What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The YukonKronicle

YukonKronic

Pheno portraits
Hybrid more Malawi dom
picture.php

Hybrid slightly less Malawi dom
picture.php

NL pheno
picture.php

Tall Malawi
picture.php

Later developed smaller pheno
picture.php

YukonKronic

Whew... that was a lot..
I’m going to try and bring some shots of seeds developing in mother plants as well as the now impending harvest of the unseeded portions of BKxPCK.

I recently put some more solo cup plants including two C5HazeKC into better pots and soil and threw them into veg chamber now that it’s not holding flowering males... I also have KosherDawg ready to go into bloom next so I have to plan my cloning and flower schedule more completely soon as I don’t want to have plants pass through flowers box without getting some kind of pollen tossed on em... already got a double lemon pie (dark horse) showing male so that means I should get a clone of vanilla lemon MalPan going to pollinate. Probably some Pinky Clones in case I wanna fem something to her.. etc.

StrongTree

Yukon ! looks like a happy September in your greenhouse...so many x pollens you have going...very interesting... are you running that wood burner yet ?

YukonKronic

Yukon ! looks like a happy September in your greenhouse...so many x pollens you have going...very interesting... are you running that wood burner yet ?

Oh yes. Every night and most mornings so the extra heat can speed development and more importantly dry out the air.

If I load it stuffed completely full at around 8 pm it keeps going till 6 amgive or take 40 minutes... then I like to load it about half full to heat things up and get em going till afternoon sun keeps it about 15-20C in green house.

I’m not always able to be there so some nights I get a helper to do it or I run out late... I’m not sure I’ll be able to keep it all going much more than a couple weeks if that but by then I’ll have some okay stuff to cut for sure...

Next year now..... THAT should be inneresting. Got Mephisto’s Forum Stomper on the way and I’m hoping for more Auto Zamaldelica as well as maybe Auto Panama if it’s available. I also want more Auto Malawi but I’m going to need a second green house set up at my home to do it... if I get all those I’m definitely going to get started on Autoflower crosses.

Edit: just want to reiterate that I’m not expecting profit from these crosses beyond awesomeness. I dream of owning a micro nursery but that won’t happen for many years and I have no plans to do anything but spread these genetics for the sake of spreading good genetics... lol maybe the odd trade I suppose...

YukonKronic

Very nice. Can see how they really shine when outdoors

Couple things about my spot are really awesome. For one thing up until August it gets 8+ hours direct sun/day... in June it’s over 14 hours average easily.
It’s in a shed formerly used as a pig pen about 15 or so years ago then a hay shed the last 10... native soil layer was about 6-8 inches thick which is a decent amount here and was also extremely fertile.
Under it was still included the old ash layer from the clearing and burning of the land back after Gold Rush era Steamboats ate up all the native pine and it regrew as scrub brush.

Under that was a clay layer topped with brown and black layers of (I think?) probable organic compounds trapped by moisture passing through all previous layers and through clay into lower sands.
I utilized the native soil as well as top clay layers into my soil mix:biggrin:

Under top layer of clay (approximately four inches thick with top inch being rich in presumed organic leachate) was a foot or 16 inches of sand (which was removed and replaced by amended organic soil and my mix of local rock dusts and volcanic ash)atop another much thicker (over 6 feet) deposit of glacial lake deposited clay and silts.
I assume the clays would be both rich in Calcium and other nutrients but also serves as a reserve of moisture for survival situations.

Next year I plan some foliar sprays with Potassium Silicate alternating with Epsom to supplement K and MG as well as strengthen cell walls with Silicate. It’s my belief that C will be ample due to clays as well as P if not in an ionic form.

Perhaps starting the year with a lot of Carbohydrates in the water to feed fungus would be wise prior to reintroduction of worms. I think I will plan to top dress a small amount Bone meal with first cover chop and a dose of fish Hydrolysate and bat guano once at beginning of stretch and once again at onset of heavier flowering as well:dance013:

Last edited:

YukonKronic

Couldn’t resist a quick pic of the early round bud Biker... I liiiiike. This needs Double lemon pie pollen. Or Panama... or C5KC fem pollen... or I think I even have Banghi haze freebie... hmmm forgot about that. Definitely need to check that and think about it.

picture.php

Last edited:

YukonKronic

Some pics of Pinky when I cut her... eight weeks 11.5 h light and some light seeding. I’m thinking to take some to 63 (+-) days next run just to see how it goes..
Trichs are cloudy and clear... I don’t see Amber yet but I’m not too worried. Stuff is already relaxing so I’m kewl with a slightly early cut for less narcosis as well as to stagger the load as far as trimming because I have BB and CL approaching cut as well as an Auto Malawi or maybe two if I find more nanners on 2nd one one question.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

