 10 to 12 weeks.

I'm looking at

Bangi Congo x panama fem
Hondurous breeze fem
Zamaldelica fem

If anyone can give me some advice it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome on board Edi :)

Thanks for considering ACE Seeds genetics for your upcoming grow in the tropics.
Sativa strains and sativa dom hybrids are the most suitable genetics to grow at your latitude with constant high levels of moisture and constant outdoor short photoperiods.

If you are looking for powerful sativa genetics that finish in 10-12 weeks then i would recommend you Bangi Congo x Panama, Bangi Haze x Ethiopian, Ethiopian x Malawi, Golden Tiger fem, Guawi, Honduras x Panama, Killer A5 Haze, Malawi fem, Malawi x Panama fem, Panama x Malawi, Panama, Panama x Bangi Haze, Thai Chi, Tikal fem, Zamaldelica fem ... you have plenty to choose from (it also depends on your personal taste).... although i would recommend you to coordinate the timing of the end of flowering with the dry season in your tropical location to avoid loss of flowers due to mold since all these strains and hybrids have been (more or less ) bred to produce dense flowers in a moderate flowering time and therefore they could be more susceptible against botrytis at the end of flowering.

It's a good idea to provide indoors to these 'fast' sativa strains a longer growing photoperiod to expand their initial growing stage and avoid they could start to flower too small outdoors in the tropics since they have been bred to react quite fast to flowering when they are grown with photoperiods close to 12/12.

If you want to play safe and avoid as much as possible the loss of flowers due to mold in late flowering in the tropics, then maybe consider to choose more untamed and very tropical sativas of more open/spongy flowering structures that can handle better the strong rains and high levels of moisture at the end of flowering. Very tropical sativa strains like Ethiopian, Honduras, Mauritius x Ethiopian, Oldtimer's Haze and its very tropical hybrids like Green Honduras Haze, Purple Honduras Haze, Panana Haze and Purple Haze x Malawi. You will hardly lose flowers due to mold with these very tropical sativa strains and you won't need to expand their initial growth stage with artificial lights, but they need longer flowering times to properly finish.

Hope it helps!