What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nevil's haze x Panama, Purple Satellite, Honduran x Panama, OTH Outdoors/Greenhouse

Ncali

Veteran
A very fun thread to be subscribed too! Sometimes just being able to grow these plants in a vegetative state is worth the price of admission.

I havent been able to look back in detail on this thread. Are these in a greenhouse with light restriction? If not, do you expect the OTH will finish @your lat? The long finger OTH looks special. However, all your plants look happy and healthy.

Best of luck, sending good vibes

:tiphat:
NC

SolarLogos

A very fun thread to be subscribed too! Sometimes just being able to grow these plants in a vegetative state is worth the price of admission.

I havent been able to look back in detail on this thread. Are these in a greenhouse with light restriction? If not, do you expect the OTH will finish @your lat? The long finger OTH looks special. However, all your plants look happy and healthy.

Best of luck, sending good vibes

:tiphat:
NC
Thank you my friend, very kind of you! These started out in a greenhouse and are now out in the sun. With the exception of one HxP (that is in the ground now) and PS, the rest will finish in the greenhouse. I'm putting HPS lights in the greenhouse, along with another heater so I can finish plants from fall to spring. I love having plants in my greenhouse during the winter; no better place to go in the morning for a cup of coffee and a joint to start my day.
All of these genetics fascinate me. The OTH clones in the greenhouse are now either green or purple. I don't know if LED full spectrum grow lighting causes that or if it's temperature, but my grow room has not dropped below 61F/16C, but OTH #'s 1, 4 and 5 all have purple stalks, stems and petioles. #'s 3&4 are all green with no hint of purple. Is there an environmental factor causing this or does this indicate which plants will be green or purple pheno? All of the mother plants outdoors are all green.
Thanks for subbing NCali.
Peace, God bless
Edit: Sorry, I meant to say the clones in the flower room, not greenhouse, are turning purple, stems, talks, petioles. Is this normal for LED grow lights, full spectrum? Does this indicate which plants will have purple flower? BTW, the HPS I mentioned putting in the greenhouse will be to supplement the intensity of the natural light, not extend it. I also don't plan on a light dep greenhouse, just for flowering in fall-spring. Too hot in the GH during the summer.

Last edited:

deepwaterdude

Morning, SL, here in your greenhouse with my joint and coffee;) Interesting how the green outdoors moms are producing plants that show other characteristics in indoor conditions.
The Purple Haze #23 that was used for many Ace crosses is OTH, I believe, but it's kinda the opposite of the way Panamas work, i.e., the red ones don't often express fully indoors, but outdoors super obvious. Nifty in any case;)

SolarLogos

Morning, SL, here in your greenhouse with my joint and coffee;) Interesting how the green outdoors moms are producing plants that show other characteristics in indoor conditions.
The Purple Haze #23 that was used for many Ace crosses is OTH, I believe, but it's kinda the opposite of the way Panamas work, i.e., the red ones don't often express fully indoors, but outdoors super obvious. Nifty in any case;)
Good morning my friend, thanks for stopping by and joining me in a joint and cup of coffee.:thank you:

My grow room is an out-building, so I run my lights at night for heat and just run the fan and inline circulation fans during the day when the lights are out. My low temp is usually not below 60F, although it could have gotten slightly lower without me paying attention. The HxP all have purple stalks/stems, etc. indoors, but all green outdoors, same with the NHxP. The only two clones that are green with no purple are OTH 2 and 3 males. OTH male #5 is purple like OTH 1 and 4. Could it just be temperature and/or my lights making them purple or appear purple in the room? I will take them out of the room tonight when the lights go on and observe/photograph them in natural light. Any thoughts anyone? Anyone experience this?

Thanks again DWD,

Peace, God bless

YukonKronic

Good morning my friend, thanks for stopping by and joining me in a joint and cup of coffee.:thank you:

My grow room is an out-building, so I run my lights at night for heat and just run the fan and inline circulation fans during the day when the lights are out. My low temp is usually not below 60F, although it could have gotten slightly lower without me paying attention. The HxP all have purple stalks/stems, etc. indoors, but all green outdoors, same with the NHxP. The only two clones that are green with no purple are OTH 2 and 3 males. OTH male #5 is purple like OTH 1 and 4. Could it just be temperature and/or my lights making them purple or appear purple in the room? I will take them out of the room tonight when the lights go on and observe/photograph them in natural light. Any thoughts anyone? Anyone experience this?