And here’s a branch left on for seeds to mature.
It’s the Bruce Banner branch
picture.php

Here’s ZamxGuatemala F3 Z13bx branch
picture.php

YukonKronic

I got more. Here’s Bruce Banner high yielding Diesel pheno
picture.php
picture.php

Crumbled Lime biker
picture.php

MalPan (Malawi pheno) x Crumbled Lime (Cookies dom male) developing.
picture.php

Here’s a ZamxGuatemala F3 Guatemalan dom seeded with 3 stud blend of Bruce Banners... all were fairly OG dom with one exhibiting strawberry smells in preflower and another having very columnar flowering. All had abundant flower clusters and good branching.
picture.php

YukonKronic

How the hell have I missed this thread?!?!

Damn Yuk, doing a killer job. Sorry I wasn't here sooner.

Hey bro! I just checked out your thread and felt the same way!
Please feel free to hang out post up some whatever or just lurk if you prefer:dance013:
Things are going to get pretty interesting in the next year or two... I’m making a bunch of ACE crosses next round as well and then I’ll be doing ACE testers round after that and then diving into the crosses and see what kind of magic we get from crossing ACE genetics with “more modern” (kind of a joke to say this I think... ACE has some truly outstanding genetics that have taken A LOT of work to bring about) OG and Cookies lines as well as some Stardawg and Glue influenced stuff.
I’m also contemplating a fresh thought of finding an oniony Banghi Haze pheno (iirc there’s one... I could be wrong though it’s been a while since I read Banghi thread) and crossing it to Biker Kush which I will also cross Rentons green Onion to and then marry the two “onion Kush” into a hella funky eye watering Kush Hybrid... maybe even BX it to the Banghi if it needs a little more “Lifted”.
Idea kind of hit me all in one flash when I picked up vial of rentons green onion freebies in my seed collection today.

Aliens are making me do it. Or the CIA. Or both. In any scenario it is an idea for a genetic recipe that must surely lead to a very loud pocket screaming unto the world “smoke meeee!!!! I reek of funky stank ass awesomeness!!”
:laughing: :peacock::moon:

YukonKronic

Sorry for the absence... lot going on. Sick peoples dying peoples lost jobs single parenting reconciled relationships and all that other Life crap... built a cloner and am learning how to make it sing.. got materials and a plan (mostly) for Renovation in the grow next week or two... going to replace floor redo walls/reflective surfaces remix soils to make them uniform reconfigure air movement plan and install automated watering..

Also creating two small cabinets for veg and one for pollination and putting shelves into flower cabs so I can have solo cups containing flowered clones full of seeds in the margins of flower space.

Got most of the seeds I made last round cleaned and stored with desiccant and buds are all trimmed and jarred up. Autoflower harvest was a mixed success.
I got a SHITLOAD of pretty decently resinous herbs out of it. But most wasn’t all the way finished and has sprouted nanners so was pretty full of pollen as well as being kinda stringy.

Also because of the shitty August we had I fought with mould and even the wood stove door warped and leaked woodsmoke into green house last week of operation! Yes. It does affect smell and flavour.
I’m going to make a boatload of hash with most of it.. it is good herb too. I smoked some and the more sativa phenotypes have a really good sativa high to them... NL phenotypes had better yield and smells and flavour was decent as well as having good hybrid stone of middling strength.
Still waiting to try some Auto Zamaldelica. It was earlier than the MalawiNL and also struggled against mould more.. I have nicer chunks set aside to sample and the rest was cleaned up and thrown in the hash bin. Lol I have a washtub mounded full of buds from Autos and a couple bags of indoor trim to hash out... should be a pretty epic lump of hash in the end.
I’m still happy though... this has taught me I CAN grow trees of killa ganja up here if I start early and treat with care. It has also taught me that I need a new wood stove, humidity control and a second layer of plastic to increase heat retention at night. Not to mention a bunch of sawdust or crushed stone to cover dusty dirt between rows... maybe a cover crop!

