What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nevil's haze x Panama, Purple Satellite, Honduran x Panama, OTH Outdoors/Greenhouse

SolarLogos

View Image View Image Hi my friend all looking nice and healthy those girls are going to be big soon ha ha.
Are you going to up pot or keep them in small pots?

What is pinching? Forgive my ignorance I'm not up with all the terms used on the forums living in a bubble at the moment ha ha.
Love watching the birth of some of my favorite strains in the sun always nice to see.
Here's my sole survivor the Purple Honduras x Panama I have 6 or 7 clones from the second one we will see how they go.
Your plants look great my friend! Do they have any smells in particular? I am finding a lot of lemon, a couple of incense, and a few floral.
I call it pinching. I pinch every 3 nodes on the tops of all branches. I prefer bushy over Christmas tree as they can get pretty tall.
I have potted up the plants that I have decided to keep. I haven't potted up all of them yet, still waiting for HxP to show hairs before I pot up.
The two PS are going into the ground. I haven't done so yet, because I did a bunch of improvements on the house, so I'm waiting for the city permit inspector to sign off before I put them into the ground. I know it's legal, but I have a rule, I don't show anyone my plants in person, or tell anyone I know about them.
Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

Tangwena

Veteran
Good thinking on the stealth and privacy issues man the less you advertise the better even in legal situations you still have straight out thieves everywhere.

Re pinching I see what you are doing now good idea as the plants are going to keep growing up otherwise.

Mine is a bonsai I only need an ounce or two for my needs.
The scrog I had outside even only getting afternoon winters sun produced much more than I needed.
I will give some away on my next fishing trip.

The plants indoors under lights absolutely stink to high heaven its like a spicy floral sweet skunk smell I love it.
I am very excited to grow this variety, the clones look like they have taken just like you have found they strike easily you have got to love sativas its so hard to kill them.

I am going to try the Panama x Purple Haze cobs today even though they are not fully cured I chewed a small piece yesterday and the piney sweet taste was too much ha ha.

There are so many good plants to try from Ace I just give up, any one of them would keep me happy for life. But with so many good strains to choose from its doing my head in ha ha.

Anyway thoroughly enjoying your grows and posts its a pleasure to see and read them.
Stay cool brother.

Breadwizard

I've had my eyes on those PS for good, early, desease resistant outdoor genetics, I'll be watching with a keen eye for when they finish at your latitude.

SolarLogos

I've had my eyes on those PS for good, early, desease resistant outdoor genetics, I'll be watching with a keen eye for when they finish at your latitude.

Good thinking on the stealth and privacy issues man the less you advertise the better even in legal situations you still have straight out thieves everywhere.

Re pinching I see what you are doing now good idea as the plants are going to keep growing up otherwise.

Mine is a bonsai I only need an ounce or two for my needs.
The scrog I had outside even only getting afternoon winters sun produced much more than I needed.
I will give some away on my next fishing trip.

The plants indoors under lights absolutely stink to high heaven its like a spicy floral sweet skunk smell I love it.
I am very excited to grow this variety, the clones look like they have taken just like you have found they strike easily you have got to love sativas its so hard to kill them.

I am going to try the Panama x Purple Haze cobs today even though they are not fully cured I chewed a small piece yesterday and the piney sweet taste was too much ha ha.

There are so many good plants to try from Ace I just give up, any one of them would keep me happy for life. But with so many good strains to choose from its doing my head in ha ha.

Anyway thoroughly enjoying your grows and posts its a pleasure to see and read them.
Stay cool brother.
Greetings my friends and thank you for your kind words as always:huggg:
Have you, or anyone else for that matter, noticed a difference in the effects of a dominant Pine, vs. a dominant Incense pheno? I'm wondering what, if any, how the pine or the incense influence the high. I have two Honduran x Panama that are dominant, one in pine and the other incense. If I can find a strong incense OTH, I will cross with the HxP incense pheno, same with a dominant pine OTH to cross with the HxP, if I am so lucky. It doesn't have to be males, I have clones of the two HxP that I will try to reverse with Gibberellic acid, so if the OTH I'm looking for happens to be a female, no problem. Thank you very kindly in advance for any thoughts.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Reversing HxP and OTH