Thanks again DWD,

Peace, God bless

I run HID and LED together at pretty high intensity. I noticed a lot more colours on healthy plants under those lights than with LED or HID alone.
It’s my belief that a fuller spectrum and at high intensity (i.e the sun) plants will show more colours and for a greater variety of reasons or combination of reasons. This is one reason different growers produce such different results with same strain... different lights and/or environmental conditions including atmospheric pressure.

Given the ever growing number of ways plants communicate being discovered I find it an easy leap to think colours can be something that they might change easily to communicate as well.
Be it to attract insects common to the environment the plant senses around it or just a reaction to hot days cool roots and cool evenings. Or maybe in your case to more stable conditions than less..
Lol long story short... I think your plants are happy and their “bubbling” at you like an effulgent ten year old.:biggrin:
I also think that it’s probably a decent indication of purple OTH phenotypes but only time will tell I guess (or Dubi)

SolarLogos

That Neville’s panama is getting crazy bushy especially compared to the purple satellite. The PS really doesn’t want to branch. Gonna be awesome to see what it does through the summer. Very jealous of your climate down there. Frost in September made me just give up on growing outside.
You are correct about the purple satellite being very columnar and little branching. They are really lovely plants. I don't expect them to produce as much as some others I have, but I'm looking to soar to new heights, so yield is not something I care about with these girls. I may haze them, we will see how the pollen chucking goes.
The NHxP is really bushy and has the potential I think, to produce quite a bit of flower, we will see. She has been really easy to grow, no fuss, just a nice, quiet gal that likes to sit in the sun and stay green. I actually added a decent amount of organic grow granular mix to her peat when I transplanted her, plus I feed her 850 ppm every 3 days or so and she looks green, happy and never even a hint of nutrient toxicity. She is a complete joy to grow.
Sorry to hear you have frost in Sept., that is way too early. Purple Satellite might be a great one for you. Also, keeping the plants in pots, you can bring them in at night during the summer to put them into flower earlier so you can harvest before the cold hits. Do you have room for a small hoop greenhouse over a raised bed, that you cover during the cold season? Ace has a few good sativa that will still do well in cold weather, in case the cold snap hits you earlier than you expected. You still have a few options my friend, hopefully they will be available to you.
Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you around.
Peace, God bless

therevverend

Veteran
Those Hazes look great, I really like the #4 pheno, reminds me of some potent plants I remember. Although I love the other type, the wispy bamboo look. I think you're feeding them just right.

H x P looks good too, I love this time of year when the plants hit their stride. Harvest time looks fun. I agree that these days growing the strains you enjoy trumps growing strains for large yields. Leave that to the big time commercial guys. Of course everyone loves big plants and big buds but that's secondary to growing what you want to smoke.

I'm beginning to face the possibility that all four of my Purple Satellite could be male. Already culled two boys, the green phenos. That leaves me with two purples and every day they don't sprout hairs I get more pessimistic. Seeing weird leafy preflowers that don't look good but aren't definitive. Got my fingers crossed, maybe I'll look tomorrow morning and see two little white hairs smiling back at me.

The good news is the giant Kuamoni is female, of course there's the possibility of sex reversal. My friend calls her the giraffe, it fits. I've never seen a plant grow like that, it would make excellent hemp. Here's a picture.

picture.php

For scale the plants in front are over 6 feet, I'm estimating it's 3 feet past that. In other words almost 3 meters. Has a pickle smell when you rub the stalk although it's getting more spicy. Can't wait to smell the flowers.

Being more of a jungli hash/hemp plant the potency could be anywhere. There's the possibility of a high ratio of CBD to THC. I enjoyed the Sinai I grew last year, beautiful plant and aromatic flowers but it had no potency at all. Must have been all CBD. I don't need super potent flowers but I do like my THC, I'd prefer if the Kuamoni isn't a CBD strain. We'll see, I definitely need to breed on it.

