What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whats Cooking Icmag!

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hnil31k.jpg

what's cooking? this is what's cooking, just not in my kitchen atm.......

andl

WHAT IS THIS BACON SAUCE YOU SPEAK OF!? I MUST KNOW!!

ok, here you are:

get your meat whatever (pork/beef) salted peppered/marinaded and on one side some mustard on,just cook to sear short (fast heating and roasting then let it rest, outside of pan) get some roasted bacon and "Röstzwiebel" - roasted onions inside and add then green pepper in salt-water, pour some of the "pepper-water" also onto the pan and squeeze the pepper with a fork, then add double-cream, and cook to boil as hot as you get it, stir and watch closely until you get a creamy sauce, you can add butter-flour mixture to thicken but its not necesarry if done correctly :D

lol, sorry for talking so much when you ve done it once you make this sauce in a few minutes

PS. this sauce is even killer without the rosted onios and bacon just the meat in the pan and the pepper/cream and roasted meat mix is outstanding

you need the green pepper in salt-water mix, without its not nearly the same

Last edited:

andl

i search for the pic of one of the best latest meals i cooked and i hurt my finger with a new damask knife really badly, i guess this is for attuning ^^

but this was great, i made a KILLER T-BONE STEAK 900grams, with fresh aspargus (white one, local farmers) and made a lemon touched sauce hollandaise (sure selfmade) and this pepper sauce and some parsley potatoes which were tossed in melted butter.... jesus christ

i didnt got a good red wine for this... :(

Last edited:

andl

i'm currently on a trip in the basque country and i found the best piece of pork here without any doubt... i let you know soon ^^
(i m suprised that even the supermercado quality is very nice)

this is incredible, iberian style!

kaochiu

Veteran
Roasted lamb. The device had a motor, but it was going too quick and didn't have time to fix it, so went back to old style, 90º turn every 15 minutes. In total 7 hours. We forgot the cutlery. Pics aren't deserving, sorry.

andl

here it is step by step :)
its lomo de iberia (from pig) marinade, mustard salt pepper and thyme, some cheese and chorizo on top, spinach with roasted onions and bacon, potatoes and holly sauce, butter aspargus, eh and deep frozen vegetables lol

all fresh without the veggies...

PS: was in the mood for cookin' :D

Attachments

• lomo1.jpg
    lomo1.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 22
  • preparing1.jpg
    preparing1.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 25
  • preparing2.jpg
    preparing2.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 21
  • preparing3.jpg
    preparing3.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 21
  • preparing4.jpg
    preparing4.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 19
  • preparing5.jpg
    preparing5.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 18
  • preparing6.jpg
    preparing6.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 20
  • prepparing7.jpg
    prepparing7.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 21
  • bon_proveco.jpg
    bon_proveco.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bacon Spam on thinly sliced Puerto rican bread, topped with a generous amount of hellmann's mayonnaise . Spam is room temp right from the can.

Sometimes I go "gourmet" and add shaved lettuce, tomato, oil and vinegar, salt and pepper and mayo but tonight I'm an extra cheap date :)