Reversing HxP and OTH

I probably should add (and these are good questions for Dubi, not just anyone), how OTH females responds to reversing, particularly using Gibbberelic Acid? I'm sure it's too early to ask that question about the HxP, unless you have already done it Dubi? I have clones of my two best OTH that I am also planning to reverse, but I'm sure that will take some time.
Is there a general difference between crossing OTH into another Sativa, such as HxP or crossing HxP into the OTH? In other words, which direction should the cross go? I can try both and see if needed,
Thanks again in advance.
Peace, God bless

YukonKronic

I probably should add (and these are good questions for Dubi, not just anyone), how OTH females responds to reversing, particularly using Gibbberelic Acid? I'm sure it's too early to ask that question about the HxP, unless you have already done it Dubi? I have clones of my two best OTH that I am also planning to reverse, but I'm sure that will take some time.
Is there a general difference between crossing OTH into another Sativa, such as HxP or crossing HxP into the OTH? In other words, which direction should the cross go? I can try both and see if needed,
Thanks again in advance.
Peace, God bless

From what I could gather from Dubi’s posts as well as others progeny testing is only really solid way to understand how a given plant (and depending on degree of stability within the line plant population) passes particular traits through breeding.
Until you experiment as in the case of PCK/sativa hybrids you cannot do more than hypothesize about which way crosses should be performed with said plant or population. I personally allow those Hypotheticals to be driven by the dominant traits in both the lines AND the individuals I have chosen... if individual is an outlier it is less likely to pass all of its traits.
This can be good too though if you WANT one partner to dominate the other more.
With PCK Dubi has found that using PCK as the pollen donor in sativa hybrids more reliably gives him the results he looks for. Those criteria are up to him though and I rather doubt that when experimenting with new crosses he has given up entirely on using PCK as mother.
I shouldn’t put words in the mans mouth though I’m merely speculating.

Edit: lol I got long winded and then realized you were specifically asking for experience with OTH crosses.
Too much smoking and typing and walking away to do other shit and smoking and typing.....
If it was me I would just PM Dubi and save reading the whole OTH thread for nuggets.

SolarLogos

Lol edited this out cause I’m too stoned to make much sense at the moment.. haha sorry Solar!
Naw, your good my friend. I did read Dubi's post where he said parental selection was more important, but I was wondering if there is a difference in one parent dominating and in which way, when crossing out or crossing into OTH.
Thanks for all your info, it's not too much. I enjoy reading all of your posts, very analytical and informative.
Peace, God bless

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi brother I dont agree with constant crossings of different plants all the time I think more is lost along the way than gained.
If I find one that I like I stick with it. Sometimes mixing two strong plants ends up with the most bland highs.
Just my thoughts.

SolarLogos

Hi brother I dont agree with constant crossings of different plants all the time I think more is lost along the way than gained.
If I find one that I like I stick with it. Sometimes mixing two strong plants ends up with the most bland highs.
Just my thoughts.
That's a good point. I always try to imagine the outcome, but I know it's so unpredictable. I'm just satisfying curiosity I guess. Breeding to me is not serious and that is mostly my indoor stuff. For outdoor, I always keep uncontaminated seeds from everything I grow using as open pollination I can. I wouldn't want to lose a strain I like, I may want to grow it again in the future.:biggrin:
Peace, God bless

Tangwena

Veteran
Nothing wrong with having fun at the fair my friend. Your blessed with the ability to engage in your hobby without fear of persecution I wish I was the same.
Cant wait to see what you come up with, you might need a bigger boat ha ha.

SolarLogos

Clones

Clones

The clones have been in the flower room at 11/13 light for a few days into week 4. They were pretty small when I put them in, a week veg only after rooting. A couple need to be fed it looks like, otherwise they are tolerating our extreme heat pretty well, some sign of stress on a couple plants, nothing too bad.

Group shot

OTH: The 1st row, 1-3 and bottom row 4,5. OTH 2,3 are both males.

Nevil's Haze x Panama

Purple Satellite: The two smallest ones have only been in a couple weeks. They took forever to root. I have a few more in the veg room.

Honduran x Panama: Top row: 1-4 and Bottom row: 5-7

I will get pictures up of the mothers later today and more information about them.
Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

The OTH are pacing themselves and everything fared well in the heat. We had a several days over 100F-103F(38-39.4C). I fed the OTH 600 ppm organic grow formula last Friday and again last Monday and they are nice and green, no sign of toxicity. What they really need is to be flushed and transplanted into bigger pots.