SolarLogos

Those Hazes look great, I really like the #4 pheno, reminds me of some potent plants I remember. Although I love the other type, the wispy bamboo look. I think you're feeding them just right.

H x P looks good too, I love this time of year when the plants hit their stride. Harvest time looks fun. I agree that these days growing the strains you enjoy trumps growing strains for large yields. Leave that to the big time commercial guys. Of course everyone loves big plants and big buds but that's secondary to growing what you want to smoke.

I'm beginning to face the possibility that all four of my Purple Satellite could be male. Already culled two boys, the green phenos. That leaves me with two purples and every day they don't sprout hairs I get more pessimistic. Seeing weird leafy preflowers that don't look good but aren't definitive. Got my fingers crossed, maybe I'll look tomorrow morning and see two little white hairs smiling back at me.

The good news is the giant Kuamoni is female, of course there's the possibility of sex reversal. My friend calls her the giraffe, it fits. I've never seen a plant grow like that, it would make excellent hemp. Here's a picture.

View Image

For scale the plants in front are over 6 feet, I'm estimating it's 3 feet past that. In other words almost 3 meters. Has a pickle smell when you rub the stalk although it's getting more spicy. Can't wait to smell the flowers.

Being more of a jungli hash/hemp plant the potency could be anywhere. There's the possibility of a high ratio of CBD to THC. I enjoyed the Sinai I grew last year, beautiful plant and aromatic flowers but it had no potency at all. Must have been all CBD. I don't need super potent flowers but I do like my THC, I'd prefer if the Kuamoni isn't a CBD strain. We'll see, I definitely need to breed on it.
Greetings my friend, thank you for the kind words. Probably a combination between the weather (we've had a break and it's dropped into the low to mid upper 80's the past few days) and the feeding, because they are taking off! The OTH 4 that you like, has put on at least 12 inches this week and is filling out/putting on bud sites nicely. Here she is, taller than the purple satellite! The OTH 4 is on the left, purple satellite on the right.

Here is PS 2 getting prepared to drop pollen soon.

Another male, PS 4 is also getting ready, about a week behind PS 2.

You may not see hairs for a while on females. My observations with these plants indicate the under-developed calyx hides perfectly behind the stipule and if you peel it back with tweezers from the 4th node and up to the top, you can see how the stipule/bract covers the calyx well, whereas the male claw will grow out to the outside of the stipule, exposing itself between the leaf's petiole and the stipule of the respective nodes. For example, the primordia you refer to would be left of the left stipule and between that stipule and the leaf petiole on the left, or right of the right side stipule between the right stipule and the right side leaf petiole.
Here is an example of the female calyx behind the stipule. The female calyx does not grow out to the side of the stipule like the males, but directly behind it. The two calyx in the center of the picture (top one just below the bend under leaf), one above the other are good examples:

The males will have primordia growing off the the outside of the stipule:

If you do have males and you're interested in preserving the pollen, Douglas.Curtis has a great thread on reversing that has a great write up on pollen preservation.

Diluting Your Pollen
Any visible bit of pollen you can see is made up of millions of bits of pollen, making one pollen per pistil pollination impossible. Mixing your pollen at one part pollen to 50 parts corn starch or flour prevents waste. Each pistil requires only one bit of pollen to create a seed and the dilution makes this easy.

Using a Makeup Brush to Pollinate With
Many growers report excellent results with evenly pollinating plants, when they use a clean makeup brush. The brush allows easy application of the pollen evenly across the plant. When the pollen is diluted with flour, you're easily able to see which flowers you've already pollinated.
### Storing Your Pollen for Years (Possibly 10+ Years)
Pollen can be stored for a long time in a freezer, as long as it has been thoroughly dried. Silica packs do not absorb down to a low enough relative humidity, so dried rice is used.

Heat un-cooked rice in an oven at 150F-170F for at least 12hrs. Pour the hot rice into a sealable glass container (I personally use large peanut butter jars). Seal the jar and let it cool to room temperature.