Here’s Biker Kush frosty pheno left the full ten weeks. After a week or so in jars I’m having trouble deciding which to keep! Frosty one had outstanding sour limey flavour and a nice kind generic but relaxing and fairly strong effect. Bag appeal is unreal.
Larger yielding pheno has less intense flavour with a bit more rubber on the finish... it’s still very enticing just more muted than the intense sour of frosty pheno.
And it sticks on your palate. and in your nose. And in your mind and in your fingers until you realize you just HAVE to have more... and it has a hella bell ringer of a stone too! The headiest most energizing smiley hybrid I’ve smoked... it reminds me of Thai dominant GT.
Anyway... pics.
Frosty at ten weeks
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

deepwaterdude

Sorry for the absence... lot going on. Sick peoples dying peoples lost jobs single parenting reconciled relationships and all that other Life crap... built a cloner and am learning how to make it sing.. got materials and a plan (mostly) for Renovation in the grow next week or two... going to replace floor redo walls/reflective surfaces remix soils to make them uniform reconfigure air movement plan and install automated watering..

Also creating two small cabinets for veg and one for pollination and putting shelves into flower cabs so I can have solo cups containing flowered clones full of seeds in the margins of flower space.

Got most of the seeds I made last round cleaned and stored with desiccant and buds are all trimmed and jarred up. Autoflower harvest was a mixed success.
I got a SHITLOAD of pretty decently resinous herbs out of it. But most wasn’t all the way finished and has sprouted nanners so was pretty full of pollen as well as being kinda stringy.

Also because of the shitty August we had I fought with mould and even the wood stove door warped and leaked woodsmoke into green house last week of operation! Yes. It does affect smell and flavour.
I’m going to make a boatload of hash with most of it.. it is good herb too. I smoked some and the more sativa phenotypes have a really good sativa high to them... NL phenotypes had better yield and smells and flavour was decent as well as having good hybrid stone of middling strength.
Still waiting to try some Auto Zamaldelica. It was earlier than the MalawiNL and also struggled against mould more.. I have nicer chunks set aside to sample and the rest was cleaned up and thrown in the hash bin. Lol I have a washtub mounded full of buds from Autos and a couple bags of indoor trim to hash out... should be a pretty epic lump of hash in the end.
I’m still happy though... this has taught me I CAN grow trees of killa ganja up here if I start early and treat with care. It has also taught me that I need a new wood stove, humidity control and a second layer of plastic to increase heat retention at night. Not to mention a bunch of sawdust or crushed stone to cover dusty dirt between rows... maybe a cover crop!

Here’s Biker Kush frosty pheno left the full ten weeks. After a week or so in jars I’m having trouble deciding which to keep! Frosty one had outstanding sour limey flavour and a nice kind generic but relaxing and fairly strong effect. Bag appeal is unreal.
Larger yielding pheno has less intense flavour with a bit more rubber on the finish... it’s still very enticing just more muted than the intense sour of frosty pheno.
And it sticks on your palate. and in your nose. And in your mind and in your fingers until you realize you just HAVE to have more... and it has a hella bell ringer of a stone too! The headiest most energizing smiley hybrid I’ve smoked... it reminds me of Thai dominant GT.
Anyway... pics.
Frosty at ten weeks
View Image View Image View Image

Holy sharks, Batman, there's bud under that frosting?

YukonKronic

ZamxGuatemala F4 (z13bx line)
This is only one of like four that stayed stable... has red colours coming in from low night temperatures. So far at about 11 weeks at ten hour days and I’m thinking it’s her last ten days. Smell has been musky saddle leather and a little spice and fruit in the back... a week ago it began picking up more fruit so that it’s now akin to a saddlebag that has held dried apricots and cinnamon.. I think the Thai influence in the z13bx male used has imparted frost as as well as the leather/musk Terps and a little extra foxtailing and flowering time... plan will be to make more seed with z13bx and ZGF3 #4. I’ll find a larger berry scented (it’s discernable during early flower then goes away till the end) male to cross back to #4 for the Terps and see what’s there to find.
Meanwhile I’ll also be moving the ZamxGuatemala F3 line forward as an IBL using a male selected from among #4s siblings.
Here’s the F4 z13bx with the red:
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

YukonKronic

picture.php
picture.php

This is ZamxGuatemala F3 #4 seeded up with Bruce Banner
picture.php

Here’s Malawi x Panama with Crumbled Lime seed developing in a lower
picture.php

picture.php

YukonKronic

Holy sharks, Batman, there's bud under that frosting?
I’m Batman. This is how Batman sounds.... like this.
Lol
I’ll try and be sure to get some drybud pics... it’s just crazy appealing herb. I’m definitely on the Karma bandwagon now too. Crumbled Lime looks sexy AF too I’ll throw some of those in as well.

I cannot wait to get to the MalPan Biker cross... that’s going to have some great plants in it. So is Pinky x Crumbled Lime when I get to it... I’m about to flower some GlueCherry so I can make seed and cut it down, that’s also going to have some pollen saved to hit Pinky and the ZamxGuatemala F3 #4 that I’m gonna cry before I finally let go of (if I ever do)