I decided not to do any kind of light depo. Instead, I am putting in a couple of HPS lights in the greenhouse to supplement the sun's intensity and heat, so I will be finishing everything on it's natural cycle this year. This weekend, I will put the female OTH in their permanent home, 15 gallon/57 liter fabric smart pots.
Here is my favorite, OTH 1

The runt, OTH 5

The two males, OTH 2, 3

Daylight hours :14 hours 52 minutes
Feeding: 600 ppm every 4 days, watering in between pH 6.8
Pest management: Insecticidal soap every other evening.
Thanks for stopping by
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Nevil's Haze x Panama

Nevil's Haze x Panama

Here is HxP#2, my pine pheno on the left and Nevil's Haze x Pan on the right. I fed both 860 ppm of organic grow formula last Friday, again Monday and today it's leaves are turning yellow. It was just transplanted last week. I fed again today, 1050 ppm and will flush and transplant again on Sunday. The NHxP just cruises along, no troubles.

Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

Tangwena

Veteran
Damn run out of likes ha ha The Nev x Panama looks crazy good from here cant wait to see what you do with her man.

SolarLogos

Damn run out of likes ha ha The Nev x Panama looks crazy good from here cant wait to see what you do with her man.
Thanks my friend, glad you could stop by. Here is a closer picture of her as the sun was going down. It was pretty hot again today, keeping her watered daily and she has been really happy. She looks a little droopy as she gets ready for bed. She is next to a Purple satellite. The PS is 1.8 meters tall.

So far, I love the structure of this Nevil's Haze x Panama. The internode spacing is perfect considering all of her branching and re-branching. She branches very well and if the internode spacing were any closer, there wouldn't be enough air flow and light penetration. She branches very symmetrically and responds well to her tips being pinched off. We will see how her branches hold up to any weight as they do look thin compared to the HxP (they are beefy!).

She is not too flattering as she gets ready for bed. I will have to get another picture of her in the morning when she wakes up. Thanks for stopping by.

Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Very nice man, interesting times coming :tiphat:
Greetings Tony and welcome, the Ace threads is the right place to be:biggrin:
We are in week 11 now. When we started we had 13 hours of daylight, now we are at the longest days of year at 14 hours 52 minutes and we go back down.
Week 3, plants started feeding 300 ppm organic grow formula 3-2-4 twice per week, increasing to 600 ppm and 850 ppm the last week. I'm increasing the feeding to every other day now, as every 3-4 days is not enough.
Temperatures started out around 90F in the greenhouse and have stayed between 95-104F the past few weeks and should stay at least into the 90's until mid-sept or so.
Honduran x Panama

Structurally, I have two types, one that is more columnar with big wide shade leaves and the more compact with shorter, slightly narrower leaves. They all initially started out with a strong lemon smell, fresh lemon oil. The smells evolved over time, midway smelling floral, herbal, little piney and citrus, which I assume is development of Terpinolene. About 10 days ago, they all took on individual smells that have so far remained. All to a certain degree, have some lemon at least in the background. Some its the most prominent smell. There are two that I have my eye on and it's HxP2 that I posted earlier and she is very strong incense. She is more columnar, big leaves. The other is HxP5 and all pine smell, compact/smaller leaves. Those are the two smells I was most interested in. Here is HxP5

I've stopped pinching the tops now, as she is starting to offset her new growth at each node. Otherwise, every branch, re-branch has been pinched at every 3 nodes.

I will post on the Nevils haze, OTH and Purple Satellite tomorrow.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

OTH

OTH

Here is OHT #1. She has responded well to having her tops pinched off every 3 nodes. I stopped topping her because her nodes are now offsetting. She has maybe 6 months left to go? Going to get crowded in the greenhouse if she keeps this up:biggrin: Love the long slender leaves. She is beautiful.

Here is OTH #4. It looks like I am going to end up with 3 males out of the 5 plants.
Two days ago, I fed them 850 ppm of organic grow mix and you can see, they greened right up. I've not had any issues with over feeding. The first 6 weeks or so, they did not need any feeding, just what was in the soil mix. Gradually I introduced organic feedings and now they are feeding the same strength as the other plants, albeit, not as frequently, about once a week.

Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

Mountainkush

That Neville’s panama is getting crazy bushy especially compared to the purple satellite. The PS really doesn’t want to branch. Gonna be awesome to see what it does through the summer. Very jealous of your climate down there. Frost in September made me just give up on growing outside.

Latest posts

Latest posts