Collect your pollen and carefully transfer it to a foil baking cup or other small container which fits in the jar. Seal the pollen in the rice container and set it in a cool, dark place for 7 days.

Toast some flour in a skillet on the stove until it is a dark tan color, then seal hot in another glass, airtight container and let cool to room temperature. This will remove the moisture from the flour.
Remove the pollen from the dried rice jar and mix it at a ratio of 1 part pollen to 50 parts flour.
Seal the mixed pollen in small containers, foil or plastic sealed pouches or (preferred) 1.5ml centrifuge tubes.
LABEL your containers carefully, using the specific plant name, date and any other information you believe you'll remember later. (Because there's a good chance you won't)
Seal the containers in a thermos and keep it in your freezer. The thermos acts as an additional thermal protection barrier, just in case you have a freezer issue years down the line. It also makes transferring pollen from one place to another a safe operation. Just be sure to keep the thermos at freezing temps, and to limit the amount of time outside the freezer.

Stubborn Female Refusing to Turn?
While the most stable female plants are the type of plants we strongly want to breed with, they are often difficult to get quality amounts of pollen from. These tips should help even the most stubborn female in your stable flip large amounts of viable pollen.

Test Different Spray Schedules
Flower out small clones of the plant you want to reverse. Use a different spray schedule with each clone, keeping careful track. You may find one schedule works much better than the others.

Use Colloidal Silver
Some growers have reported success with the alternative spray schedules, with a follow up spraying of a high ppm colloidal silver solution, 2-3 weeks into flower.

Collect, Dry and Crush the Pods
Have a plant growing great big clusters of male flowers which don't seem to open, or don't have much pollen when they do open?
When the pods have swelled and look like they are fully mature and should be opening, cut them off the stem. Wrap the clusters in paper towels and bury them in a sealed jar of dried rice. (Heat un-cooked rice in an oven at 150-170F for at least 12hrs and cool in a sealed jar) The rice will absorb the moisture from the pods and dry them completely.

When the pods are completely dry and crispy, gently crush them through a tea strainer, or similar fine mesh strainer. You'll find large quantities of viable pollen.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=357407

That Kuamoni is really tall! Will she finish in time? Definitely keep us updated on that girl. Have you grown her or smoked her before? How is she? If she is weak, is there possibilities of crossing her out?
Thanks again for your update and all the information, it's always good to hear from you my friend.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

OTH clones

OTH clones

Here is a picture of OTH 4 a female with purple main stems and petioles. Does this indicate that it will be a purple pheno? I should mention, none of the mother plants outside have any purple. I'm using LED full spectrum panels indoors on the clones. The purple really stands out under the LED, however, the plants that don't have any green, still look green under the lights, only the purple is more pronounced or visible under the grow lights.
Here is a picture of OTH 4, I posted the mother today in the above post; she does not have any purple, only her clone:

This is OTH 3 and it only has one petiole that is purple and the rest is green. OTH 2 is similar, but all green and no purple.

What do you think? Has anyone experienced this with OTH?
Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

Last edited:

SolarLogos

Her leaves are getting really long. Here is one with a 9 inch/23cm finger! She has quite a few long leaves that size. She still has quite a ways to go.
OTH#4

She is in a 20 gallon pot. I love these plants, I'm always waiting to see what changes they have for me next. We are going to be in the low to mid 90's for a week then back up to around 100F/38C again next week, so they may slow down during that time. They are taking water daily now, so I have two barrels dechlorinating all the time now. Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

Last edited:

Mountainkush

I know I could probably make it work but it’s just not worth the trouble right. I’ve got enough growing inside year round for me and my wife now that I upgraded my grow room. I actually have a 16’x20’ greenhouse but the ceiling is only 6.5’. I’ve grown a few autos in it in raised pots but it just gets so cold and wet in September. I’m on the highest point on a mountain, very close to the ocean. Wet spring, hot summer then a cold wet fall.
I may have to try some PS. Wonder how well they would do indoors. I love the colourful ones.
Glad to hear the NH x P has been so easy so far. She looks like a happy girl. Hope she’ll be just as happy in a small pot of coco.

SolarLogos

I know I could probably make it work but it’s just not worth the trouble right. I’ve got enough growing inside year round for me and my wife now that I upgraded my grow room. I actually have a 16’x20’ greenhouse but the ceiling is only 6.5’. I’ve grown a few autos in it in raised pots but it just gets so cold and wet in September. I’m on the highest point on a mountain, very close to the ocean. Wet spring, hot summer then a cold wet fall.
I may have to try some PS. Wonder how well they would do indoors. I love the colourful ones.
Glad to hear the NH x P has been so easy so far. She looks like a happy girl. Hope she’ll be just as happy in a small pot of coco.
Those are some pretty tough conditions and you're right, not worth the trouble and better off indoors. With the exception of the two OTH males, the clones in the flower room are very manageable. That is always an option, if the PS stretch too much indoors, maybe flower the clone and cull the mom. I will have to see how these clones do through flower. The NHxP clone has also remained compact. I will get more pictures of the clones up soon.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Nevil's Haze x Panama Goddess

Nevil's Haze x Panama Goddess

NHxP is filling in nicely. She has the potential to be a beast if she were started early enough and put into the ground. She has been super easy to grow. She is still feeding about 850-900 ppm liquid organic grow nutrients. Everything pH at 6.8

I will post on the Honduran x Panama next.

SolarLogos

Honduran x Panama

Honduran x Panama

I have HxP 1 and 2 in pots and 4 is in the ground. HxP1 looked interesting, so I kept her around and am keeping her in a smaller pot so her size will stay manageable. She has tiny calyx but long thick white hairs. Here she is:

HxP2

HxP4 in the ground and in training

They are feeding 850-900 ppm 2-3 timers per week.
I will post on the OTH next.

SolarLogos

Old Timers Haze

Old Timers Haze

OTH 1 and 4 are my two females. They are really filling in and starting to stretch their legs. They are also feeding 850-900 ppm 2-3x/week. Other than that, they look happy have been pretty easy on me, not too difficult.
OTH1

OTH 4, the one with the 9" fingers:

Thanks for stopping by.

Peace, God bless

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Great thread Bro. I have some Panama from Ace, and some NH35 x Oax04 Nevil sent me, growing now. Ill be crossing those later this season. The Panama Has always been very good. Not a heavy yield for me, but wonderful special flavor. I think it will cross well

SolarLogos

Great thread Bro. I have some Panama from Ace, and some NH35 x Oax04 Nevil sent me, growing now. Ill be crossing those later this season. The Panama Has always been very good. Not a heavy yield for me, but wonderful special flavor. I think it will cross well
Are you posting your grow here on ICmag? If so, I would love to follow it. I have Zamaldelica x Panama and Nevil's Hashplant Haze x KaliChina I'm growing. I want to get Vermontman's Zacatecas Tribute (Big Sur Holy Weed x 79 Oaxaca) when it comes out in fall. As far as crosses, for sure OTH x Purple Satellite and a few other crazy ideas:biggrin:
Thanks for stopping by my friend.
Peace, God bless

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Here is a Panama
picture.php

Here is a NH35 x Oax04
picture.php

Both were transplanted today and still in a little bit of shock

SolarLogos

Here is a Panama
View Image

Here is a NH25 x Oax04
View Image

Both were transplanted today and still in a little bit of shock
Beautiful and healthy plants. They look pretty happy to me. I love the light green of the NH25xOax04. I'll be honest, I know nothing about that cross, but it sounds interesting. As a fellow old school sativa lover, it sounds pretty good. I would love to hear how it smokes.
I have some Ace Panama regs that I need to grow out soon, but I have a few others to get to first. Feel free to keep posting them here, I would love to follow anything with Oaxaca or haze (or any sativa for that matter).
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Honduran x Panama male clone

Honduran x Panama male clone

Honduran x Panama #6 is the first male from the flower room to produce sacs:

Sorry the first photo is a little out of focus on some tops.
My purple satellite male clone flowered outdoors and is now indoors by the window. He has started dropping pollen.

We are at 14 hours 45 minutes of daylight today and descending.
Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless